Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)

Chelsea were very good 1st half but you have to take into consideration that it was Hull at home and a 2-0 result isn't very impressive to be honest, next monday will show us how good chelsea are this season and how good we are. Lampard and Giggs showing their class in front of the youngsters, and how vital they'll be this season already.
    It's their intent that was the most dangerous. Mourinho seems to be continuing the attacking nature of the team and if Rooney was added to that then we would be handing, potentially, the title to them. Even Lukaku added an attacking threat when he came on.

Giggs shouldn't really be playing against Chelsea - big games are not the ones for him anymore. But if there's no-one else then he'll get the nod. SAF would have played him for sure but maybe Moyes will go down a different route. Considering how Chelsea played today, there isn't going to be need for anyone unable to keep up their tempo. I think they will line up similiar today with maybe Mata coming in for De Bruyne.

ReputationRep:
    None of them seem possible targets but I see why Moyes wants to have a go.

Chelsea were very good 1st half but you have to take into consideration that it was Hull at home and a 2-0 result isn't very impressive to be honest, next monday will show us how good chelsea are this season and how good we are. Lampard and Giggs showing their class in front of the youngsters, and how vital they'll be this season already.
    I think Mourinho prefers to keep a clean sheet than win games by big margins and that was the case today. Someone on the live feed on BBC posted this and it sums up perfectly what Chelsea's plans were:

'Chelsea tactics: spring out the blocks and nick a few early goals, then sit and defend for the rest of the game.. Thrilling...'

So even though it looked like Hull were playing better I'd say Chelsea allowed the pressure to build and defended well. I wouldn't look into this performance too much. I think if they were to be behind they'll bring on their attacking players (who they have of abundance) and still manage to win the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    It's their intent that was the most dangerous. Mourinho seems to be continuing the attacking nature of the team and if Rooney was added to that then we would be handing, potentially, the title to them. Even Lukaku added an attacking threat when he came on.

Giggs shouldn't really be playing against Chelsea - big games are not the ones for him anymore. But if there's no-one else then he'll get the nod. SAF would have played him for sure but maybe Moyes will go down a different route. Considering how Chelsea played today, there isn't going to be need for anyone unable to keep up their tempo. I think they will line up similiar today with maybe Mata coming in for De Bruyne.
    I'm not to sure to be honest, I don't think Chelsea have a better team than us or City, in midfield and the managerial compartment they're very strong but upfront and at back they don't look as good IMO, however Rooney could change that and that is why I trust us not to sell him to Chelsea, I'm surprised they haven't gone in for Ibrahimovic, it seemed like a very Ibra and Chelsea move and when Cavani went PSG I expected the move.

Yep I'd like Kagawa/Rooney instead of Giggs against Chelsea and Nani to get a start in front of Valencia to give us more attacking power, really missed Rafael last game the right wing doesn't seem the same without him dunno when he is back. Giggs could be a great sub however to add a little composure in hot heated games. I expect RVP to get tough treatment from Chelsea in the same way Lewandowski got tough treatment in second leg against Real in the CL and it may give a little more space for the wingers and attacking midfielders and Giggs and Valencia whilst great at assisting are not exactly players that we can rely on for a goal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not to sure to be honest, I don't think Chelsea have a better team than us or City, in midfield and the managerial compartment they're very strong but upfront and at back they don't look as good IMO, however Rooney could change that and that is why I trust us not to sell him to Chelsea, I'm surprised they haven't gone in for Ibrahimovic, it seemed like a very Ibra and Chelsea move and when Cavani went PSG I expected the move.
    I agree, I'm a tad worried about Cahill (and Terry to be honest, but to a less extent) playing against you next Monday to be honest . Luiz always seems to goof around more in Man United games than in other games so he'll be a problem there too. Really the only guy I trust there is Ivanovic atm but he seems to be taking the RB position more this season. So apart from a striker (I too am surprised we didn't go for Ibra), the club does need another CB tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I agree, I'm a tad worried about Cahill (and Terry to be honest, but to a less extent) playing against you next Monday to be honest . Luiz always seems to goof around more in Man United games than in other games so he'll be a problem there too. Really the only guy I trust there is Ivanovic atm but he seems to be taking the RB position more this season. So apart from a striker (I too am surprised we didn't go for Ibra), the club does need another CB tbh.
    Is Azpilicueta injured? Ivanovic is your best centre back imo, I think Robin will have Cahill and Terry on toast with his movement.

ReputationRep:
    Falcao to Chelsea now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Is Azpilicueta injured? Ivanovic is your best centre back imo, I think Robin will have Cahill and Terry on toast with his movement.
    Nah he's fine I think. He was apparently meant to miss this game because of the friendly (went there, but was just a sub). Hope he starts next Monday though with Ivan as one of the CBs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Falcao to Chelsea now?
    They are just rumours, always rumours and just to make up stories. Falcao is staying here, he's happy and his daughter was born here.
    Monaco boss Claudio Ranieri according to sky sports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I think Ivanovic will be played CB, Moyes may play Hernandez & RVP & that may be too much for Terry/Cahill whereas Ivanovic/Luiz for me seem to make a better partnership. Ibra may be the player you make a late attempt to sign if the Torres or Lukaku don't step up early on, him in front of your creative midfield would make you favourites for the title and make you very strong competitors for the CL. With Mata, Oscar, Lampard, Hazard and Schurrle you have 50 goals just from midfield, add a world class striker and it'll be goals galore.

Moyes has a headache to who'll start upfront against Chelsea, RVP & Welbeck are on very good form, Hernandez has an amazing record against Chelsea and if Rooney is benched again it'll make him want to leave even more plus Kagawa will help us keep more of the ball so he may be considered.

ReputationRep:
    http://m.newsletter.co.uk/sport/foot...orld-1-5401200

ReputationRep:
    “I don’t know how many goals he will score this season. A hundred, maybe a thousand! One thing is for sure, he is going to score a lot.”

LOL I wonder how the Arsenal fans would feel if he scored that many goals? Probably have a heart attack!

ReputationRep:
    I think we should play Rooney. If we refuse to play him purely because we don't think he's mentally there Chelsea have really one upped us.

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck is a dead cert to start, and probably through the middle after his performance against Swansea. His work-rate will also be vital. Don't expect to see either Rooney or Shinji in the starting line-up.

ReputationRep:
    I think Ivanovic will be played CB, Moyes may play Hernandez & RVP & that may be too much for Terry/Cahill whereas Ivanovic/Luiz for me seem to make a better partnership. Ibra may be the player you make a late attempt to sign if the Torres or Lukaku don't step up early on, him in front of your creative midfield would make you favourites for the title and make you very strong competitors for the CL. With Mata, Oscar, Lampard, Hazard and Schurrle you have 50 goals just from midfield, add a world class striker and it'll be goals galore.

Moyes has a headache to who'll start upfront against Chelsea, RVP & Welbeck are on very good form, Hernandez has an amazing record against Chelsea and if Rooney is benched again it'll make him want to leave even more plus Kagawa will help us keep more of the ball so he may be considered.
    Yeah that'd be ideal really. We achieved the most clean sheets when Ivan/Luiz were deployed together last season I think so I reckon they'd be the strongest.

Agreed there to be honest but I think he'll go for RVP & Hernandez considering that they've both been good against Chelsea: Or maybe Welbeck will start and Hernandez will be a supersub...? True about Rooney and That Bearded Man makes an interesting point too. Kagawa has been good against Chelsea too though tbh.

Really looking forward to it.

Good start to the season but we lack quality depth

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
      I think Mourinho prefers to keep a clean sheet than win games by big margins and that was the case today. Someone on the live feed on BBC posted this and it sums up perfectly what Chelsea's plans were:

'Chelsea tactics: spring out the blocks and nick a few early goals, then sit and defend for the rest of the game.. Thrilling...'

So even though it looked like Hull were playing better I'd say Chelsea allowed the pressure to build and defended well. I wouldn't look into this performance too much. I think if they were to be behind they'll bring on their attacking players (who they have of abundance) and still manage to win the game.
      I agree with this we just killed the game at 2-0 we didn't really look like we were going to concede in the match and just passed the ball around our defenders or didn't press when they had the ball to keep it at 2-0. I don't doubt the united game will be a good game and we'll be hard pressed to win it.

ReputationRep:
      Everton confirm they rejected a £28mill bid for Fellaini and Baines, joke of an offer from united (No offence but they're not worth £14mill each)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yaboy)
      Everton confirm they rejected a £28mill bid for Fellaini and Baines, joke of an offer from united (No offence but they're not worth £14mill each)
      you think they're worth less? If so, I'd probably have to agree with you. There are more talented continental players we could get for that price. Also, not forgetting Luke Shaw who we could probably get for about £20m

ReputationRep:
      If we had to spend £18m to buy an average Ashley Young, it's not overly surprising to see £14m bids rejected for them.

ReputationRep:
      Why doesn't Moyes bid for Barkley instead of Baines... Ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.