Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Doesn't Kondogbia have like a £10mill buy-out clause?

I think if Fellainis clause had actually lasted until August 20th, we'd have signed him, he just won't now because of the embarrassment of paying over his buy-out clause.

To be fair, I think they were aware we needed a midfielder, I just don't trust Woodward as being very good at his job.

I still say Strootman....£15 mill. And we didn't.....WHYYY?
    Yeah I've heard he has a clause in his contract around the £8 million mark but he's owned by a third party so it would be complicated to actually get him at that price.

ReputationRep:
    Not use to seeing different backroom staff on the bench. Very weird.

ReputationRep:
    Great win, we draw there last year which makes it seem sweeter but the fact that we had less possession than Swansea was worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Great win, we draw there last year which makes it seem sweeter but the fact that we had less possession than Swansea was worrying.
    one thing we learned under Sir Alex though is that when it comes to possession it's about the quality not the quantity, we had less possession than a lot of the teams we beat last season, but we use the ball that much better than other teams; and we defended well today so that bodes well.

ReputationRep:
    Proving yet again that we have the best attack and defence in the league.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't expect that. As the stats showed, it was a pretty even game. The class up front was what won it for us. Swansea away is a very difficult game, so a scoreline like that is very impressive from any club. Then again, putting Shelvey in your side would severely weaken any team.

ReputationRep:
    Our defence was great today and I'd blame welbeck and cleverly for the goal, but the worrying thing about the possession is that swansea do not use their possession as well as City/Chelsea and when we play the best teams our defence will might find it overwhelming.

A uninterested Rooney got 2 assists in 30 mins, just shows how good the guy is and why we have to keep or ship him abroad, hated how he never went to celebrate.

ReputationRep:

Utter prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    A uninterested Rooney got 2 assists in 30 mins, just shows how good the guy is and why we have to keep or ship him abroad, hated how he never went to celebrate.
    He got caught VERY heavily after he played the pass for Welbecks second, not suprised he didn't celebrate then, he did look rather disinterested after the 3rd though. I think the press will read A LOT more into it than there actually is though.

The game as a whole was okay, there are big problems that need to be fixed, there was lots of space in between midfield and defence which was should have been exploited by Swansea and the team consistently lacked any kind of structure. Basically I think the 4-1 score line was flattering, bordering on deceptive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)

Utter prick
    who got two assists in 30 minutes when not fully fit or motivated...imagine how much better he will play when he is fully fit and gets his head sorted out for us?

ReputationRep:
    Although it is a good win, I feel sad that Kagawa did not feature at all. Poor old Ryan cannot play all the time! Shinji is a class act who we should build a team around him and RVP.

As for Rooney although he is still such a weapon for us, if he is not happy (as shown by his body language) then I would rather sell him abroad quickly, no point keeping an unhappy player when we have a perfectly good replacement as in Kagawa.

ReputationRep:

Valencia leaving confirmed

ReputationRep:
    So what if he's not celebrating with the boys. It's clear he wants to leave and he still came on for the club and put in a top performance considering the circumstances. All I care about is the 3 points.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, rooney got tackled and looked like he wasnt sure if he was hurt a few seconds before welbeck scored.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Utter prick
    There are 7 players celebrating.

ReputationRep:
    Good start for you guys, expected Swansea to put up a stronger fight than just the first half. Looking forward to our clash in 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Swansea looked very promising in those first 30mins until RVP showed his class with a brilliantly taken first goal. Welbeck got himself two goals and gave him a blue print of how he can improve his goal tally which is to get himself in those positions first and to complete the finish. But with Welbeck it seems to be his finishing goes cack when he's one on one or if he's at angle and he seems to balloon the ball over the bar but promising start. An excellent start, just what we needed.

That Rooney picture is from the RVP goal which he made a run which distracted Swansea defenders but he didn't seem over the moon about being out there but still managed to help the team and fitness wise, this will prove beneficial to him. He doesn't look happy tbh but the fans didn't give him a bad reception but next match at home against Chelsea is where it will be the test in regards to how fans perceive him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Match of the Day... well. Kagawa, Zaha and Fabio look a bit different this season :lol:

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't happy but he was still professional to the manager and did a job on the field. Better than doing a Tevez and refusing to come on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Match of the Day... well. Kagawa, Zaha and Fabio look a bit different this season :lol:
    LOL I saw it as well. Had a shocker when I saw Kagawa turned black.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.