Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's anybody.

Levy probably wants more and Madrid won't budge. Spurs leak that more clubs are interested to turn Madrid's hand.

ReputationRep:
    Levy most probably reacting to RM already selling Bale's shirt with this leak. Could see Monaco being the one and that's it rally.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping we don't start Rooney he could put in a lack
    Of effort not to piss Chelsea off.ets just play kagawa we just aren't giving him enough game time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I don't think it's anybody.

Levy probably wants more and Madrid won't budge. Spurs leak that more clubs are interested to turn Madrid's hand.
    It all seemed to be going too smoothly with Levy and RM with an imminent deal set to be announced. He's just trying to force Madrid, probably, to pay more cash up front.

The pitch at OT looks in pristine condition, excellent setting for a game of football but will suit Chelsea's style of play, if they want to replicate last Sunday's half hour against Hull but will be tougher with our defensive team.

I'm hoping Torres gets the nod for tonight but more than likely Lukaku will start, which I would think JM would do as he seems to be more promising than the strikers they've got. We'll have to be wary as he'll try to be Drogba like, holding up and creating space but he seems to have more pace about him aswell so will try to run the channels also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Levy most probably reacting to RM already selling Bale's shirt with this leak. Could see Monaco being the one and that's it rally.
    Not sure about Monaco. I heard they're having some tax issues and that's why Falcao might be leaving?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Not sure about Monaco. I heard they're having some tax issues and that's why Falcao might be leaving?
    Monaco's tax issues revolve around there being no tax. The French FA recently said that Monaco will have to move its offices to France, and thus fall under French tax laws, if they want to play in the French divisions. It's going to court soon though, so we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is. But, for this season at least, Monaco are allowed to pay 0% tax. Whether that will stop them buying players, idk. This situation has been known for some time, and that hasn't stopped them buying up to this point.

ReputationRep:
    if man u dont win today. shame on you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Monaco's tax issues revolve around there being no tax. The French FA recently said that Monaco will have to move its offices to France, and thus fall under French tax laws, if they want to play in the French divisions. It's going to court soon though, so we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is. But, for this season at least, Monaco are allowed to pay 0% tax. Whether that will stop them buying players, idk. This situation has been known for some time, and that hasn't stopped them buying up to this point.
    If that's the case then I can see why some of them would be unhappy going from 0% tax to 75%

ReputationRep:
    This situation has been known for some time, and that hasn't stopped them buying up to this point.
    They will probably get some special deal where contracts or sales before the ruling are exempt from taxation.

If I was Levy I'd hold Madrid for every dime. If he refused to sell Bale now, Madrid would look so stupid after selling the shirts.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's line up is interesting. Jose clearly doesn't like Mata, or any of his strikers. Schurrle isn't great up top, and well, Mata is Mata. De Bruyne is a very good replacement, but still. I fancy our chances after seeing that team, even fancy a cleansheet. We'll see though, only takes one mistake.

ReputationRep:
    stage is set for Rooney tonight...

ReputationRep:
    What kind of a reception do you think Rooney is gonna get?

I think a good one since he got a good one at Swansea but then again its at home and he didn't get a good reception when he came back 3 years ago when his contract saga was going on.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's line up is interesting. Jose clearly doesn't like Mata, or any of his strikers. Schurrle isn't great up top, and well, Mata is Mata. De Bruyne is a very good replacement, but still. I fancy our chances after seeing that team, even fancy a cleansheet. We'll see though, only takes one mistake.
    How is that clear at all? It's one game and Mata, Torres and Lukaku are all on the bench...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    How is that clear at all? It's one game and Mata, Torres and Lukaku are all on the bench...
    Because Mata is one of the best, if not the best, players at Chelsea, and he's been on the bench for 2 of their 3 games despite being perfectly fit? He probably only got to start that other game because it was a midweek game. Plus he'd rather start Schurrle, who at best is a supporting striker, over all three of his actual strikers? Couple that with the fact he's been desperately trying to bring in Rooney, and it says a lot about his opinions on his squad.

ReputationRep:
    Because Mata is one of the best, if not the best, players at Chelsea, and he's been on the bench for 2 of their 3 games despite being perfectly fit? He probably only got to start that other game because it was a midweek game. Plus he'd rather start Schurrle, who at best is a supporting striker, over all three of his actual strikers? Couple that with the fact he's been desperately trying to bring in Rooney, and it says a lot about his opinions on his squad.
    He's not perfectly fit. Barely featured in preseason due to the confed. cup, he started against Villa on Wednesday and was playing nowhere near his best; currently Oscar/KDB have performed better than Mata in preseason/last few games and warrant a start above him. As for the part in bold, that is complete conjecture. Moses hasn't even been on the team sheet since preseason, why isn't it clear Mourinho doesn't like him?

Schurrle starting up front is a weird one though, but I'm sure Mourinho has his reasons. Doesn't mean Lukaku/Torres can't come off the bench.

ReputationRep:
    come on United, good result for our first home game under Moyes please!

ReputationRep:
    We have a game vs bayern on friday so he's saving him for that game, Mata isn't match fit, he barely played in pre-season, got injured early on and putting him in for a game such as this which counts a lot for the title race when he's clearly unfit and played like 60 games last season isn't going to do us any favours in the long run.

Making a mountain out of a molehill. Lukaku featured in every one of the games so far as an impact sub, He clearly rates him, he wants to get rooney in, but like I said it's psychological pressure over this game, it's no surprise that he went so public about rooney, yet he said he wanted bale at real but didn't go public over him at the club as they were not going to face each other in a competition any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    This is what Mourinho said when asked the following:

When asked if Mata could go to United as part of the Rooney deal, Mourinho said: "That's hypothetical, because they didn't ask."

He could have easily said he's not going anywhere cause he's important in his plans but he didn't which shows that there is a chance that he could be leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)

When asked if Mata could go to United as part of the Rooney deal, Mourinho said: "That's hypothetical, because they didn't ask."

He could have easily said he's not going anywhere cause he's important in his plans but he didn't which shows that there is a chance that he could be leaving.
    Mata hasnt started tonight yet as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)

He's said we won't sell Mata several times in interviews...one slightly open ended answer and "he could be leaving". :rolleyes:

Grasping at straws.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.