Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo McSwaggins)
    Just like when you had Benfica and Basel?
    Yeah, I know. Sir Alex liked to change the team around in some of the easier ties. It backfired. I don't think Moyes will. If we play the best XI, I'm confident that this team can top that group.

(Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Juventus' CEO has claimed Nani has signed a contract extension with us. A little strange that they are revealing it before us, but there you go.
    So the club has done one thing right this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Lol three good games and you want him in? No thanks.
    Ramsey will have a break out season- it was season 13/14 that he became an 84 overall for me on fifa, and thats 1 better than Kagawa and 3 better than Carrick

ReputationRep:
    Our group is looking good, i feel optimistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmicrosoft)
    Ramsey will have a break out season- it was season 13/14 that he became an 84 overall for me on fifa, and thats 1 better than Kagawa and 3 better than Carrick
    Oh.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon we should top the group quite easily if Moyes sticks to the proven players/tactics and doesn't try and 'try new things' just because the group isn't full of difficult games. I feel sorry for Celtic man however, I hope they cause an upset in a few of their games like last season.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's Ander Herrera's turn to do the rounds tonight

ReputationRep:
    Have no idea about Bayer but watch out for the others.

Shahktar should be a bit easier than last year. Their key players Henrikh Mk, Fernandinho and Willian, who have all coincidentally left (they caused us so many problems last year) and their replacements aren't as good (yet -- they're very promising). Nonetheless, they're still a strong team and Bernard and Wellington nem might cause a bit of problems down the flanks (to Evra more so). They've got a solid record at home as well so it'll be pretty difficult to win there. However this Fernando guy is already looking just as good as Fernandinho.

Sociedad have been doing great both home and away so far as well so they're a threat as well.

Have to make sure you win your home games. They're really important!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    From a press conference I think, loads of italian media are reporting it

http://www.spaziojuve.it/2013/marott...-ha-rinnovato/

http://www.calciomercato.it/news/233...Kondogbia.html

Marotta (Juventus CEO): “Nani to Juventus? Rubbish. Nani extended his contract with #MUFC & we never negotiated for him."
    Does he know anything about our deals with Fellani or Baines?

Not taking it to be true until its on our site, we always get ****ed around in the sagas.

ReputationRep:
    Not long till this painful transfer window ends. If we sign Fellani and Herrera would be great

ReputationRep:
    In a way it could a blessing that we have the majority of the harder games so early. Means we can rotate and keep our back 4 etc fit because all the matches will be tricky

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Oh.
    He does it on every thread. Just poor trolling. 4/10

ReputationRep:
    I still cry myself to sleep after SAF retirement:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodalala)
    I still cry myself to sleep after SAF retirement:bawling:
    I still don't wanna believe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everton reject Baines and Fellaini bid of £36 million

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...llaini-everton

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Fellaini.html

ReputationRep:
    £36m for Fellaini and Baines. I'd be surprised they returned with a joint bid and go further than that. Probably target the former. But with Baines saying he wants Everton to agree a deal might be the carrot for us to return for him.

Everton aren't going to budge easily so it won't be a major surprise if neither transfer happens.

Excellent news, if true, about Nani's extension to his deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    £36m for Fellaini and Baines. I'd be surprised they returned with a joint bid and go further than that. Probably target the former. But with Baines saying he wants Everton to agree a deal might be the carrot for us to return for him.

Everton aren't going to budge easily so it won't be a major surprise if neither transfer happens.

Excellent news, if true, about Nani's extension to his deal.
    Currently I think Fellaini looks the most likeliest as Everton can easily find a quality replacement for him in the coming days. But Baines would be harder to replace and so its up to United to bid higher or give up on their chase. I'd go as far as £40 million and if that's rejected forget it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Currently I think Fellaini looks the most likeliest as Everton can easily find a quality replacement for him in the coming days. But Baines would be harder to replace and so its up to United to bid higher or give up on their chase. I'd go as far as £40 million and if that's rejected forget it.
    £40m would meet Everton's valuation of Baines (£20m) but not Fellaini. I think they'd want about £25m for him which again is infuriating considering his clause was less than that a month or so ago! We might go to £38m but if they turn that down then they'll probably go back and offer £25m for Fellaini and get him instead of Baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    £40m would meet Everton's valuation of Baines (£20m) but not Fellaini. I think they'd want about £25m for him which again is infuriating considering his clause was less than that a month or so ago! We might go to £38m but if they turn that down then they'll probably go back and offer £25m for Fellaini and get him instead of Baines.
    Not to sure about the £38 million though. How do you think the £36 million current bid is split? I'd say £22 million Fellaini and £14 million Baines so from that if we were to bid around the £40 million mark (25:15) it should be excepted. £38 million wouldn't make a massive difference unless they added a few million bonuses on top of that to entice them. Although it looks like Moyes wants both the players since Buttner looks like he's on his way out.

ReputationRep:
    £36m is the right amount for the pair.

Moyes is setting it up for a bid on Deadline Day that Everton can't refuse, I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Would still more than happy if we only added fellaini. Evra is in good form and its good if he plays. Baines is a top player but i'm not sure how it'd work with 4 players for one position.

However central midfield could do with a player like fellaini.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.