Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bale will not join Real Madrid. If he leaves Spurs this summer he will sign for Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I think Bale deal is done, just hasn't been announced yet to allow Spurs to attract some signings.

Real aren't letting anyone go, Fabregas is over, Everton won't budge unless we year their arm off - I think that's our transfer window done lads.
    I agree it in principle its done, but I don't think there will be any agreement until Spurs either land or agree a switch for a target, if that doesn't happen he won't move. Levy is stubborn enough he'll hold him if he doesn't get what he wants.

I would think Real will let someone go, from defence forward they are loaded to the hilt and not with squad players. They simply have too many good players. They could nearly field 2 different top class 11's. I would think at least one of the CM's and probably one of the AM's would be available for the right price.

ReputationRep:
    We are being linked with a bid of £45 mil to madrid for ozil n kaka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    I can see why Moyes would want to sign Ozil because he needs a top signing and Ozil could be it, but i have no idea why we would go after Kaka?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely don't need Kaka - although signing a Spurs midfielder would definitely be handy.

ReputationRep:
    The £28m bid for Fellaini/Baines isn't a great bid terms of showing your assertiveness and intent in getting a player but you can't stream roll in with a major fee because it you could end up with Everton wanting more. A £35m bid would have seen Everton ask for £40m so it's a starting point for negotiations and pointedly, they didn't say in that statement that neither player was not for sale which would have been a good thing to do to bump up the price. They don't want to lose them but they'll accept a fee that is decent enough for them to replace players with.

Evra had a much better season last year, scored goals, and wasn't highlighted for any major defensive bloopers although they still exist somewhere. Not overly keen on Baines but not against him either; sure we don't rely on crosses but it's another avenue for RVP to score goals and maybe Welbeck to get some headers in but not so much Hernandez. He gives us another option from a set piece. Only thing is when Baines' form dips because it will at some point but you hope, like Evra, that they can compensate for their lack of attacking force with defensive/positioning nous as they get older. Evra won't be too chuffed but it might make him perform even better.

Fellaini is a player I wouldn't mind having over Cleverley atm. Like someone said, he played in that attacking role because there was no-one else. But in a DM position, I worry about his qualities with and without the ball, getting caught up in too many fouls in bad positions defensively and disciplinary record. Maybe Moyes feels he'll be able to improve him in these areas by the standard that is required at a top club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    I can see why Moyes would want to sign Ozil because he needs a top signing and Ozil could be it, but i have no idea why we would go after Kaka?
    Handing us kaka will get him off their wage bill and hes earning alot so thats why they want shot of him. Wouldnt mind him as a back up player

ReputationRep:
    We would never sign Kaka. The guy has a ridiculous salary and we would never pay it.

Ozil also isn't coming here. He is not what we need.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Evra had a very poor season 2011/2012, but last season he was quality and he's started this season well. I think he suits our style better than Baines as well as his passing/linkup play is better. Baines is better at getting down the touchline and crossing, but since we acquired RVP we have moved away from that slightly.
    Don't forget Evra is a huge influence within the dressing room as well - people like him are going to be badly needed when Moyes has his first bad run. Baines is 29 in December, we don't need him especially for the price Everton would want for him. I'd much rather have Coentrao who is available for a similar fee.

(Original post by JM1987)
    If we should be going for anyone from Madrid it's Modric. Not going to happen though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Don't forget Evra is a huge influence within the dressing room as well - people like him are going to be badly needed when Moyes has his first bad run. Baines is 29 in December, we don't need him especially for the price Everton would want for him. I'd much rather have Coentrao who is available for a similar fee.
    Yep, he's our vice captain and a massive influence off the pitch. That would negate any marginal gain we'd get from Baines imo.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather us not buy anyone. Thiago and Illaramendi were the only players that truly excited me. Modric, Ozil and Fabregas all played for their respective teams last night, so that's a good indication that they'll stay. Baines wouldn't be worth signing when we have three good LB's at the moment. Fellaini is an AM, not a CM/DM.

I'd love it if Moyes kept his cheque-book in his pocket and saved it for next summer. Think about it, we could spend 80m+ next year on players we actually want/need. Sounds great to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    I'd rather us not buy anyone. Thiago and Illaramendi were the only players that truly excited me. Modric, Ozil and Fabregas all played for their respective teams last night, so that's a good indication that they'll stay. Baines wouldn't be worth signing when we have three good LB's at the moment. Fellaini is an AM, not a CM/DM.

I'd love it if Moyes kept his cheque-book in his pocket and saved it for next summer. Think about it, we could spend 80m+ next year on players we actually want/need. Sounds great to me.
    I'm starting to agree with this. There is no point just panic buying on mediocre players and would rather just buy someone next summer like Gundogan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)

Fabio isn't too good at the moment imo and Buttner is average.

We only have one good LB and that is Evra.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes and Woodward have been pathetic in this transfer window, and we have unbelievably been more of a joke in the transfer market than we have ever been under Fergie.
    Moyes or Woodward seems to admire Arsenals tactics in the market but they needs to understand they don't work.
    First of all we faffed around Thiago way too long, Thiago says we didn't hold talks but his dad and De Gea might tell us otherwise, we were the only ones who showed interest before the Euro u21 tournament only we were beaten for him after it by Bayern who pounced and took him, but Moyes let it go because he wanted Cesc instead. BUT MOYES/WOODWARD DECIDES TO WAIT TILL THE DAY AFTER THIAGO IS SOLD TO BID FOR CESC WTF thats like Wenger bidding for Hernandez the day after we sell Rooney, and to make matter worse they put in a bid of £25mil for a happy player who cost Barca £30-5mil when he wanted out, we seriously could've made Barca sweat with £35-40mil bid if it was before Thiago's departure. And now we bid £12mil for Baines which seems reasonable but £16mil for Fellani a player the club doesn't want to sell and whose release clause of £22mil just expired, if we wanted Fellani we should've got him for the £22mil, but we went in with a ridiculous bid after. I just cannot believe a manager as experienced as Moyes would make these mistakes and believe that Woodward is of blame. We have been so poor this window so far and have made all of our mistakes public making it even more frustrating that I hope I'm wrong and that this is just a smokescreen.

ReputationRep:
    It's all a big smokescreen for you know who.

Spoiler:
    Show
    7eon Osman

Spoiler:
    Show
    But on a serious note, Moysie and even Woodsie are not silly enough to not know these offers wouldn't be taken seriously. I'm keeping faith in them for now. We'll see in two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    It's all a big smokescreen for you know who.

Spoiler:
    Show
    7eon Osman

Spoiler:
    Show
    But on a serious note, Moysie and even Woodsie are not silly enough to not know these offers wouldn't be taken seriously. I'm keeping faith in them for now. We'll see in two weeks.
    Thats what I thought but lets be honest they put the first bid for Cesc the day after Thiago left, that was extremely stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Thats what I thought but lets be honest they put the first bid for Cesc the day after Thiago left, that was extremely stupid.
    But in a way it makes sense too. Being linked to Thiago all that time and seeing him go to Bayern, then bidding for Cesc (another we were linked to) to tell fans that we never wanted Thiago in the first place, we only wanted the best.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter is saying that Buttner is going on loan to Besiktas for the season.

ReputationRep:
    Buttner was clearly brought in to provide cover, now with Fabio back capable of playing left or right we've got cover, especially if Baines comes in. He's not really good enough, and I don't think he's got much more to give. If we are going to train and gives games to some young guy, at least make sure we've got a chance of a return in the future, like we have with Rafael.

ReputationRep:
    Just watching Sky Sports news again - hilarious

"Manchester United made a £12million bid for Baines in June. They came back today with the same offer."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.