Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rooney is not a CM and should not be played as one. If Moyes is going to play him, he will play behind Van Persie. He offers a goal threat and without him, we're too dependant on Van Persie.

Playing Kagawa there would be fine, but we're going to lack goal scorers.

ReputationRep:
    It's gone very quiet on transfers not long left lets sign a mid to atleast increase numbers. Interesting to see welbeck played behind van Persie the other day bit he was crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I don't think Rooney can play as a CM, being a CM comes with responsibility and to handle that for 90mins you need to be disciplined. Discipline is not something Rooney has, his prerogative is to get on the ball, take risks and make something happen as an AM or a striker. That 5/6/10 failures for 1 success mentality that striker have to have is not something CM's or simply players with defensive responsibilities can have. I think its easy to throw caution to the wind and not pay attention to those responsibilities in a way its not to simply pick them up, so it easier for a CM to play AM than it is the opposite.
    Rooney's game has become more safe though. The teenager who joined us would have been a dreadful CM, but he doesn't take players on anymore and I think there's room for an expansive passer alongside Carrick. I think he'd be capable of it if he wanted to, but the problem with the idea is that i'm almost certain he doesn't want to, and if anything wants to play further forward than he is for us at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    problem is Kagawa probably wont even be given the chance..

He needs a regular slot, to get to know that position and make it his, - then we will see the kagawa of dortmund and japan..

But as long as he is being shifted out onto the wing, and never being a regular starter.. I feel we wont see the best of him
    I'm sure Kagawa will get his fair share of games at the start of this season. Probably most likely to start behind Van Persie against Swansea.

(Original post by ledleyking123)
    It's gone very quiet on transfers not long left lets sign a mid to atleast increase numbers. Interesting to see welbeck played behind van Persie the other day bit he was crap
    It's always quiet before the storm! Nobody saw Van Persie coming last season. Thursday marks the year anniversary of the day he sign. Stay on your toes that day.

ReputationRep:
    Kagawa hasn't been given a chance he scored more goals in his last season at BVB than Rooney did last season. For me the Rooney vs Kagawa battle for the no10 role is very similar to Ozil vs Kaka, and it'll take a lot of guts for Moyes to bench Rooney but I think Kagawa should be given a shot as with Rooney our ability to control the midfield is worse, & Kagawa wasn't the bundesliga player of the year for no reason.

On another note what do you guys think of Pereira, he was player of the tournament at the milk cup, and at 17 is another Belgium attacking midfielder talent that hopefully can have a Adnan type breakthrough , was rated very highly at PSV before we signed him.

ReputationRep:
    Get Nani firing so more goals are coming from the wing, allowing Kagawa to come in behind RVP, whose better passing will help out our weak central midfield :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Kagawa hasn't been given a chance he scored more goals in his last season at BVB than Rooney did last season. For me the Rooney vs Kagawa battle for the no10 role is very similar to Ozil vs Kaka, and it'll take a lot of guts for Moyes to bench Rooney but I think Kagawa should be given a shot as with Rooney our ability to control the midfield is worse, & Kagawa wasn't the bundesliga player of the year for no reason.

On another note what do you guys think of Pereira, he was player of the tournament at the milk cup, and at 17 is another Belgium attacking midfielder talent that hopefully can have a Adnan type breakthrough , was rated very highly at PSV before we signed him.
    Speaking of Ozil and Belgian players. Adnan Januzaj could get himself right into the mix of the number 10 discussion if he can keep up his pre-season form, he reminds me a lot of Ozil. Let's play all three in the hole. Through balls galore. I reckon teams will figure us out soon though, and we'll have to make changes:

Van Persie
    Rooney
    Kagawa ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tony V
    Januzaj
    Carrick

(Original post by Louis.)
    Get Nani firing so more goals are coming from the wing, allowing Kagawa to come in behind RVP, whose better passing will help out our weak central midfield :pierre:
    That spell where he kept banging in goals with his left foot :coma: as Harry Redknapp would say in an extremely high pitched voice: "What a talent".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    That spell where he kept banging in goals with his left foot :coma: as Harry Redknapp would say in an extremely high pitched voice: "What a talent".
    A injury free season for Nani and he'll be our player of the year, I'm loving his attitude to stay at the club and fight for a place and think he's trying to make a good impression on the pitch this preseason and off the pitch by saying the right things to get Moyes to play him.

ReputationRep:
    Being linked to Ozil now :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Ozil and Belgian players. Adnan Januzaj could get himself right into the mix of the number 10 discussion if he can keep up his pre-season form, he reminds me a lot of Ozil. Let's play all three in the hole. Through balls galore. I reckon teams will figure us out soon though, and we'll have to make changes:

Van Persie
    Rooney
    Kagawa ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tony V
    Januzaj
    Carrick

Tony V will play in the hole too :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Michael Carrick withdraws from the England squad to face Scotland on Wednesday due to an eye infection. Source BBC

We're in big trouble if he isn't fit for Saturdays match.

ReputationRep:
    We are in big trouble if carrick gets any injury

ReputationRep:
    InB4 Giggs/Cleverley in CM for Swansea

ReputationRep:
    Being linked to Ozil now :rofl:
    Some journalist must be reading TSR:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Carrick had the eye infection in the charity shield match, you can see it in some of the photos. I'd be surprised if he misses the Swansea match because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Cleverley and Anderson bossed the Premier League at the start of the 11/12 season. I don't know how but they did it.

(Original post by rohitbd)
    Some journalist must be reading TSR:eek:
    Smokescreen :coma:

Some of the best news so far this Summer...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-adnan-januzaj

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Moyes is going to be on the panel on ITV for the England game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Apparently Moyes is going to be on the panel on ITV for the England game.
    Yep, and Rooney's starting. Not sure why Moyes is doing this, can't end well, especially with Roy Keane there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Yep, and Rooney's starting. Not sure why Moyes is doing this, can't end well, especially with Roy Keane there.
    He used to do it whilst he was an Everton manager so I guess its something he enjoys.

ReputationRep:
    A good performance from Rooney and foreign clubs may want to bid for him.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.