Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    To become a United legend.
    I think he lost the opportunity is become a Utd legend when he successfully held Utd to ransom. It's obvious money is his only motivation

ReputationRep:
    Hearing that Arsenal have managed to get Gustavo for £14m. If it's true, we really need to up our game and get someone in.

ReputationRep:
    oddly enough I don't think an Arsenal fan is the person to listen to on the subject of Rooney...

Moyes isn't stupid, he won't sell Rooney to Chelsea unless they make an offer we can't refuse (£50m+ or £35m+player(s))

that's if Rooney actually does go, chances still are he could stay and even play on Sunday if you believe the papers, I think it's interesting he hasn't said anything in public about it yet, I expect it's another situation of him not being 100% happy but at the same time his agent telling him to keep quiet for more money on his next contract or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    About Fellaini, don't forget that his contract buy out clause ended on July 31st. Thus if we are going to buy Fellaini it will almost certainly be more than the £23.5mill that would have worked in July.

In which case, United will have proven to have the worst transfer department ever.

Gustavo please.
    That clause expiry date is contradictory it seems. July 31st was the first reported one but I've read it's August 15th? But I'd be inclined to believe the former date which if so, means we'll have to pay a heck alot more.

ReputationRep:
    Finally found a utd thread .... Woop , @7seun for utd chatts , what do people think about Marco veratti , very good midfielder 20 year old , his value will only get bigger and bigger and if anderson doesnt fill his potential ithink he can be an effective CM oof box to box midfielder .. Opinions ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManL_Olu)
    Finally found a utd thread .... Woop , @7seun for utd chatts , what do people think about Marco veratti , very good midfielder 20 year old , his value will only get bigger and bigger and if anderson doesnt fill his potential ithink he can be an effective CM oof box to box midfielder .. Opinions ??
    Would be decent but did he not just sign a new contract extension keeping him at PSG till 2018?

ReputationRep:
    IF moyes doesnt sign anyone ( i pray not ) what would our team look like typically. ..
    ...________________David ________________
    Evra _________Vidic ______Jones___________Rafael
    ______________Carrick___________ _________
    Anderson _______
    Nani ___________Kagawa ______________Young/Zaha
    RVP
    *This is if rooney goes , which i hope not because moyes doesnt look like he can replace effectivly
    Ithink jones will start to certify his role as CB , & do people like valencia ? , i used to but then i began to think he is too predictable when running on the right & cant switch flanks? Overall ithink we have a good 1st team however depth wise we are NOT as good as city or chelsea
    Except in the CF role where i think "pea" can be deadly if chance given

ReputationRep:
    * sorry , anderson in the CM role ( in front of carrick)
    * RVP in CF role

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Would be decent but did he not just sign a new contract extension keeping him at PSG till 2018?
    Yes he signed a 1 year extention but there are still uncertain rumours flowing about, ithink we would Pip him but i do think he would stay for another year if he gets games because of the talent at the club

ReputationRep:
    IF moyes doesnt sign anyone ( i pray not ) what would our team look like typically. ..
    ...________________David ________________
    Evra _________Vidic ______Jones___________Rafael
    ______________Carrick___________ _________
    Anderson _______
    Nani ___________Kagawa ______________Young/Zaha
    RVP
    *This is if rooney goes , which i hope not because moyes doesnt look like he can replace effectivly
    Ithink jones will start to certify his role as CB , & do people like valencia ? , i used to but then i began to think he is too predictable when running on the right & cant switch flanks? Overall ithink we have a good 1st team however depth wise we are NOT as good as city or chelsea
    Except in the CF role where i think "pea" can be deadly if chance given
    * sorry , anderson in the CM role ( in front of carrick)
    * RVP in CF role
    Yes he signed a 1 year extention but there are still uncertain rumours flowing about, ithink we would Pip him but i do think he would stay for another year if he gets games because of the talent at the club
    Solid first few posts. Solid. You'll fit right in.

ReputationRep:
    Evans instead of Jones and I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Anderson always does this to us, he always starts well and makes us think that maybe he can make it. Then he gets injured for 4 months and comes back fat.

ReputationRep:
    Adnan Januzaj vs Sevilla.

If anyone here has Moyes' number in their phone book, can you give him a ring and tell him to stick Adnan in starting 11 for the Wigan game? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Anderson always does this to us, he always starts well and makes us think that maybe he can make it. Then he gets injured for 4 months and comes back fat.
    So he's united's version of diaby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    So he's united's version of diaby?
    No one is this bad

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  13.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Nani, Young and of course Rooney won't be in London. I think we'll line up like this...

De Gea
    Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
    Carrick Jones
    Zaha Giggs Welbeck
    Van Persie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Nani, Young and of course Rooney won't be in London. I think we'll line up like this...

De Gea
    Rafael Vidic Evans Evra
    Carrick Jones
    Zaha Giggs Welbeck
    Van Persie
    I don't know we will start anyone who played on Friday will we? might be a bit surprising if we do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    I don't know we will start anyone who played on Friday will we? might be a bit surprising if we do
    Only De Gea is a shoe-in. Although it's probably likely that one of Clevs and Ando will start. Wouldn't rule out Valencia and Kagawa either.

ReputationRep:
    The community shield will be a good game. Both teams will be aiming to get some "silverware" (if you can really call it that) early on. I really want to see more of Adnan Januzaj and Wilfried Zaha. They both look like great prospects for the future. I hope Moyes fields out a strong team. Anyway, what are your opinions on Nick Powell?

ReputationRep:
    Expecting us to win today and hopefully zaha and januzaj get playing, would like vp and chico to start up front today to push for the early goal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.