Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    I think we'll win to be honest, although it will be close. Our defence is much better and RVP is going to pulverise your defence. I'd be very shocked if you could keep him quiet.

Our midfield shouldn't suffer too much as Valencia, Rooney and Welbeck will all work hard defensively. Plus, Welbeck and Valencia offer us speed on the wings.

I hope this is our starting line-up.

De Gea
    Jones Ferdinand Vidic Evra
    Carrick Giggs
    Valencia Rooney Welbeck
    RVP
    I wouldn't say your defence is much better than ours tbh, we could upgrade on cahill yes, but terry has been pretty good so far this season and pre-season, him being on the bench under benitez affected his form but I'd think that he'll restrict RVP. I think it'll be ivan and terry with azpilicueta which isn't that bad of a defence.

With that line up the lack of mobility in CM would be exploited badly, mata and hazard would pass you lot around with ease, clev or anderson should start. I guess wrt rooney, to quash the rumours he'll be starting, and his record and performances against us are pretty good. I remember the 1-0 at stamford bridge when him and carrick were just springing long passes with ease, but a problem with him is that when he's unhappy he's in poor form(end of last season and after the world cup when he wanted a new contract). In that sense I'd put kagawa in with welbeck, not to mention that it's a better counterattacking threat.

There's not much between the teams, so I see a low scoring draw

ReputationRep:
    Giggs should never start at CM. If Sir Alex was still here, I'd be seriously concerned that he would do it, but I don't think Moyes played Giggs at CM in pre-season, so I hope it continues that way. I think Cleverley will play.

The only uncertain position is the #10 spot. It could go to Rooney, Giggs or Kagawa.

ReputationRep:
    Upset coming for Cardiff?!? :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    City are sorely missing Kompany and Nastasic, but even with them I think they'll struggle a bit. I'm not a big fan of Clichy or Zabaleta, and Hart has looked iffy since last season too. I think the Newcastle game paved over a few cracks, but City have to go into the transfer market before it ends. I don't think they even have two fit centrebacks.

ReputationRep:
    CARDIFF

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How'd they get 6 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    How'd they get 6 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was thinking the exact same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Was thinking the exact same thing.
    Doesn't matter! Frazier Cambell :adore:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just got home from work and well, I wasn't expecting that score to say the least. Great result for Cardiff that, even funnier that an ex red Frazier Campbell has won them the game. Come on you Bluebirds! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well in by Cardiff.

Can see City throwing money around again before the window ends.

ReputationRep:
    Mission completed by Agent Campbell!

ReputationRep:
    Fernandino = Cleverly

Doesn't provide much at all and defiantly not worth the £30 million they paid for him. I'd have Paulino over him any day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Just got home from work and well, I wasn't expecting that score to say the least. Great result for Cardiff that, even funnier that an ex red Frazier Campbell has won them the game. Come on you Bluebirds! :awesome:
    Red dragons

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are City in crisis?

ReputationRep:
    Giggs shouldn't be starting tomorrow but the side on the previous page is what I'd expect. Cleverley, despite his weaknesses, should start although an on form Anderson would be ideal but meh, what's the chances of that happening any time soon.

Rooney to start would be a headline move but just depends on his fitness for me. He played 20mins or so last weekend and played excellently for his first game but maybe we could start him behind RVP and take off if the game is in a comfortable position for us or it's edging to a draw with Kagawa coming on.

RVP will give Terry and Cahill problems, no doubt. His movement for the Welbeck goal last weekend show that and Terry isn't the player he was in the first Mourinho spell so will be a tough night. Lukaka will probably start but luckily Vidic/Ferdinand, our experienced defenders will be able to keep him under control. The first 20 minutes should be intriguing as to how both teams intend to play in the match.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Are City in crisis?
    Just imagine what would have happened if United had lost that game today. The media would have a field day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Just imagine what would have happened if United had lost that game today. The media would have a field day.
    They will probably make more of it if we lose to Chelsea. City losing to Cardiff will be a poor performance, United losing to Chelsea will be an indictment of Moyes managerial capability for the rest of his life. I would imagine there are a host of journalists pre drafting pieces on how a 2-1 loss means Moyes isn't the man to lead United and whether this one game is evidence of his inability to ever win. With City the worst will be a statement about the team, the media are lining up, like they were when De Gea first came to find a shred of evidence which supports a sensationalist theory.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho may have said he wouldn't make a bid but he's doing all he can to unsettle Rooney with his latest comments and undermine Moyes. I'm not buying this politeness JM is giving out for Moyes because underneath, there is serious mind-games at work. I hope Moyes is ready to stand up to it and not create a cosy relationship with him that SAF did.

ReputationRep:
    According to the ever reliable 'sky sources', Tottenham have received more than one offer for Bale. Oh if only Tottenham accepted a bid of 50m + young..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might be Psg?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.