Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bar a cm you don't need anyone and you can win the league with this team. United always use squad depth and that wins the team titles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Bar a cm you don't need anyone and you can win the league with this team. United always use squad depth and that wins the team titles.
    Aye, pretty much.

Like yesterday though, I'd always argue that United can get results without actually playing that well, and that wins the titles.

ReputationRep:
    We always had players who could bail us out - Rooney partly filled the void after Ronaldo and now we have someone who clearly can just get us a goal. Even after Swansea dominated for 15mins, De Gea took a kick out, Valencia flicked it on and RVP should have scored.

With the exception of Evra (who's offensive contribution are still excellent) we have the best defence in the league, plus one of the best GKs in the league. Added to the fact that Vidics physicality covers for De Geas weakness (coming out and leaving his line from corners/free kicks) then our defence is strong.

If Man United integrated Kag, Chicharito, Rooney and Welbeck along side RVP and kept them happy. Acquired a strong CDM and a playmaker midfielder (say, a Toure-Fabregas, not that we WILL) And added one quality winger we'd be a force tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Aye, pretty much.

Like yesterday though, I'd always argue that United can get results without actually playing that well, and that wins the titles.
    You're the opposite of liverpool who play well and don't get results :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, with a new manager, do you reckon a lot of Man U haters will change their opinion of the club? As there is a bias in the football comunity who thought SAF got special treatment.

Just wondering personally and since you are the supporters it'd be nice to know your opinions.

Also, good game against Swansea yesterday, dreading playing both teams haha (Norwich fan)

ReputationRep:
    ‘Every day I had been at Everton, David Moyes was there and everything I did was based around trying to impress people so they would tell him.
    ‘I owe (Moyes) everything. He brought me on as a player and looked after me when I had broken my leg. I was out for a while with a hernia and a broken foot, too.
    ‘I had tough times but I got there in the end. Now Roberto Martinez has come in and, whatever chances I get, I must take them. These are exciting times for Everton and I want to play whatever role I can.’
    I say we sign him and loan him back for the season, top english talent should always be brought by us even if they're overpriced.

I don't see who Moyes will buy, I think he may go for Modric but Ancelotti/Perez will just reject any bid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WdA04)
    Quick question, with a new manager, do you reckon a lot of Man U haters will change their opinion of the club? As there is a bias in the football comunity who thought SAF got special treatment.

Just wondering personally and since you are the supporters it'd be nice to know your opinions.

Also, good game against Swansea yesterday, dreading playing both teams haha (Norwich fan)
    Nope, will still be haters. Haters gonna hate. Now it will be because it's United rather than SAF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WdA04)

I don't think their opinion has changed at all. I mean the only reason they're hating on Moyes is not because he's a bad manager but because he's managing Manchester United. And they want him to do badly so that Manchester United look bad. So the answer to your question is no a change of manager will only make them hate United more IMO anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Were you guys ever in for Dembele? He's such a beast, think he would have complemented Carrick well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Were you guys ever in for Dembele? He's such a beast, think he would have complemented Carrick well.
    I think there was interest. The fact he would have been awesome its mentioned quite often in here, especially considering how much he cost.

ReputationRep:
    Agree, I am surprised that United never tried Sandro/Dembele - I know Levy's a **** but surely the lure of Champions League would tempt him. Completely agree about Dembele being a beast (£7 million wasn't he bought for)

It staggers me that we haven't even tried considering Moyes wants PL experience

Tottenham are loaded at the minute but still.

ReputationRep:
    I think SAF missed the boat with Dembele last Summer. Now he's with Tottenham, he won't be worth it. Same goes for Sandro. Tbh I don't think either are huge improvements to our midfield, especially considering blending in etc, even if they are more what we need. I think Moyes is only looking to bring in someone that would vastly improve our midfield - I like this policy tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf with dembele he was originally a striker/am and we know what happened with the last guy you tried to change into a central midfielder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ding-champions To add fuel to the fire. Got a point though the PL winners did pretty rubbish in europe city fluked it and united had no competition like the 00 season only that the top 4 battlers did better than the season when ****ty won it
    Everything he said was correct.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona benching Iniesta (and Neymar) to block off United for Cesc :teehee:

Hope they lose 3-0

ReputationRep:
    Barca and Madrid will be much closer this season, Ancellotti isn't going to alienate half the players like Jose did and as a result Real will play much better and I expect them to give Barca a real run for it this season, especially as Barca's defence still isn't fantastic at times, not sure about their new boss either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Barcelona benching Iniesta (and Neymar) to block off United for Cesc :teehee:

Hope they lose 3-0
    I thought the same, but they're destroying Levante.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I thought the same, but they're destroying Levante.
    No worries. £31.5m bid for Iniesta tomorrow afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    Two of our CM targets - Fabregas and Modric - on show this evening. The former impressive, seem to be in more attacking positions and unlucky not to have bagged a goal. Modric starting with Khedira, caught the first half and was satisfactory. Out of the two, I'd want Fabregas (not happening of course) but feel we'd have a better chance of getting Modric (although he probably will stay for another year).

After watching Chelsea's first half performance, no way can we sell Rooney to them. I was sat watching them thinking if only they had Rooney, they would be even more impressive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Two of our CM targets - Fabregas and Modric - on show this evening. The former impressive, seem to be in more attacking positions and unlucky not to have bagged a goal. Modric starting with Khedira, caught the first half and was satisfactory. Out of the two, I'd want Fabregas (not happening of course) but feel we'd have a better chance of getting Modric (although he probably will stay for another year).

After watching Chelsea's first half performance, no way can we sell Rooney to them. I was sat watching them thinking if only they had Rooney, they would be even more impressive!
    None of them seem possible targets but I see why Moyes wants to have a go.

Chelsea were very good 1st half but you have to take into consideration that it was Hull at home and a 2-0 result isn't very impressive to be honest, next monday will show us how good chelsea are this season and how good we are. Lampard and Giggs showing their class in front of the youngsters, and how vital they'll be this season already.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.