The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JM1987
If we lose januzaj i would go mental.

It seems he's edging closer to a new deal. But may go out on loan? Worth keeping for cup games and if he does well, give him a few games at home against teams when the match is done and dusted.

Powell, I'd like to see to to a PL club on loan rather than Championship. Maybe Everton if we pursue the Fellaini/Baines bid further.
Original post by rohitbd
Apparently we have expressed a desire for Luke Shaw.

**** Baines, Moyes should take whatever money he was going to offer Everton and go for this guy instead. Though he recently signed a long term contract and Southampton are loaded so I can't see any reason why they would sell him. I don't think there is anything in this story at all but he would be a far, far better signing than Baines.
Reply 8762
Original post by JM1987
If we lose januzaj i would go mental.

I think with spurs buying so many players it shows that madrid have attained bale, this could be great for us because madrid will need to sell some players to get some money back. God knows how much they would have spent after getting Bale, Isco and Illarramendi.

Unfortunately if Januzaj would want to go Barca then we wouldn't be able to do much about it, Pogba wanted out and left, City's top youngster Suarez just left Barca, but hopefully Januzaj shows loyalty.
He would get no more minutes at Barca than he would here. Pogba left for first team football and he got that.
Original post by rohitbd
Unfortunately if Januzaj would want to go Barca then we wouldn't be able to do much about it, Pogba wanted out and left, City's top youngster Suarez just left Barca, but hopefully Januzaj shows loyalty.

One of our most promsing, but not the best. He never really stood out in pre-season. Has the attributes to be a quality, quality player but just didn't really cut it here - I have no doubt he'll do well at Barca, though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Bale is done
Original post by Whitechapel
Bale is done

Biggest rip off in world football. The deal includes fabio contraeo as well. If I'm being perfectly honest, I think he'll be a flop at RM. no doubting his quality, but his style of play requires that he's the main man. With the amount of egos in that team, I can only see him being stifled. But 93 million + a world class left back?!?! Beggars belief tbh

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I not seen any official Bale news...BBC reporting that Arsenal are after Benzema and Di Maria though.
Reply 8768
wonder what the bale deal (if it goes through) means for ronaldo.
Original post by SciFiRory
I not seen any official Bale news...BBC reporting that Arsenal are after Benzema and Di Maria though.

Though the fans were heckling the former when he came off the other day, I doubt RM want to sell him. They'd have no strikers left :s-smilie: can see Di Maria happening, but in sure someone will hijack both bids.

Still, Man Utd haven't signed anyone. Moyes bloody do something. Luke shaw and Modric pls.

Original post by Over2you
Though the fans were heckling the former when he came off the other day, I doubt RM want to sell him. They'd have no strikers left :s-smilie: can see Di Maria happening, but in sure someone will hijack both bids.

Still, Man Utd haven't signed anyone. Moyes bloody do something. Luke shaw and Modric pls.

Mardid might sell one or both if they get Bale I guess, and if Arsenal actually have the funds they say they do then it's feasible.

well, I think we probably will get Baines and Fellaini, just a case of how high Everton make us go to get them I expect. as for anyone else like a "marquee" signing, I have no real idea tbh, Ronaldo seems very unlikely as does Bale, not sure if there is any truth in the Luke Shaw or Modric links either.

I'm not panicking though, still like 12 days to go before deadline day, and our squad is pretty strong as it is, just someone to play with Carrick regularly really is needed imo, right now our other midfielder's seem to lack either consistency, fitness or both.
Original post by SciFiRory
Mardid might sell one or both if they get Bale I guess, and if Arsenal actually have the funds they say they do then it's feasible.

well, I think we probably will get Baines and Fellaini, just a case of how high Everton make us go to get them I expect. as for anyone else like a "marquee" signing, I have no real idea tbh, Ronaldo seems very unlikely as does Bale, not sure if there is any truth in the Luke Shaw or Modric links either.

I'm not panicking though, still like 12 days to go before deadline day, and our squad is pretty strong as it is, just someone to play with Carrick regularly really is needed imo, right now our other midfielder's seem to lack either consistency, fitness or both.

Though I don't think we need them I would take Di Maria and benzema. Though I know Di Maria is not a man Utd type player. I think benzema at 25 (proven in both Spain and France) would be a great buy - yh I know very wishful thinking there. I just don't see why we're not raiding that RM team

Chelsea winning yesterday makes the game on Monday, even at this early stage, a game that we must look not to lose considering the games we have coming up in the league. Learnt from the past that once Mourinho's team got in front, they stayed there although this is a different team he has and a different PL to one from 04-07.

Hopefully by Monday, there'll be some positive news on incomings.
Reply 8773
Original post by Aky786UK
Chelsea winning yesterday makes the game on Monday, even at this early stage, a game that we must look not to lose considering the games we have coming up in the league. Learnt from the past that once Mourinho's team got in front, they stayed there although this is a different team he has and a different PL to one from 04-07.

Hopefully by Monday, there'll be some positive news on incomings.

The problem is that Chelsea's current squad is really young. And it may take a while before Jose instills the winning mentality that made his previous teams invincible. Without that winning mentality and experience of regularly grinding out wins, I can't see Chelsea running away with the league title.

On the other hand, Utd have many experienced winners in their squad who have SAF's winning mentality instilled in them. So even if City or Chelsea gain leads over them in the league table, they'll have the mentality to be resilient and fight their way back to the top (e.g. 08/09).

That said, I still don't expect Utd to win the title.
Reply 8774
Original post by tmmd

It'll mean he's still the best player there and will continue playing in his strongest position!
I don't think we even need new signings to secure the PL. Except Ronaldo of course
Reply 8776
If it get to the end of the transfer window and we haven't signed anyone or have signed Fellaini and Baines...

This summer will have being unsuccessful in terms of transfers
Original post by zKlown
If it get to the end of the transfer window and we haven't signed anyone or have signed Fellaini and Baines...

This summer will have being unsuccessful in terms of transfers

but what needs massive improvement?
Reply 8778
Original post by xDave-
It'll mean he's still the best player there and will continue playing in his strongest position!

Yeah but i cant see madrid buying a player for that amount and then playing them out of position.
Original post by tmmd

It means he'll be playing on the same team as Gareth Bale next season.

People seriously expect him to come back? :rolleyes: I love the guy but it's not going to happen.

Latest