The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8300
Original post by polojoe
You mean the two spaniards that can't get into Spain's starting 11, that young Englishman who's injured for most of the season and that Welshman your own fans boo during home games?

Lets be honest most of the players on the Spanish bench would do a hell of a job for England.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by polojoe
You mean the two spaniards that can't get into Spain's starting 11, that young Englishman who's injured for most of the season and that Welshman your own fans boo during home games?

Its not exactly the easiest job to get into that Spanish 11 even though well none of them should be but Javi Martinez is a testament to that.
No-one questions Welbeck's general qualities with the football, or his defensive role he played against Madrid last season but as a striker, he'll be judged on goals. An column mentioning Welbeck as a replacement for Rooney.

Ronaldo, more than likely, will sign a new deal. Marca reported it recently although it wasn't something that was positively corroborated but people at the club seem confident that a wage increase will nudge him in line.
Original post by Aky786UK
No-one questions Welbeck's general qualities with the football, or his defensive role he played against Madrid last season but as a striker, he'll be judged on goals. An column mentioning Welbeck as a replacement for Rooney.

Ronaldo, more than likely, will sign a new deal. Marca reported it recently although it wasn't something that was positively corroborated but people at the club seem confident that a wage increase will nudge him in line.

I think the problem is that with the Beckham law ending, he's going to have to get a significant pay increase to even stay level with what he is earning. He could also want more of his image rights considering what a money making brand he is, which Madrid will be very uneasy about doing as it could ruin their entire model.
Original post by polojoe

Cazorla has 56 caps for Spain. Not exactly a bad thing that he doesn't start when you consider he's up against the likes of Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta for a place in the starting eleven.

That young Englishman happens to be one of the best midfielders in the league. It's all good your saying that now but he's still better than all of your midfielders apart from Carrick. And even then if he stays fit this season and regains his 2010/11 form I'd say no Utd midfielder is close to him.

Now onto the Welshman. I'm pretty sure a certain club were interested in him alongside Arsenal. In terms of Ramsey as a player, I see him as a better version of Cleverley. Someone who has end product to his game and will only get better this season. If you watched him play the end of last season and this pre-season you'd understand he would slot right next to Carrick and that would be a pretty good midfield.
Roberto Martinez on SSN saying the only approach for either Baines or Fellaini was the initial £12m bid for Baines. Fellaini had a cut so he didn't play today.
Arsenal have a better team than United. I'm sure they're going to finish above us, like they did the past 8 years.
Original post by NathanW18
Arsenal have a better team than United. I'm sure they're going to finish above us, like they did the past 8 years.

Don't understand why people are bothering arguing with the usual Arsenal delusional lot. They finished 16 points and 3 places below us last season. Daylight and then some. And both squads are relatively unchanged.

Let's not forget how easy we took it towards the end of the season. Whereas Arsenal were in a battle for fourth place (as usual) all the way until the end.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8308
Original post by polojoe

Please don't say our 2 midfielders are crap because they can't get in the spanish midfield.

Your best midfielder michael carrick can't even get into the england team which is far inferior.

No matter how dumb some united fans are non of em could say Uniteds midfield is better than Arsenals.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Don't understand why people are bothering arguing with the usual Arsenal delusional lot. They finished 16 points and 3 places below us last season. Daylight and then some. And both squads are relatively unchanged.

Let's not forget how easy we took it towards the end of the season. Whereas Arsenal were in a battle for fourth place (as usual) all the way until the end.

It's normally the same lot who blast you for being crazy for suggesting that the team that finished one place and one point behind them might be similar of quality to them as well. No ability to look at things objectively whatsoever.
Original post by yaboy
Please don't say our 2 midfielders are crap because they can't get in the spanish midfield.

Your best midfielder michael carrick can't even get into the england team which is far inferior.

Don't dis Carrick son. He's truly one of the most underrated footballers England has ever had. He hadn't been called up for England in the past because of bad management. England mangers kept on playing Lampard and Gerrard in central midfield and that partnership never worked. Just because he wasn't part of the failed Golden generation he was overlooked when he is what England needed
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yaboy

Your 2 midfielders are crap, they can't even get into the Spanish team :biggrin:

Thanks
Original post by sevchenko
Don't dis Carrick son. He's truly one of the most underrated footballers England has ever had. He hadn't been called up for England in the past because of bad management. England mangers kept on playing Lampard and Gerrard in central midfield and that partnership never worked. Just because he wasn't part of the failed Golden generation he was overlooked when he is what England needed

The ironic thing is, he is being called underrated so much he is turning overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
The ironic thing is, he is being called underrated so much he is turning overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:

How can someone who's being called underrated every 5 minutes be underrated?

Carrick is rated how he is, Man U's best midfielder and one of the best in the Premier League. Sick of people saying he's underrated.
A few seasons ago when Scholes was playing Carrick was underrated but now I think everyone knows how good a player he is so I'd say he's rated now.
Reply 8315
Is anyone else getting tired of Ashley young and his constant inyuries
Original post by Wilfred Little
Carrick is rated how he is, Man U's best midfielder and one of the best in the Premier League. Sick of people saying he's underrated.
That is only a tag which he has gained from opposition fans and the media this season. His 09/10 season was terrible when he started playing deeper and he picked up a lot of flak from United fans for it. After that, I think a lot of United fans realised exactly what it was that he does and did for the team, and how often what others saw as a poor performance or a flaw wasn't actually his fault, more a flaw which existed and still ****ing does in our midfield. I think the reason he's being called underrated is because the rest of the leagues fans as a general statement and the media have probably been 2 seasons behind a large portion of United fans in coming to the realisation that he is actually a good player one of our best. I don't think Carrick is underrated as a player but the style of play he uses I think is underrated, and probably will remain to be. Its more the modern evolution of the Makelele role, and is probably just like the Makelele role going to swing from massively misunderstood and underrated to the next trend yet still being misunderstood and hence underrated.
Original post by cost
Is anyone else getting tired of Ashley young and his constant inyuries

I always have been tired of Ashley Young - I'm not surprised with all the injuries though - his legs are basically matchsticks.
Original post by jam277
Wilshere beats all of your midfielders bar carrick ffs. :rofl:
I don't get why he's under the radar.

no he doesn't. he's not fit half the time and when he is his attitude is ****e, if he weren't English people wouldn't rate him half as much, he reminds me a bit of Anderson, glimpses of brilliance, but all too often unfit/injured.
Reply 8319
Original post by sevchenko

We can agree to disagree on this then, because I think he's garbage.

Latest