Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Club shares are valued at $17.35 each. That's very good value for anyone who did buy the initially priced shares at $12. I can only see them shooting up in value if we continue to perform on the pitch, and with new sponsorship deals due pretty soon. New kit sponsorship with Nike, and we also bought out the training kit sponsorship with DHL - so we'll have something lined up there.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United, Crystal Palace and Wilfried Zaha have reached an agreement for the player to join Manchester United in July 2013.

The player is having a medical in Manchester today (Friday 25 January).

There will be no further comment by any party until Wilfried joins United in July 2013.

ReputationRep:
    As it's all been said, would be interesting to see how Zaha does for us next season.
    My mates who follow the championship says he's on and off like a young prospect usually is, but would be worth the money in the long term. I can see us keeping all 3 wingers we have atm if anything Nani seems the most likely to leave due to his attitude but would be sad to see him go.

A mate pointed this out to me, could the number 7 shirt be the cause for Valencia to under perform? This season he's been trying to add more to his game, rather than running at the fullbacks and whipping an early cross in. It wont be the first time a player suffers from self pressure.

ReputationRep:
    GK-De Gea 22
    RB-Rafaeal 22
    CB-Smalling 23
    CB-Jones 20
    LB- Fabio/Buttner 22/23
    RM-Zaha 20
    CM/CDM- Cleverly 23/Anderson 24/Wanyama 21????
    CAM-Kagawa/Powell 23/18
    LM-Nani 26
    ST-Hernandez/Hendriquez 24/18
    ST-Welbeck 22

11 fully capped internationals

ReputationRep:
    Probably just the deviation from devoted wingers, with us playing different formations than just 4-4-1-1. He's been required to do a bit more, which he hasn't really achieved and stopped doing what he's good at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    GK-De Gea 22
    RB-Rafaeal 22
    CB-Smalling 23
    CB-Jones 20
    LB- Fabio/Buttner 22/23
    RM-Zaha 20
    CM/CDM- Cleverly 23/Anderson 24/Wanyama 21????
    CAM-Kagawa/Powell 23/18
    LM-Nani 26
    ST-Hernandez/Hendriquez 24/18
    ST-Welbeck 22

11 fully capped internationals
    Nani is the odd one out. Someone tell Fergie to buy Rodriguez too. He is 21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Nani is the odd one out. Someone tell Fergie to buy Rodriguez too. He is 21
    Makes you wonder if Brady will do a Pogba.. he should of been given a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    As it's all been said, would be interesting to see how Zaha does for us next season.
    My mates who follow the championship says he's on and off like a young prospect usually is, but would be worth the money in the long term. I can see us keeping all 3 wingers we have atm if anything Nani seems the most likely to leave due to his attitude but would be sad to see him go.

A mate pointed this out to me, could the number 7 shirt be the cause for Valencia to under perform? This season he's been trying to add more to his game, rather than running at the fullbacks and whipping an early cross in. It wont be the first time a player suffers from self pressure.
    Friend of mine who hasn't missed a Palace match in christ knows how long said that he is inconsistent as well, but full of talent. He also said that his form has dropped considerably since his England cap and he has been outshone by their other wide player. Still think he's a good singing and excited to see how he does.

ReputationRep:
    Zaha turned up to his Man Utd medical wearing an Imogen Thomas shirt, wonder if he bumped in to Giggs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    #superinjuction

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joewilliamson)
    Oh and anyone who is going the FA Cup game vs Fulham on Saturday, please take a look at this:

www.reclaimunited.co.uk
    They tried that marching to the ground thing for Cantona week a couple of months back and it was embarrasingly bad. All these gimmicks get a few hundred people off the internet involved and then fizzle out almost immediately, seen it happen too many times.

Anyway folks, what do we make of Macclesfield's chief executive whinging about United being on TV every time we play in the FA Cup? Anyone seen the article?

ReputationRep:
    Sir Alex defends David De Gea against the recent media storm:

Sir Alex Ferguson has thrown his weight behind David De Gea and told the Manchester United goalkeeper to ignore any detractors in the press.

The Spaniard pulled off a string of superb saves during last weekend's 1-1 draw with Tottenham but was criticised following Clint Dempsey’s late equaliser at White Hart Lane, having only half-cleared Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s initial cross.

Since then, the media have had a field day, condemning the 22-year-old's burgeoning Old Trafford career while also linking him with transfers to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Speaking to MUTV on Friday, Sir Alex dismissed such wild speculation and backed the youngster to handle the situation: "It has been over the top. It's always over the top when it comes to criticism here.

"The boy has got to brush it aside. Thirty seconds from time, he was a revelation according to most people. He was fantastic and made some fantastic saves. I'm not interested in discussing the criticism now because it's unfounded.

The boss also addressed the situation during his weekly press conference at Carrington, outlining his plan to support De Gea whilst lamenting the pitfalls of being a goalkeeper.

“It is better we deal with David De Gea rather than the press deal with him. I think we are quite good at that. He had a fantastic game and was 30 seconds away from that. I remember talking about how well he played and then 30 seconds from time the ball park changes.

“It is unfortunate for the lad but he has to deal with it. We will help him. Outfield players maybe make 20 mistakes in a game. But they are in a crucial position. We are okay with him."
    Source

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Sir Alex defends David De Gea against the recent media storm:

Source
    I agree with him, it was one mistake and it wasn't that big of one, he got the ball clear initially and was under pressure, other than that he was super all game for us, expect Lindegaard to play in the cup though, SAF likes to give him these kind of matches this season.

expect Rooney to start today as well, not the easiest game but hopefully we can win it.

ReputationRep:
    SAF had a slight dig at GN, saying you have to listen to 'some idiots on the TV sometimes'.... :sly:

Henriquez starting for Wigan against Macclesfield

ReputationRep:
      Know what game im watching then :yy:

ReputationRep:
      Man Utd: De Gea, Da Silva, Jones, Smalling, Evra, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Hernandez.

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Valencia, Welbeck, van Persie, Scholes, Kagawa.

Jones and Smalling Partnership at the back, Carrick and Anderson in the midfield and Rooney/Hernandez up top. Strong spine to the team. Will watch Jones and Smalling with great interest

ReputationRep:
      good to see Jones/Smalling given the chance at the back and great to see Ando and Nani back in the team as well.

ReputationRep:
      We actually scored a penalty !

ReputationRep:
      Well another example of "we get all the decisions" :rolleyes: Riise handball.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.