Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    "I know Sir Alex Ferguson came out and said Wayne asked for a transfer, but I have spoken to Wayne and he said he never did," Schmeichel told Sky Sports. "He hasn't said he wants to go to Chelsea, Arsenal or anywhere else. I hope United play Wayne against Chelsea on Monday. That will put everything to bed."

Peter Schmeichel - the full article is on the link below:
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/231677.html
    So basically Rooney has realised he isn't getting his move and is in damage limitation mode
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    So basically Rooney has realised he isn't getting his move and is in damage limitation mode
    Seems that way to me. SAF had no reason to lie. Rooney does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Could be! If he didn't want to move then he should have come out and said so the whole saga would have ended but since his kept quiet it only indicates that he wants/wanted the move.

ReputationRep:
    How Rooney can be anyone's favourite player ahead of players like; Giggs, Carrick, Hernandez, Vidic, Evra and Rio is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney's comments on Twitter and Facebook haven't indicated any indication to stay, plus he didn't seem delighted on Saturday, I think he needs to come out and say it himself, but a committed Rooney would be very helpful to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    How Rooney can be anyone's favourite player ahead of players like; Giggs, Carrick, Hernandez, Vidic, Evra and Rio is beyond me.
    Vidic is my favourite player due to his defensive ability as a defender myself I try to learn from him

Nani is one of my favourites as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It seems Rooney and Suarez are both in damage limitation mode, having realised they won't get what they want.

Both men were reported to be throwing in transfer requests few weeks ago but they knew had they done that then the relationship with the fans could have been irretrieveable. I imagine, slowly but surely, the normality will resume as Rooney was pictuered with his wife and the rest of the players at a team bonding dinner few days ago.

Hopefully time can heal any differences and Rooney can put aside any paranoia and emotion about SAF and focus on Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    a bit off topic but :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    Vidic is my favourite player due to his defensive ability as a defender myself I try to learn from him

Nani is one of my favourites as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly the same!

He's more than a player too, just his presence makes the rest of the defence perform better in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...TyF1CzzEETAgFQ

Croation newspaper claiming Modric has told his teammates he doesn't mind a move to United.

Apparently we have expressed a desire for Luke Shaw.

We keep getting linked with Eto and his agent has said Man Utd and Chelsea are leading the race but Inter are also interested.

Barcelona and Juventus have made enquires over Adnan Januzaj.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...TyF1CzzEETAgFQ

Croation newspaper claiming Modric has told his teammates he doesn't mind a move to United.

We keep getting linked with Eto and his agent has said Man Utd and Chelsea are leading the race but Inter are also interested.

Barcelona and Juventus have made enquires over Adnan Januzaj.
    If we lose januzaj i would go mental.

I think with spurs buying so many players it shows that madrid have attained bale, this could be great for us because madrid will need to sell some players to get some money back. God knows how much they would have spent after getting Bale, Isco and Illarramendi.

ReputationRep:
    Bale- £95mil, Isco- £30m and Illarramendi £38mil... jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    It seems he's edging closer to a new deal. But may go out on loan? Worth keeping for cup games and if he does well, give him a few games at home against teams when the match is done and dusted.

Powell, I'd like to see to to a PL club on loan rather than Championship. Maybe Everton if we pursue the Fellaini/Baines bid further.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    **** Baines, Moyes should take whatever money he was going to offer Everton and go for this guy instead. Though he recently signed a long term contract and Southampton are loaded so I can't see any reason why they would sell him. I don't think there is anything in this story at all but he would be a far, far better signing than Baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)

I think with spurs buying so many players it shows that madrid have attained bale, this could be great for us because madrid will need to sell some players to get some money back. God knows how much they would have spent after getting Bale, Isco and Illarramendi.
    Unfortunately if Januzaj would want to go Barca then we wouldn't be able to do much about it, Pogba wanted out and left, City's top youngster Suarez just left Barca, but hopefully Januzaj shows loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    He would get no more minutes at Barca than he would here. Pogba left for first team football and he got that.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately if Januzaj would want to go Barca then we wouldn't be able to do much about it, Pogba wanted out and left, City's top youngster Suarez just left Barca, but hopefully Januzaj shows loyalty.
    One of our most promsing, but not the best. He never really stood out in pre-season. Has the attributes to be a quality, quality player but just didn't really cut it here - I have no doubt he'll do well at Barca, though.

ReputationRep:
    Bale is done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    Bale is done
    Biggest rip off in world football. The deal includes fabio contraeo as well. If I'm being perfectly honest, I think he'll be a flop at RM. no doubting his quality, but his style of play requires that he's the main man. With the amount of egos in that team, I can only see him being stifled. But 93 million + a world class left back?!?! Beggars belief tbh

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I not seen any official Bale news...BBC reporting that Arsenal are after Benzema and Di Maria though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.