Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Hopefully not, are you close at all to get a new CB.
    We're about as close to signing a new CB as Arsenal are to Luis Suarez :laugh:

I think they said We're going to focus on a young on in January.... Why January god damn it?!?

ReputationRep:
    why the feck would we need a new CB anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    why the feck would we need a new CB anyway?
    Hes on about Barcelona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Hes on about Barcelona
    ah okay lol, I was confused for a minute CB is one of United's strongest positions atm imo.

ReputationRep:
    ah okay lol, I was confused for a minute CB is one of United's strongest positions atm imo.
    Yeah lol, he was talking about the De Gea rumour so I said no chance Casillas goes to you and you get rid of De Gea to us so he asked about our CB search or lack of one... :laugh:

Definitely one of United's strongest positions.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno if it's been posted already, but the Guardian are reporting this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...eal?CMP=twt_gu

Not a quote in sight, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but i think we need to bring in a young CB in at some point, with ferdinand and vidic both being in their 30's.

ReputationRep:
    Guardian trolling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmmd)
    Yes, but i think we need to bring in a young CB in at some point, with ferdinand and vidic both being in their 30's.
    we have Jones and Smalling mate, and Evans is only 25.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the Guardian is literally pissing around with yous kids minds. Just today I read that Arsenal were contemplating a £46m bid for Karim Benzema and simultaneously **** myself and spat out my cereal, guffawed harder than I have for a long, long time.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  uYwzN.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  11.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Pointless article. Everything is changing at Madrid anyway with the new manager and seemingly Bale's imminent arrival. No reason why Ronaldo would feel the same way in a years time, and he's hardly the kind of player who needs to make advanced plans.

Feeling quite tense about Monday, symbolically it means so much more than 3 points. Think we have a chance for sure, Chelsea still look a bit suspect without the ball in midfield. I think a good shift at either end and we could do it, probably need a good game from Rooney funnily enough to take advantage of the weakness behind the creative brains of Chelsea. Would do wonders for Moyes to get one over on Jose too. Annoying as with another midfielder I put us as solid favourites, but as always its hard to feel certain of a result when you expect to struggle in the middle of the pitch. Chelsea looks like a lot of ideas but not a lot of goals, that could play into our hands with RVP and Vidic looking good. Some good defending a moment of brilliance could be all it takes for to get a draw tbh, but I can't see us not needing to score to get something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    We're about as close to signing a new CB as Arsenal are to Luis Suarez :laugh:

And us signing a new midfielder :laugh:

I think Ronaldo may come back at the end of his career but I just don't see us signing him next season due to him costing too much, every club would be interested and Madrid wouldn't be afraid to run down his contract, I think if Fergie was still manager he would've really pushed for it but Moyes may prefer a cheaper/younger option

ReputationRep:
    we actually re-signed Ronaldo in my dream last night lol he scored and set up 2 goals in a 4-0 win over Chelsea for us, then I had to pack my room up and there was pasta or something, the rest of the dream is fuzzy to me

ReputationRep:
    I think we'll draw tbh. There isn't much difference between the two sides, We have a stronger midfield than you guys, but struggle to control the game from deep, while you have a man in carrick who does that but a weaker overall midfield. Our squad gets goals from midfield a lot and get involved with the play in the middle a lot and both the games it seems like we took our foot off the gas. I'd say that vidic has to start as we have threats in set pieces in cahill, lukaku, terry, ivan and generally you look better with him in the side.

I guess you guys will just have to narrow down and hit us on the counter. Depending on the trio we use that may work. Hazard is certain to start, not sure about mata so we could play schurlle there. You'll probably use valencia to mark out hazard who probably will give rafael a torrid time otherwise and start kagawa probably. Just depends if our defence can handle RVP tbh. I don't think rooney will or should start. Psychologically he won't be in the right mind I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Just posting on here to re-sub. Must've unintentionally unwatched this thread or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Just posting on here to re-sub. Must've unintentionally unwatched this thread or something.
    You can sub and unsub by going to thread tools (above the thread), so you don't need to go through the bother of posting at2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I think we'll draw tbh. There isn't much difference between the two sides, We have a stronger midfield than you guys, but struggle to control the game from deep, while you have a man in carrick who does that but a weaker overall midfield. Our squad gets goals from midfield a lot and get involved with the play in the middle a lot and both the games it seems like we took our foot off the gas. I'd say that vidic has to start as we have threats in set pieces in cahill, lukaku, terry, ivan and generally you look better with him in the side.

I guess you guys will just have to narrow down and hit us on the counter. Depending on the trio we use that may work. Hazard is certain to start, not sure about mata so we could play schurlle there. You'll probably use valencia to mark out hazard who probably will give rafael a torrid time otherwise and start kagawa probably. Just depends if our defence can handle RVP tbh. I don't think rooney will or should start. Psychologically he won't be in the right mind I feel.
    Rafa is injured still so it will be Jones starting at RB i'd imagine.

ReputationRep:

I think we'll win to be honest, although it will be close. Our defence is much better and RVP is going to pulverise your defence. I'd be very shocked if you could keep him quiet.

Our midfield shouldn't suffer too much as Valencia, Rooney and Welbeck will all work hard defensively. Plus, Welbeck and Valencia offer us speed on the wings.

I completely disagree with your last two sentences. There is be no better time to play Rooney for 90 minutes. It would show that he has no intention of going to Chelsea and that he is a United player. It would kill the rumours. He is also the perfect player for a game like this. He will come back and help the midfield, then join in with going forward. There is no doubt that he can link up with RVP better than anybody. Kagawa hasn't done anything with the chances he has been given, so he will have to sit on the bench for this game I think.

I hope this is our starting line-up.

De Gea
    Jones Ferdinand Vidic Evra
    Carrick Giggs
    Valencia Rooney Welbeck
    RVP

ReputationRep:
    hazard who probably will give rafael a torrid time otherwise and start kagawa probably. Just depends if our defence can handle RVP tbh. I don't think rooney will or should start. Psychologically he won't be in the right mind I feel.
    Rafael is still out, he's a non starter. More likely he'll be up against Jones, which is even more worrying tbh. I think Rafael would have handled Hazard just fine, but Jones probably not so much, although he will give us height at set pieces.

I'd play Rooney for sure, probably start him. As he showed when he came on before, he's fine in terms of play. Not playing him would not help the issue, and him banging one in to win against Chelsea would probably be the best way to put it to bed.

I'd agree with the above bar Giggs, you can't just leave Carrick to track the runs of the attacking trio and Giggs won't do it. I'd prefer to put Cleverly in there, he can hassle and get scrappy if need be. Don't what Giggs brings to that line up than a lack of mobility.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.