Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Was it just me or did Valencia play better without wearing the number 7 shirt today? Maybe Zaha starting in the first team put some pressure on him to put in a decent performance.
    1. you were facing wigan.
    2. Valencia was still ****, misplaced crosses, indecisiveness, being unable to take on his man. He's still horrible. Disappointing tbh but I think the guy needs an extensive dropping period. Like a good month without PL games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    They can't give it to Fellaini - he plays CM/CDM FFS. Number 7 is for wingers/strikers.
    Hmm, guess so but still wouldn't surprise me if they did to try and make out Fellaini is a major signing and to give a player confidence who wasn't a primary target. It might be more a case of giving the number to the player for confidence purposes but had they signed Fabregas then he would have got the jersey but unless they are signing Ronaldo (no chance) then I imagine it'll remain dormant till next summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    They can't give it to Fellaini - he plays CM/CDM FFS. Number 7 is for wingers/strikers.
    To be fair, one of the greatest number sevens was a midfielder (Robson).

I wouldn't be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Wilshere beats all of your midfielders bar carrick ffs. :rofl:
    I don't get why he's under the radar.
    Maybe cause he's injured most of the time but I admit he is one of the best when he's fully fit.

ReputationRep:
    If CR7 was coming back Ancelotti wouldn't be playing him in pre-season.

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere beats all of your midfielders bar carrick ffs. :rofl:
    I don't get why he's under the radar.
    Even Ramsey on current form would get into the United team to partner Carrick. Midfield is Arsenals strongest area and has been for quite a while, how can people be oblivious to that.

ReputationRep:
    1. you were facing wigan.
    2. Valencia was still ****, misplaced crosses, indecisiveness, being unable to take on his man. He's still horrible. Disappointing tbh but I think the guy needs an extensive dropping period. Like a good month without PL games.
    Wigan can beat anyone on their day so their not that bad a team as you're making out to be. But yes today they looked out of it.

I thought for the first time today he wasn't indecisively and actually took the ball forward on quite a few occasions without a end product I must say. But it was defiantly an improvement from his last game where he seemed lost.

ReputationRep:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/KingJonno12

The guy who called Van Persie to United is still at it. He faked putting a bet on Cristiano to Chelsea a couple months ago to drive down the odds of Cristiano to United, the bet he actually made.

Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell. Do United fans seriously still think Ronaldo is coming back? There's no chance, not currently anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie9872)
    Bloody hell. Do United fans seriously still think Ronaldo is coming back? There's no chance, not currently anyway.
    I thought it was impossible at the start of the transfer window. Now? Let's just say, I wouldn't be surprised if it did somehow happen. The player Moyes is talking about is probably Fellaini though.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie9872)
    No, most of us recognise that fact that a return is unlikely. The slim piece of hope that we have will likely be crushed when he signs an extension with madrid soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Even Ramsey on current form would get into the United team to partner Carrick. Midfield is Arsenals strongest area and has been for quite a while, how can people be oblivious to that.
    You mean the two spaniards that can't get into Spain's starting 11, that young Englishman who's injured for most of the season and that Welshman your own fans boo during home games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polojoe)
    You mean the two spaniards that can't get into Spain's starting 11, that young Englishman who's injured for most of the season and that Welshman your own fans boo during home games?
    Lets be honest most of the players on the Spanish bench would do a hell of a job for England.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its not exactly the easiest job to get into that Spanish 11 even though well none of them should be but Javi Martinez is a testament to that.

ReputationRep:
    No-one questions Welbeck's general qualities with the football, or his defensive role he played against Madrid last season but as a striker, he'll be judged on goals. An column mentioning Welbeck as a replacement for Rooney.

Ronaldo, more than likely, will sign a new deal. Marca reported it recently although it wasn't something that was positively corroborated but people at the club seem confident that a wage increase will nudge him in line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    No-one questions Welbeck's general qualities with the football, or his defensive role he played against Madrid last season but as a striker, he'll be judged on goals. An column mentioning Welbeck as a replacement for Rooney.

Ronaldo, more than likely, will sign a new deal. Marca reported it recently although it wasn't something that was positively corroborated but people at the club seem confident that a wage increase will nudge him in line.
    I think the problem is that with the Beckham law ending, he's going to have to get a significant pay increase to even stay level with what he is earning. He could also want more of his image rights considering what a money making brand he is, which Madrid will be very uneasy about doing as it could ruin their entire model.

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla has 56 caps for Spain. Not exactly a bad thing that he doesn't start when you consider he's up against the likes of Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta for a place in the starting eleven.

That young Englishman happens to be one of the best midfielders in the league. It's all good your saying that now but he's still better than all of your midfielders apart from Carrick. And even then if he stays fit this season and regains his 2010/11 form I'd say no Utd midfielder is close to him.

Now onto the Welshman. I'm pretty sure a certain club were interested in him alongside Arsenal. In terms of Ramsey as a player, I see him as a better version of Cleverley. Someone who has end product to his game and will only get better this season. If you watched him play the end of last season and this pre-season you'd understand he would slot right next to Carrick and that would be a pretty good midfield.

ReputationRep:
    Roberto Martinez on SSN saying the only approach for either Baines or Fellaini was the initial £12m bid for Baines. Fellaini had a cut so he didn't play today.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have a better team than United. I'm sure they're going to finish above us, like they did the past 8 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Arsenal have a better team than United. I'm sure they're going to finish above us, like they did the past 8 years.
    Don't understand why people are bothering arguing with the usual Arsenal delusional lot. They finished 16 points and 3 places below us last season. Daylight and then some. And both squads are relatively unchanged.

Let's not forget how easy we took it towards the end of the season. Whereas Arsenal were in a battle for fourth place (as usual) all the way until the end.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.