Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wonder what the bale deal (if it goes through) means for ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    I not seen any official Bale news...BBC reporting that Arsenal are after Benzema and Di Maria though.
    Though the fans were heckling the former when he came off the other day, I doubt RM want to sell him. They'd have no strikers left can see Di Maria happening, but in sure someone will hijack both bids.

Still, Man Utd haven't signed anyone. Moyes bloody do something. Luke shaw and Modric pls.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over2you)
    Though the fans were heckling the former when he came off the other day, I doubt RM want to sell him. They'd have no strikers left can see Di Maria happening, but in sure someone will hijack both bids.

Still, Man Utd haven't signed anyone. Moyes bloody do something. Luke shaw and Modric pls.

Mardid might sell one or both if they get Bale I guess, and if Arsenal actually have the funds they say they do then it's feasible.

well, I think we probably will get Baines and Fellaini, just a case of how high Everton make us go to get them I expect. as for anyone else like a "marquee" signing, I have no real idea tbh, Ronaldo seems very unlikely as does Bale, not sure if there is any truth in the Luke Shaw or Modric links either.

I'm not panicking though, still like 12 days to go before deadline day, and our squad is pretty strong as it is, just someone to play with Carrick regularly really is needed imo, right now our other midfielder's seem to lack either consistency, fitness or both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Mardid might sell one or both if they get Bale I guess, and if Arsenal actually have the funds they say they do then it's feasible.

well, I think we probably will get Baines and Fellaini, just a case of how high Everton make us go to get them I expect. as for anyone else like a "marquee" signing, I have no real idea tbh, Ronaldo seems very unlikely as does Bale, not sure if there is any truth in the Luke Shaw or Modric links either.

I'm not panicking though, still like 12 days to go before deadline day, and our squad is pretty strong as it is, just someone to play with Carrick regularly really is needed imo, right now our other midfielder's seem to lack either consistency, fitness or both.
    Though I don't think we need them I would take Di Maria and benzema. Though I know Di Maria is not a man Utd type player. I think benzema at 25 (proven in both Spain and France) would be a great buy - yh I know very wishful thinking there. I just don't see why we're not raiding that RM team

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea winning yesterday makes the game on Monday, even at this early stage, a game that we must look not to lose considering the games we have coming up in the league. Learnt from the past that once Mourinho's team got in front, they stayed there although this is a different team he has and a different PL to one from 04-07.

Hopefully by Monday, there'll be some positive news on incomings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Chelsea winning yesterday makes the game on Monday, even at this early stage, a game that we must look not to lose considering the games we have coming up in the league. Learnt from the past that once Mourinho's team got in front, they stayed there although this is a different team he has and a different PL to one from 04-07.

Hopefully by Monday, there'll be some positive news on incomings.
    The problem is that Chelsea's current squad is really young. And it may take a while before Jose instills the winning mentality that made his previous teams invincible. Without that winning mentality and experience of regularly grinding out wins, I can't see Chelsea running away with the league title.

On the other hand, Utd have many experienced winners in their squad who have SAF's winning mentality instilled in them. So even if City or Chelsea gain leads over them in the league table, they'll have the mentality to be resilient and fight their way back to the top (e.g. 08/09).

That said, I still don't expect Utd to win the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmmd)
    It'll mean he's still the best player there and will continue playing in his strongest position!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we even need new signings to secure the PL. Except Ronaldo of course

ReputationRep:
    If it get to the end of the transfer window and we haven't signed anyone or have signed Fellaini and Baines...

This summer will have being unsuccessful in terms of transfers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    If it get to the end of the transfer window and we haven't signed anyone or have signed Fellaini and Baines...

but what needs massive improvement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    It'll mean he's still the best player there and will continue playing in his strongest position!
    Yeah but i cant see madrid buying a player for that amount and then playing them out of position.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmmd)
    It means he'll be playing on the same team as Gareth Bale next season.

People seriously expect him to come back? :rolleyes: I love the guy but it's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    Central midfield. Possibly the wings as well.

Chelsea, City and even Spurs have improved and we're doing nothing. Even Barcelona and Bayern have improved and they're two of the best teams in the world. We are not on that level and should be strengthening our team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmmd)
    Yeah but i cant see madrid buying a player for that amount and then playing them out of position.
    Bale plays RW or CAM now, rarely LW. He's often on the right so he can cut inside and shoot, which is what Ronaldo does on the left.

(Original post by Whitechapel)
    Our squad can probably get through the season fine. But when we play good teams, our midfield will be exposed, just as it was last season. But not only is quality our concern, but quantity too. We've lost Scholes, albeit he didn't play too much last season, which means we only have three natural CMs: Carrick, Cleverley & Anderson. The latter two don't have the best record with injuries, and our replacements there - Giggs and Jones - haven't played regularly either - due to age and injuries respectively. Fletcher isn't back any time soon either. I think it's veeeeeeeeeeeery risky ending the transfer window with only these guys available, we're certain to pick up some injuries.

Anyway we know Moyes agrees CM is an issue; he's bid on Fabregas and Fellaini, so it's not a thought limited to a few random fans.

ReputationRep:
    It's not even just against the good teams. We were outplayed by a few of the middle table teams, too. We generally won, because we have Van Persie.

I remember last season against Southampton at Old Trafford. They played us off the park in the 2nd half. We were lucky to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)

This

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Central midfield. Possibly the wings as well.

Chelsea, City and even Spurs have improved and we're doing nothing. Even Barcelona and Bayern have improved and they're two of the best teams in the world. We are not on that level and should be strengthening our team.
    That's a very very good point. Never really even thought of that. But honestly, what the hell is Moyes doing. Is the market so scarce that the only players we could possibly bid for is Fellani and Baines?! This clown needs to understand that this isn't Everton...average players can fight for 4th, but average players can't win titles (prem + champions league). it's just ******* me off how inactive this guy has been in the window. At least Wenger has tried to sign players, this baffon is just idle, twiddling his thumbs, seeing who he can raid from Everton. Also, let's not forget this is not his United team is any way shape or form. It's still Fergies, so even if he does win something in the first year, I don't think I can truly accredit it to him.

Sorry, rant over

ReputationRep:
    That's a very very good point. Never really even thought of that. But honestly, what the hell is Moyes doing. Is the market so scarce that the only players we could possibly bid for is Fellani and Baines?! This clown needs to understand that this isn't Everton...average players can fight for 4th, but average players can't win titles (prem + champions league). it's just ******* me off how inactive this guy has been in the window. At least Wenger has tried to sign players, this baffon is just idle, twiddling his thumbs, seeing who he can raid from Everton. Also, let's not forget this is not his United team is any way shape or form. It's still Fergies, so even if he does win something in the first year, I don't think I can truly accredit it to him.

Sorry, rant over
    Things happen behind the scenes we never hear about. Perfectly possible we've tried for other players and been unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    It's not even just against the good teams. We were outplayed by a few of the middle table teams, too. We generally won, because we have Van Persie.

I remember last season against Southampton at Old Trafford. They played us off the park in the 2nd half. We were lucky to win.
    well by your logic we are okay then cause we still have RVP

Sorry, rant over
    we tried to sign Fabregas Fellaini and Baines are very good players...Arsenal need a lot more players a lot more than we do remember, they barely got 4th whilst we won the league by 11 points, to compare the two really is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Things happen behind the scenes we never hear about. Perfectly possible we've tried for other players and been unsuccessful.
    Mate, I highly doubt that. Sure we would have heard something from the ever "reliable" Guillem Balague. If it was a high profile signing, we definitely would have heard something. And I think it was clear in our pursuit of Fabregas that we weren't really after someone else seeing as we were so public about it, and have now resorted to bidding for Fellani, who's best position mind you is AM.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.