ReputationRep:
    Dippers in the LC should be a good match
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Swindon
    What a surprise... :rolleyes:

On a lighter note, City will be in pot 3. A Barca, PSG, City, Napoli group would do quite nicely!

Pot one: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Pot two: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus.

Pot three: Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen.

Pot four: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    Great. Liverpool. It's strange how we always get the rubbish draw.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for;

United
    Donetsk/Schalke/Marseille/Moscow
    Olympiakos/Leverkusen/Zenit/Ajax/Basel/
    Copenhagen/Anderlecht/Bucharest/Plzen/Austria Vienna

ReputationRep:
    Four days of the transfer market left with Tom Zinedine Zidane Cleverley still in our best 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Four days of the transfer market left with Tom Zinedine Zidane Cleverley still in our best 11
    beat a very good Swansea team away 4-1, outplayed and could have beaten a Chelsea side the media and many fans spent the summer ****ing off to, but sure we are ****ed :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to remember this post number for when Cleverley bosses the CL final against Bayern/Madrid/Barca.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I'd rather have a disciplined Cleverley next to Carrick than a £25m afro. Most other names we've been linked with are hardly an improvement on Clevs too. Cesc is the only midfielder that would have been a worthy upgrade in that position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What? I didn't think the draw would be made until half 10 :lolwut:

Let me guess Chelsea will be at home to a L1/L2 team.
    Usually that's the FA cup, league cup we get prem or championship teams usually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    beat a very good Swansea team away 4-1, outplayed and could have beaten a Chelsea side the media and many fans spent the summer ****ing off to, but sure we are ****ed :rolleyes:
    A Swansea where our finishing got us through it, we actually werent that good for the most part, especially in midfield for large portions of the game.

A Chelsea who were uncharacteristically poor and playing a new line-up .. and Chelseas midfield isnt the scary part of their team anyway. A Chelsea who managed to shut us out and were happy to play defensive and play on the counter.. and our midfield offered zero creativity to help. Somehow getting a draw when we should have won is a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    A Swansea where our finishing got us through it, we actually werent that good for the most part, especially in midfield for large portions of the game.

A Chelsea who were uncharacteristically poor and playing a new line-up .. and Chelseas midfield isnt the scary part of their team anyway. A Chelsea who managed to shut us out and were happy to play defensive and play on the counter.. and our midfield offered zero creativity to help. Somehow getting a draw when we should have won is a good thing?
    Cleverely had an off game but that just shows how good the team is that we can win that well despite not playing our best, surely you can't argue that is anything other than a good omen for this side?

pfft, a Chelsea team who despite all their spending and creative talent couldn't do more than hit long range efforts straight to De Gea...we only didn't win imo cause we lacked a bit of cutting edge up front but that will come with time, a draw against Chelsea is something most in the media and many fans didn't think we had a prayer of yet we nearly beat them, I think that shows how good we are not otherwse tbh.

I think people are just looking for negatives too much with us this season, we have probably the best CB options in the league, the best young keeper in the league, the best strike force in the league, Carrick who is arguably the best CM in the league, Rafael the best young RB in Europe...not to mention the prospects of Zaha, Jones, Smalling, Januzaj, Powell, Lingaard, Wellbeck...

yes I think another CM would improve us (if it's the right player who can be creative and stay fit) and maybe some competition on the wings if Valencia/Young don't improve this year, but Zaha I think can help with the latter and I still expect us to sign the former.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly it kills me to keep seeing Kagawa on the bench and cleverley starting. I appreciate the positions are not quite the same and i'm not saying take one off for the other... It's time kagawa built his position and his partnership with RVP and Welbeck (if he learns to shoot)

In other news, please don't waste money on baines... Quality player but totally uneccesary. If we are, get fellaini in, top player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rags113)
    Honestly it kills me to keep seeing Kagawa on the bench and cleverley starting. I appreciate the positions are not quite the same and i'm not saying take one off for the other... It's time kagawa built his position and his partnership with RVP and Welbeck (if he learns to shoot)

In other news, please don't waste money on baines... Quality player but totally uneccesary. If we are, get fellaini in, top player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kagawa clearly isn't fit or on form if Moyes isn't playing him, seriously people need to stop thinking they know better than the manager who watches these players in training every day whereas they just see what they want to see on a match day.

Baines is probably a better option long term than Evra, I mean I can imagine we may even play Baines as a makeshift LM which I think he would do well as too. I think he would be a good addition, I expect we will get him and Fellaini by the deadline, maybe another CM as well.

ReputationRep:
    Not saying I know the job better than the manager... Kagawa has not played much since he joined us, barely a run. He was a top player in the bundesliga and I see no reason why he cannot be in our league. I'd love to see him play q few games at least.

I see your point as LM. All of our wing options are atrocious. Rather play Zaha then Valencia who has lost his form, or Nani... Where to begin with Nani...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not saying I know the job better than the manager... Kagawa has not played much since he joined us, barely a run. He was a top player in the bundesliga and I see no reason why he cannot be in our league. I'd love to see him play q few games at least.

I see your point as LM. All of our wing options are atrocious. Rather play Zaha then Valencia who has lost his form, or Nani... Where to begin with Nani...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well the first part is just not true, before his injury he was eased into the first team by Sir Alex and after the injury he played quite a lot as well (he started several games and scored several goals even!), I agree he can be a top player for us, but I think if Moyes isn't playing him then he will have a reason, I mean, to an extent I think the whole Rooney thing hasn't helped because the pressure was on him to pick Wayne so that ruled out Kagawa playing in that role in the first two games to an extent anyway.

Young I thought was good in his first season with us, but last year he looked unfit and off form for us so unless he can get back to his best I can't see him staying with the club longer term, Valencia hopefully will find form again back at number 25, I mean 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 he was pretty good for us. Zaha I think will be a very good player. Nani, well if he stays and can find form then again I think he can be good, I think a lot of the problem for us is the injury problems our wingers and CM's have had of late which really hasn't helped their form, I imagine the players who can get fit and on form will stay and the ones that can't will leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    well the first part is just not true, before his injury he was eased into the first team by Sir Alex and after the injury he played quite a lot as well (he started several games and scored several goals even!), I agree he can be a top player for us, but I think if Moyes isn't playing him then he will have a reason, I mean, to an extent I think the whole Rooney thing hasn't helped because the pressure was on him to pick Wayne so that ruled out Kagawa playing in that role in the first two games to an extent anyway.

Young I thought was good in his first season with us, but last year he looked unfit and off form for us so unless he can get back to his best I can't see him staying with the club longer term, Valencia hopefully will find form again back at number 25, I mean 2009-2010 and 2011-2012 he was pretty good for us. Zaha I think will be a very good player. Nani, well if he stays and can find form then again I think he can be good, I think a lot of the problem for us is the injury problems our wingers and CM's have had of late which really hasn't helped their form, I imagine the players who can get fit and on form will stay and the ones that can't will leave.
    As I posted i realised rooney had to be played which leaves kagawa on the bench. Kagawa scored lots of goals in single games. I understand your idea of believing the manager and having faith... But I dont have much faith in Moyes YET. The man knocked my confidence by thinking he could even hope of signing Fabregas and his poor dealing with the press. As a coach, i'm sure he is top notch, though.

I have no hope for Nani. He had never looked decent for more than 3 games. He's got all that potential and a brain the size of a walnut. We shouldve shipped him off, nothing but a liability. Valencia was a top player but is a mere shadow of what he once was. It's getting so predictable and repetitive with him. Young... I like him and I always defend him. But he has done basically nothing apart from the arsenal goals...

As far as the transfer market goes, we could do with a CM. Fellaini would be good, but at the same time we can win the title with the current team too.

Imagine if Rio and Vidic stay fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As I posted i realised rooney had to be played which leaves kagawa on the bench. Kagawa scored lots of goals in single games. I understand your idea of believing the manager and having faith... But I dont have much faith in Moyes YET. The man knocked my confidence by thinking he could even hope of signing Fabregas and his poor dealing with the press. As a coach, i'm sure he is top notch, though.

I have no hope for Nani. He had never looked decent for more than 3 games. He's got all that potential and a brain the size of a walnut. We shouldve shipped him off, nothing but a liability. Valencia was a top player but is a mere shadow of what he once was. It's getting so predictable and repetitive with him. Young... I like him and I always defend him. But he has done basically nothing apart from the arsenal goals...

As far as the transfer market goes, we could do with a CM. Fellaini would be good, but at the same time we can win the title with the current team too.

Imagine if Rio and Vidic stay fit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the Fabregas deal we clearly had some inclination that he might have joined or we wouldn't have bid tbf. shame we didn't get him but no point dwelling on that forever. I actually think he's done well with the press myself but there you go.

agreed, a CM is definitely the main target if we are buying but improving other areas is never bad either imo.

best CB pairing in the league, possibly even in Europe still, if they both stay fit we will have a very very good season!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to say, but Fabregas was NEVER going to happen. He didn't play much last season, but that's nothing. Might as well have bid for iniesta and xavi! It's as ridiculous add the papers saying arsenal will get ozil/Di maria/benzene. Competent unrealistic transfers. English clubs aren't as desirable destination as continental clubs.

He messed up when he suggested rooney will be played when RVP gets injured. And he made himself look a **** for criticising Martinez for not agreeing our pittance bid for baines and fellaini. I'd rather he didn't speak to the press i'd that's how he deals with things.

I wouldn't say the best in Europe, not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to say, but Fabregas was NEVER going to happen. He didn't play much last season, but that's nothing. Might as well have bid for iniesta and xavi! It's as ridiculous add the papers saying arsenal will get ozil/Di maria/benzene. Competent unrealistic transfers. English clubs aren't as desirable destination as continental clubs.

He messed up when he suggested rooney will be played when RVP gets injured. And he made himself look a **** for criticising Martinez for not agreeing our pittance bid for baines and fellaini. I'd rather he didn't speak to the press i'd that's how he deals with things.

I wouldn't say the best in Europe, not at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rolleyes: come on, no way we would have bid if there wasn't at least a suggestion it could happen.

that's not even what he said if you listen to the full press conference, he said it was one role of many that Rooney could play...no he didn't, it was a reasonable bid the crap was on Martinez side as he is a mug if he thinks that Everton wouldn't accept a bid not that much higher for them, it's empty posturing from Everton cause they don't want to lose their best players.

who's better than a fit and on form Vidic and Ferdinand then?

ReputationRep:
    AM i really seeing this , u guys actually rate cleverly , dont get it twisted he is only there because he is english , he doesnt have one major attribuwhich can scare the opposition , imagine him in the Cl against the likes of dortmont or real .. WHAT MIDFIELD WILL BE DOMINATE?? ... I seriously prefer Anderson at the least ( ignoring his physical problems) Yes we did win convincingly but thats because our attack was on point not our midfield we were run down for long periods if u watched the match.

Am i the only one who thinks that Kagawa is underrated and is being slightly mistreated ?? If u actually put urself in his shoes he now knows he isnt going to play in his fav postion AMC as rooney is staying and moyes seems to think wellbeck / valencia /young are better than him in the wing position ?? If we had a big CF who scored headers then maybe good wingers for crosses but we need more crativity & movement and that is what Kagawa brings ??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.