Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    He's said we won't sell Mata several times in interviews...one slightly open ended answer and "he could be leaving". :rolleyes:

Grasping at straws.
    Sell does not equal swap.

I don't think it's happening either though tbh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    He's said we won't sell Mata several times in interviews...one slightly open ended answer and "he could be leaving". :rolleyes:

Grasping at straws.
    Why would I be 'Grasping at straws'? I couldn't care less if he stayed or went as long as he's on the bench every time United play I'll be happy.

P.S It seems like you're a big fan of his and are afraid that he could be leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Why would I be 'Grasping at straws'? I couldn't care less if he stayed or went as long as he's on the bench every time United play I'll be happy.

P.S It seems like you're a big fan of his and are afraid that he could be leaving.
    No idea why, but you along with many others seem to be scouring for the slightest hint Mata might be leaving whilst ignoring all the evidence to suggest he's not.

ReputationRep:
    "It is United's first goalless draw at home in the league since 16 May 2009, a run of 76 matches with a goal comes to an end - at David Moyes's first attempt." - pure desperation from the BBC to find a negative to throw at us and Moyes after that game.

good point against a good Chelsea side, shame we lacked the cutting edge going forward or we might have pinched a win, Rooney was very impressive for us I thought so that's a big positive as well.

ReputationRep:
    Best i've seen Valencia in a long time, Rooney showing why it would be an abysmal decision to sell him. Though i'm still disappointed to see Kagawa rotting on the bench..

ReputationRep:
    Awful game to watch. Very negative performance by Chelsea which didn't leave us with any opportunities to attack, not that we looked remotely potent in any of our build ups. Young did more than Valencia in about two minutes on the pitch, so it'll be nice to have him back next week. Desperate for Rafael to come back, Phil Jones just is not capable of doing the attacking work a RB needs to. Could've had a pen for the handball by Lampard, but I'd call that ball to hand. Overall I don't think 0-0 is a bad result really, I'd have taken it before the game.

#FreeShinji gathering some pace on Twitter, wonder how much he'll feature this season.

(Original post by Stopmessing)
    Best i've seen Valencia in a long time
    Really? I thought Valencia offered very little in attack. He beat Cole once or twice, but I don't recall that producing a half-decent cross. Maybe I'm wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    No idea why, but you along with many others seem to be scouring for the slightest hint Mata might be leaving whilst ignoring all the evidence to suggest he's not.
    So even though there's numerous evidence that Rooney is going to be staying at United. Why do Chelsea fans think that they can still get him?

I think everyone is basically listening to what the media have to say and Mata as well as Rooney according to the media are not first team players so are more likely to be sold on by their clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Boring match, Mourinho set up very defensively and we struggled to really create anything. Defensively we did well, feeling pretty confident for the scousers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Best i've seen Valencia in a long time, Rooney showing why it would be an abysmal decision to sell him. Though i'm still disappointed to see Kagawa rotting on the bench..
    I thought Young was better with his end product and looked more lively than Valencia did even though he only came on for half an hour. After that performance I want to see Young starting against Liverpool next week.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are lucky their 'impact' sub was Torres. The guy is bloody awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Awful game to watch. Very negative performance by Chelsea which didn't leave us with any opportunities to attack, not that we looked remotely potent in any of our build ups. Young did more than Valencia in about two minutes on the pitch, so it'll be nice to have him back next week. Desperate for Rafael to come back, Phil Jones just is not capable of doing the attacking work a RB needs to. Could've had a pen for the handball by Lampard, but I'd call that ball to hand. Overall I don't think 0-0 is a bad result really, I'd have taken it before the game.

#FreeShinji gathering some pace on Twitter, wonder how much he'll feature this season.

Really? I thought Valencia offered very little in attack. He beat Cole once or twice, but I don't recall that producing a half-decent cross. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    Tbh he rarely does offer anything in attack but he did a good job for us today on the right. His crossing was poor but he at least was more direct.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad with the point to be honest. I thought we may have lost this game because of our midfield but we weren't to bad in that department. Still think we need a midfielder though.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing. United should really be breaking down lesser teams who park the bus. Good performances all round although the gulf in class between the two sides was obvious.

Moyes outmanoeuvring Maureen tactically.

ReputationRep:
    Can see Kagawa heading back to Dortmund if he has another inconsistent season this year. If Rooney stays think it'll be difficult for him as he can't play in his best position. Also re Rooney, a cynical view could be that he was just being professional tonight, or that he wanted to show Mourinho how good he was so that he'd push even harder to sign him. Either way still think it'll be a shocking decision selling him, he still has a lot to offer.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said thought it would be a low goalscoring draw. Disappointed we didn't try to win the match, but it's better than us losing to you guys, both teams should gain confidence from this result anyway and it was a fair result as you guys were poor attacking wise and same for us in attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    You guys are lucky their 'impact' sub was Torres. The guy is bloody awful.
    2 out of the 3 Mourinho subs were defensive Azpilicueta for Hazard and Mikel for Schurrle. Seemed content with a point from the beginning with no front men. With the players they've got they could have won the game.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised that Chelsea were so negative with all of those creative attacking midfelders in the team. I guess I've just forgotten how Mourinho lines up in big matches. We played a decent game, but with zero ideas when it came to breaking down Chelsea. Valencia was good in defence and bailed out Jones a few times in the first half, but his attacking play was poor. Even Young put in some decent crosses when he came on.

It would have been a great game to bring Kagawa on, but it probably wasn't happening with Rooney on the field. I also thought Cleverley had a very good game. Best game from him in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    2 out of the 3 Mourinho subs were defensive Azpilicueta for Hazard and Mikel for Schurrle. Seemed content with a point from the beginning with no front men. With the players they've got they could have won the game.
    Azpilicueta came on in the final minute presumably to waste time. Mikel was a likewise decision. I could Utd scoring to be honest in the final minutes there so it was understandable they did not want to take risks. 1 point is better than 0 points, their attack was not all that, i could not see an end product in them when they brought Torres on. Even though Evra was leaving the back exposed as per usual.

ReputationRep:
    Also, have to say I thought Carrick and Cleverley were very impressive in midfield today. Not too many silly balls given away, lots of interceptions and good passing. I know Chelsea didn't really put up much of a fight, but they did press us high up the pitch sometimes and those two seemed comfortable in possession. Cleverley maybe was a bit negative with his passing, but I think that was due to Chelsea's relentless defending. Interesting to see if they can keep that up, or well, if Cleverley can keep that up. Quite comforting considering our predicted midfield woes, though I'd still like at least another squad player in the midfield as we don't have enough mids.

ReputationRep:
    4 points from our 2 games so far. I would have taken that when the fixtures came out. Plus two clean sheets at Old Trafford so impressed with our defensive display especially with Vidic and Ferdinand, hopefully they can stay fit though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.