Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    There is definitely going to be unhappy players there. Don't see how they can keep that many players happy. Assuming Ronaldo's spot is untouchable. That leaves 4 midfield places between Modric, Khedira, Ozil, Isco, Di Maria, Kaka, Alonso, Illaramendi, Casemiro. Not to mention if they sign Bale that would presumably leave 3.
    I'd say Di Maria is defiantly leaving if Bale was bought and one of Modric or Khedira will also have to leave but since Khedira said he wanted to stay it seems Modric may be moved on. They'll be looking to recoup some of the money they'll spend on Bale so its a given they will sell some of their players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Are you forgetting that Moyes was Everton manager for 10 years? He knows everything about the club, he knows how much it will take to get them, he knows the financial situation at the club. Moyes is the best person to get the players, even though I don't want either of them.
    My post, should have made it clear, was general reference to the whole transfer window than Everton bids specifically but yeah Moyes was the leader in making sure his players went for big money, e.g. Lescott but there is probably a case of trying to unsettle the players but I can't see either of them really forcing the issue. He's our manager now so he's going to think the best for us than Everton. He's not going to whack in a high bid because he knows the club and or for sentimental reasons, he's going to try and lodge a lower bid to test the waters and start negotiation. Although Everton seem incensed because they felt the Baines bid earlier was a final one which suggests a tad desperation going in for him again at the same price for a position we don't really need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Modric has been starting all pre-season and in the first game of La Liga as the deep-lying playmaker next to Khedira.

Imo, there's only one guy we'd be in for at Real Madrid.
    Is Alonso injured or just not getting picked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Had surgery on his groin.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty commentators during Madrid-Betis game said he was injured but can't forsee him being there for long. Contract expires next year and Illaremendi seems to be his future replacement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Had surgery on his groin.
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Pretty commentators during Madrid-Betis game said he was injured but can't forsee him being there for long. Contract expires next year and Illaremendi seems to be his future replacement.
    Thanks. I was under the impression that Alonso was still in their first XI. If he's injured/being phased out, that changes a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he won't be happy, but I don't see him asking for a transfer after one season. Although, I definitely think United should bid and test the waters. Maybe if we show an actual interest, he'll consider it.
    Exactly a bid to test the waters should be made, but knowing us we'll bid £20mil.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I was under the impression that Alonso was still in their first XI. If he's injured/being phased out, that changes a lot.
    I think hes got one more season before he goes but yeah hes hurt right now its one of the reasons why he wasn't at the Confed cup. Spain missed him badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    It's a weird situation alonso as he's a quality player but age is against his side. I think he'll either go to real sociedad or liverpool if he doesn't get a new contract. Don't see any big club in for him or who needs him that he'd go to(united and arsenal), france if he's in it for the money/CL. napoli are a potential option too but he fell out with benitez..

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jam277;44089861]It's a weird situation alonso as he's a quality player but age is against his side. I think he'll either go to real sociedad or liverpool if he doesn't get a new contract. Don't see any big club in for him or who needs him that he'd go to(united and arsenal), france if he's in it for the money/CL. napoli are a potential option too but he fell out with benitez..[/QUOTE]

Definitely don't blame him for the Benitez falling out that was completely Benetiz's fault and in my mind his biggest mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Signed some 17 year old named Gabriel Fernando, AM, recently refused to sign Scholarship at Man City because he didnt get enough chances, apparently he was highly rated though.

He seems inpatient, and his twitter (https://twitter.com/Gabby_Fernando) is quite shocking. But there ya go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Signed some 17 year old named Gabriel Fernando, AM, recently refused to sign Scholarship at Man City because he didnt get enough chances, apparently he was highly rated though.

He seems inpatient, and his twitter (https://twitter.com/Gabby_Fernando) is quite shocking. But there ya go.
    Seems like the kind of person where if I was on Twitter, I'd never ever follow him.

Moysie will put him straight though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)

Did he get released or did he reject a new contract, remember Veseli, we don't want their rejects.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...2013-08-21.htm

We can forget about signing Modric

ReputationRep:
    Just some little Man Utd news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23778682

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonmonkey812)
    http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...2013-08-21.htm

We can forget about signing Modric

Unfortunately I don't understand Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Unfortunately I don't understand Spanish.
    Alonso has fractured his metatarsal from what I can read. So that's one less midfielder to clog things up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Just some little Man Utd news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23778682
    Good move for him really. I hope he does well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ReputationRep:
    Guardian reporting: Manchester United make a signing! With Apollo Tyres! Where this leaves Anderson's spare is unclear.
    Made me lol, but good to see some business occurring.

ReputationRep:
    "I know Sir Alex Ferguson came out and said Wayne asked for a transfer, but I have spoken to Wayne and he said he never did," Schmeichel told Sky Sports. "He hasn't said he wants to go to Chelsea, Arsenal or anywhere else. I hope United play Wayne against Chelsea on Monday. That will put everything to bed."

Peter Schmeichel - the full article is on the link below:
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/231677.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.