Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AXERTYRE)
    Although it is a good win, I feel sad that Kagawa did not feature at all. Poor old Ryan cannot play all the time! Shinji is a class act who we should build a team around him and RVP.

As for Rooney although he is still such a weapon for us, if he is not happy (as shown by his body language) then I would rather sell him abroad quickly, no point keeping an unhappy player when we have a perfectly good replacement as in Kagawa.
    Well it doesn't seem anyone abroad wants him, so it's Stamford Bridge or we keep him - in which case it's stupid to sell.

Plus Kagawas only back from Japan - he'll be playing in the next game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    He wasn't happy but he was still professional to the manager and did a job on the field. Better than doing a Tevez and refusing to come on!
    Well to be honest if I was getting paid £250,000 a week then I wouldn't complain either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Well it doesn't seem anyone abroad wants him, so it's Stamford Bridge or we keep him - in which case it's stupid to sell.

Plus Kagawas only back from Japan - he'll be playing in the next game.
    I think Nani will start ahead of Kagawa against Chelsea, replacing Giggs. The other ten will probably remain unchanged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I think Nani will start ahead of Kagawa against Chelsea, replacing Giggs. The other ten will probably remain unchanged.
    They won't play Cleverley after that gash performance. Kags behind VP and Nani/Welbeck LW. Flip up between the two I'd say. I expect Anderson/Giggs CM instead of Cleverley.

Giggs was substituted - teller sign he'll be playing next game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    They won't play Cleverley after that gash performance. Kags behind VP and Nani/Welbeck LW. Flip up between the two I'd say. I expect Anderson/Giggs CM instead of Cleverley.

Giggs was substituted - teller sign he'll be playing next game.
    There's no way Welbeck will be dropped after that performance. I'd like to see Kagawa in behind Van Persie against Chelsea - don't see it happening though. I think he'll stick by Cleverley for the Chelsea game, seems like him and Carrick is his preferred partnership right now.

ReputationRep:
    Had Anderson shown any sort of intent to win a permanent place in pre-season with performances then he'd have slotted in alongside Carrick. Moyes doesn't have any major options in regards to who plays alongside Carrick so it will be Cleverley (just about) although Ando, if given the responsbility of playing in a big game might be ideal to contain Chelsea's attacking threat abit better than Cleverley.

Kagawa might not get the slot behind RVP as Welbeck played well today but may replace Giggs on the left. But Welbeck could play on the left and he is more defensively aware of his duties so Danny's versatility might be used again for the Monday game.

ReputationRep:
    Good performance from the team. I thought Vidic was immense, great to see him back.
    Cleverley just had a bad day, he'll probably start against Chelsea tbh. I think we'll see the same 11 unless an injury occurs or maybe even a signing.

On the Rooney situation, i think it's great he showed his commitment despite everything. He seems to want the ball and he'll only improve as he gets fitter. I can see him staying till next summer to be honest, unless a foreign team comes in for him.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ding-champions To add fuel to the fire. Got a point though the PL winners did pretty rubbish in europe city fluked it and united had no competition like the 00 season only that the top 4 battlers did better than the season when ****ty won it

ReputationRep:
    It's Mourinho he always comes out with this stuff, best comeback is to point out that Chelsea weren't even close in those last two seasons so if the league winners were poor what does that say about the team he has now that he thinks can win the title?

ReputationRep:
    Utd looked decent cleverly was ****e mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    It's Mourinho he always comes out with this stuff, best comeback is to point out that Chelsea weren't even close in those last two seasons so if the league winners were poor what does that say about the team he has now that he thinks can win the title?
    Tbf yeah but he's still got a point the 04-09 winners were quality who just destroyed opposition in europe and in the league with the league races tighter between 3 teams. The top prem squads has weakened since alonso/mascherano/ronaldo/fab/ left for spain and Chelsea's squad aged too. City didn't really take the liverpool role well in europe either but with a manager who knows how to get pretty weak squads out of the group stages they will be stronger. I think the prem past 3 years has been in transition tbh.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts on the match

- Disappointed not to see Fabio start, but given that it was a difficult away game, I wasn't surprised
    - Vidic proving yet again why he's still one of the best defenders in the world
    - Rio wasn't bad either lol
    - We're ****ed if Carrick gets injured
    - No comment needed really on RVP
    - Brilliant to see Welbeck on the scoresheet, not to mention the class he showed in that 4th goal
    - Rooney looked sharp and on point, shouldn't read too much into his body language. I personally don't think he'll be there come Sept 2nd, but we'll see.
    - Would like to have seen Kagawa given at least 15 minutes or so, but I understand why not.
    - Valencia didn't set the world alight but did a job.
    - Cleverley needs to book his ideas up, he's a good player but when he plays bad, he plays really bad.

Great result, kinda expected a win, after all, we are champions and Moyes is a good manager, the real test will come against real quality opposition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbf yeah but he's still got a point the 04-09 winners were quality who just destroyed opposition in europe and in the league with the league races tighter between 3 teams. The top prem squads has weakened since alonso/mascherano/ronaldo/fab/ left for spain and Chelsea's squad aged too. City didn't really take the liverpool role well in europe either but with a manager who knows how to get pretty weak squads out of the group stages they will be stronger. I think the prem past 3 years has been in transition tbh.
    eh, I think the 2011-2012 season yeah the quality wasn't as good, but I think people really underestimate last years United team, we dominated the league and we would have gone further in the champions league without the Nani sending off against Madrid imo as well.

2010-2011 it took Barcelona to beat us as well, I tend to regard 2011-2012 as a title we lost rather than City won, though doubtless the league itself was weaker that year as well.

wouldn't really argue the league was that weak in 2009-2010 either, was a good title race between us and Chelsea, they just scored too many goals for us to compete with without Ronaldo in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    eh, I think the 2011-2012 season yeah the quality wasn't as good, but I think people really underestimate last years United team, we dominated the league and we would have gone further in the champions league without the Nani sending off against Madrid imo as well.

2010-2011 it took Barcelona to beat us as well, I tend to regard 2011-2012 as a title we lost rather than City won, though doubtless the league itself was weaker that year as well.

wouldn't really argue the league was that weak in 2009-2010 either, was a good title race between us and Chelsea, they just scored too many goals for us to compete with without Ronaldo in the end.
    I agree that united were good last year and you did make madrid work(personally thought that would be the final tbh). I'd say that your 12-13 squad was like Chelsea's 09-10 squad as in they woulda done better in europe but had a strong R16 opponent With 10-11 you didn't really get a challenge in europe(saying this as a Chelsea fan) we'd just sold half our midfield and had a misfiring striker while schalke+marseille weren't quality opposition at all. 09-10 tbf wasn't that weak but I say this as that was the start of the transition with liverpool faltering, arsenal selling their squad to City and you guys selling ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    Utd looked decent cleverly was ****e mind
    We looked effective counteract attackers and our defence was excellent, really concerned what Hazard, Schurrle and Mata will do against our midfield when Pablo Hernandez dominated it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys as Moyes said, he's currently working on a few signings.... would you be pleased if one of the signings was Ross Barkley? especially after the performance he had yesterday? I would

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davidbazzy)
    Guys as Moyes said, he's currently working on a few signings.... would you be pleased if one of the signings was Ross Barkley? especially after the performance he had yesterday? I would
    definitely looks like he has potential, and I suppose given he has worked with Moyes at Everton is a possibility, not sure Everton would want to sell him though.

I think part of the problem for Moyes is finding the right player, there are not many Carrick-like players around right now and a lot of them are not exactly looking to move either, it's a question of finding the right players and bringing them in before the window closes I expect.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ding-champions To add fuel to the fire. Got a point though the PL winners did pretty rubbish in europe city fluked it and united had no competition like the 00 season only that the top 4 battlers did better than the season when ****ty won it
    He has a point, the league was far stronger in the late 00's. All of the traditional ''big four'' have declined since then.

You forgot the 10-11 season where we won the league by default as there was no competition. United won a grand total of 5 away games which was the same as Blackpool who were relegated. Chelsea were **** for most of that season and still finished second with 70 points. That wouldn't have got you 5th last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davidbazzy)
    Yes he reminds me of young Wayne Rooney so if he is coming then I would be delighted.

But I can't help to have the feeling that Moyes will end up signing no one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AXERTYRE)
    Yes he reminds me of young Wayne Rooney so if he is coming then I would be delighted.

But I can't help to have the feeling that Moyes will end up signing no one.
    we will make signings, not a chance he won't sign anyone, he isn't Wenger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.