Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Logic and common sense both go out the window on deadline day. I see a lot of silly **** going down when Chelsea and Arsenal realise they need a striker, City realise they need another centre back and we again realise we need a midfielder after the first two games of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Logic and common sense both go out the window on deadline day. I see a lot of silly **** going down when Chelsea and Arsenal realise they need a striker, City realise they need another centre back and we again realise we need a midfielder after the first two games of the season.
    :lol:
    United management.

All summer: We need a new midfielder.

Start of season: mhey, we're good!

2 weeks later: Damn we need a new midfielder!

ReputationRep:
    You say that as if common sense and logic exist in football.

ReputationRep:
    How come no pre-match presser from Moyes?

Or is it linked with him being at the PL launch yesterday and he did a few interviews there?

I don't understand the Ozil link tbh - he's much more effective as CAM rather than a deep lying midfielder. Moyes didn't rule out another Fabregas bid so still very much in the air in regards to that elusive midfielder. I can't imagine us doing a Chelsea in 2011 and buying a player for a major fee - if it gets to the end of August then I don't think we'll be buying one.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney in the squad then, expect he will play some part against Swansea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Rooney in the squad then, expect he will play some part against Swansea.
    Winner in Moysie Time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Winner in Moysie Time :yep:
    No one and I mean no one will ever take the phrase Fergie time and use it any other way.

If Falcao is in the market I can see us putting a bid in for him if Rooney wants out, though I'm sure Chelsea/Arsenal/Real will prove stiff competition.

ReputationRep:
    So guys what team would you start with tomorrow?

I'd play the following:

De Gea
    Fabio - Vidic - Jones - Evra
    Carrick - Cleverly
    Valencia - Anderson - Welbeck
    RVP

It was a hard one to leave out Kagawa but Anderson looked good in pre-season so went with him. Zaha didn't have a good game against Wigan or with England so I'll have him on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    De Gea
    Carrick - Clevz
    Valencia - Kagawa - Nani
    RVP

Is Rio injured or something?

ReputationRep:
    I would have smalling in there and definetly welbeck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    De Gea
    Carrick - Clevz
    Valencia - Kagawa - Nani
    RVP

I don't think so. Moyes has used Fergie's rotational policy with Vidic and Ferdinand altering one another for each game. Ferdinand and Vidic could both start today though since they've not played for over a week.

Nani's injured still so don't think he'll be involved today maybe Welbeck will play instead of him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    De Gea
    Carrick - Clevz
    Valencia - Kagawa - Nani
    RVP

I'll be suprised if Kagawa starts after flying halfway across the globe and back to play for Japan.

De Gea, Jones, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Welbeck, RVP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I don't think so. Moyes has used Fergie's rotational policy with Vidic and Ferdinand altering one another for each game. Ferdinand and Vidic could both start today though since they've not played for over a week.

Nani's injured still so don't think he'll be involved today maybe Welbeck will play instead of him.
    Yeah but I don't want Welbeck on the wing tbh, he's a striker, if he's going to develop his finishing, he needs to play through the middle.

Same reason I'd rather Jones was kept away from RB position, he's a CB

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I don't want Welbeck on the wing tbh, he's a striker, if he's going to develop his finishing, he needs to play through the middle.

Same reason I'd rather Jones was kept away from RB position, he's a CB
    Yeah I agree but would you have Welbeck play as a striker over Hernandez though? I'd have Hernandez over Welbeck any day. But I think Welbeck will play today.

I've always preferred Jones playing as CB than RB. I'd play him there over Smalling but since Rafael's injured I feel Moyes might play him in the RB position.

ReputationRep:
    De Gea
    Carrick - Cleverly
    Valencia - Anderson - Welbeck
    RVP
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Jones at RB tbh, then one of Evans/Rio at CB if they're both fit. I'd also expect Kagawa to start over Anderson. Otherwise yeah, probably that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Jones at RB tbh, then one of Evans/Rio at CB if they're both fit. I'd also expect Kagawa to start over Anderson. Otherwise yeah, probably that.
    Yep I agree I think Jones will play RB and possibly Rio starting with Vidic. Although I'm not sure with Kagawa yet, it could be Giggs instead as Moyes seems to prefer playing him there.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the scoreline will be?

I'm going with a 2-1 win for us. Swansea taking the lead and us coming from behind to win. I predict Bony will get a goal for them and RVP getting the winner for us.

ReputationRep:
    and us coming from behind to win.
    Let's not get in to that habit again.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't Kondogbia have like a £10mill buy-out clause?

I think if Fellainis clause had actually lasted until August 20th, we'd have signed him, he just won't now because of the embarrassment of paying over his buy-out clause.

To be fair, I think they were aware we needed a midfielder, I just don't trust Woodward as being very good at his job.

I still say Strootman....£15 mill. And we didn't.....WHYYY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Let's not get in to that habit again.
    Lol I hope I'm wrong and they keep a clean sheet but watching them in pre-season United looked shaky at the back so unfortunately I think the trend might continue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.