Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    You guys are lucky their 'impact' sub was Torres. The guy is bloody awful.
    They were lucky IMO that we didn't have Hernandez and Nani on the bench, both would've added pace and creativity.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes basically just said we were in for Bale

ReputationRep:
    Cleverly, Carrick and Rooney were great tonight but if I had to dig at Rooney he went for a couple of selfish shots when he should've took the pass to RVP.
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    That's mean a winger would have to leave as Zaha and Bale would cause a lot of competition, plus is he worth it?

ReputationRep:
    What did he say? Would seem like a non starter. We won't match Madrid for money, and Spurs would have to suffer the indignity of having Bale score against them twice a season. I wonder what edge we feel we have the deal, unless Bale is getting cold feet about life in Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    What did he say? Would seem like a non starter. We won't match Madrid for money, and Spurs would have to suffer the indignity of having Bale score against them twice a season. I wonder what edge we feel we have the deal, unless Bale is getting cold feet about life in Spain.
    When asked about Bale he said something about United always being in for the best players and continually looking to improve the team, then something about the owners making available whatever he needed to do that. Then when asked to clarify he refused to.

(Original post by rohitbd)

That's mean a winger would have to leave as Zaha and Bale would cause a lot of competition, plus is he worth it?
    He's not worth £80m+ no, I very much doubt we will have offered even close to that anyway so our chances of getting him are slim to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Obvs Bale would be amazing, but, ignoring every other factor in the situation, he seems to prefer to play on the right or through the centre these days, positions we already have lots of people in. Doesn't seem like he fills a hole that we need filling. But obviously he's better than what we have now.

ReputationRep:
    Bale would be fantastic, because we don't have any direct wingers. Well, we do, but Nani doesn't get played. It's not happening, because Levy won't sell in this league and Man United doesn't pay that much money for players.

ReputationRep:
    I think Rooney may have just used Chelsea in a similar way Cesc used us, I think he wanted to show to the club/fans that RVP is not the only star at United and that if we don't appreciate him he'll be off, his performance wasn't his best but he showed a lot of fight and determination, something which IMO was lacking from him in the second half of last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    I think Rooney may have just used Chelsea in a similar way Cesc used us, I think he wanted to show to the club/fans that RVP is not the only star at United and that if we don't appreciate him he'll be off, his performance wasn't his best but he showed a lot of fight and determination, something which IMO was lacking from him in the second half of last season.
    He can't expect to be always played and be appreciated when he puts in some of the performances he did last season. If he continues to play like he did today, nobody would ever question him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    We'd have to match or beat Real Madrid's offer which isn't going to happen, and even if it did I can't see why Levy would want to deal with us again after Berbatov. There is more chance of Djemba Djemba coming back than Bale joining.

ReputationRep:
    That number 7 shirt does need filling..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We'd have to match or beat Real Madrid's offer which isn't going to happen, and even if it did I can't see why Levy would want to deal with us again after Berbatov. There is more chance of Djemba Djemba coming back than Bale joining.
    I'd quite like Djemba Djemba back, if he plays as he did for those 20 minutes on his debut.

ReputationRep:
    I am surprised with all the negative comments there have been about tonight's match, as tonight, that was the best performance i have seen them do for a long while, and the confidence and pace at which they were passing was brilliant.

Yes, the final finish never came, but as soon as we got into their half, Chelsea practically had 10 men behind the ball.

From the match;

- Rooney proved a point to fans, Moyes and RVP that he is no 'secondary striker'
    - Phil Jones is a useless full back, kept seeing him break down on the wing
    - Defense seems to be holding up
    - RVP is sublime (his touches and ability to hold the ball was brilliant)
    - We lack an attacking midfielder (Carrick and cleverly did well, but nether really pushed at Chelsea)

I am happy with the point.

ReputationRep:
    Biggest plus from the game was that it seems like Cleverly has learned a bit of positional discipline. Didn't see any overly ambitious/stupid runs from deep without the ball today. Just played along side Carrick, kept the ball ticking over and made sure we were never too exposed.

ReputationRep:
    Valencia, defensively, did his job whilst his all too familiar issues going forward continue, i.e. struggling to take his man on, lack of confidence. Jones at RB isn't the best, just not great with crossing and has to rely on his power but made some decent tackles towards the end of the first half.

Rooney is a great example of behaviour whilst undergoing transfer speculation on the pitch; showed effort like last week but you can tell abit he's still abit behind in terms of real sharpness and fitness. I would have liked Kagawa to come on but I fear Rooney will get the slot for Liverpool.

Just have to take this game for what it was, poor but a valuable point.

Now let's see how the transfer window develops.

I was stunned Moyes was open about Bale but I think he was teasing us, getting us excited and he has confirmed at the post match presser that they haven't made a bid. So it looks like it will Fellaini/Baines or just the former.

ReputationRep:
    Rooneys great to have in big games, good to see that. CM was good but changes nothing in the signings we need, at least 2 more good CM's are needed for depth and improvement.
    Moyes refused to say no on Bale but I think he'd say nothing regardless of our position on him so means nothing. Chelsea defended with so many behind the ball and we weren't willing to take the risk either, whole match really.

ReputationRep:
    Think Moyes made the awful decision of not playing kagawa, think he has made a few blunders so far

ReputationRep:
    Kagawa is wasted on the bench, he really is.

Dortmund's and the Bundesliga's best player in 11/12 season not even getting games?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, would have really liked to see Kagawa play. He messed a few chances in one game and Moyes has benched him since.

ReputationRep:
    I think Moyes chooses to play Giggs rather than Kagawa. But then again Giggs played on the left in Welbecks position when he came on. I'd rather see Kagawa play in Rooneys position to be honest which is his favoured position. It's a difficult situation nevertheless.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.