The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9120
Original post by Doodalala
I still cry myself to sleep after SAF retirement:bawling:

I still don't wanna believe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£36m for Fellaini and Baines. I'd be surprised they returned with a joint bid and go further than that. Probably target the former. But with Baines saying he wants Everton to agree a deal might be the carrot for us to return for him.

Everton aren't going to budge easily so it won't be a major surprise if neither transfer happens.

Excellent news, if true, about Nani's extension to his deal.
Original post by Aky786UK
£36m for Fellaini and Baines. I'd be surprised they returned with a joint bid and go further than that. Probably target the former. But with Baines saying he wants Everton to agree a deal might be the carrot for us to return for him.

Everton aren't going to budge easily so it won't be a major surprise if neither transfer happens.

Excellent news, if true, about Nani's extension to his deal.

Currently I think Fellaini looks the most likeliest as Everton can easily find a quality replacement for him in the coming days. But Baines would be harder to replace and so its up to United to bid higher or give up on their chase. I'd go as far as £40 million and if that's rejected forget it.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Currently I think Fellaini looks the most likeliest as Everton can easily find a quality replacement for him in the coming days. But Baines would be harder to replace and so its up to United to bid higher or give up on their chase. I'd go as far as £40 million and if that's rejected forget it.

£40m would meet Everton's valuation of Baines (£20m) but not Fellaini. I think they'd want about £25m for him which again is infuriating considering his clause was less than that a month or so ago! We might go to £38m but if they turn that down then they'll probably go back and offer £25m for Fellaini and get him instead of Baines.
Original post by Aky786UK
£40m would meet Everton's valuation of Baines (£20m) but not Fellaini. I think they'd want about £25m for him which again is infuriating considering his clause was less than that a month or so ago! We might go to £38m but if they turn that down then they'll probably go back and offer £25m for Fellaini and get him instead of Baines.

Not to sure about the £38 million though. How do you think the £36 million current bid is split? I'd say £22 million Fellaini and £14 million Baines so from that if we were to bid around the £40 million mark (25:15) it should be excepted. £38 million wouldn't make a massive difference unless they added a few million bonuses on top of that to entice them. Although it looks like Moyes wants both the players since Buttner looks like he's on his way out.
£36m is the right amount for the pair.

Moyes is setting it up for a bid on Deadline Day that Everton can't refuse, I reckon.
Reply 9127
Would still more than happy if we only added fellaini. Evra is in good form and its good if he plays. Baines is a top player but i'm not sure how it'd work with 4 players for one position.

However central midfield could do with a player like fellaini.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who thinks it's worth spending £45m on Fellaini and Baines must be stupid.

Would you rather not wait until January/Next summer and spend that £45m on a world-class CM?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
£36m is the right amount for the pair.

Moyes is setting it up for a bid on Deadline Day that Everton can't refuse, I reckon.

he should just get fellaini tbh, I really don't get the need for baines.
Original post by jam277
he should just get fellaini tbh, I really don't get the need for baines.

Baines does seem like the kind of guy that could go on for a long time, and from what I've heard, Moyes rates Baines extremely high. Feels like Moyes is looking for a bargain on the pair, otherwise he would have at least set off Fellaini's £23m buy-out clause before pre-season.
01 Sep Barclays Premier League Liverpool A
14 Sep Barclays Premier League Crystal Palace H
17 Sep UEFA Champions League Bayer Leverkusen H
22 Sep Barclays Premier League Manchester City A
TBC Capital One Cup Liverpool H TBC
28 Sep Barclays Premier League West Bromwich Albion H

02 Oct UEFA Champions League Shakhtar Donetsk A
05 Oct Barclays Premier League Sunderland A
19 Oct Barclays Premier League Southampton H
23 Oct UEFA Champions League Real Sociedad H
26 Oct Barclays Premier League Stoke City H
30 Oct Capital One Cup League Cup fourth round

02 Nov Barclays Premier League Fulham A
05 Nov UEFA Champions League Real Sociedad A
10 Nov Barclays Premier League Arsenal H
24 Nov Barclays Premier League Cardiff City A
27 Nov UEFA Champions League Bayer Leverkusen A TBC
30 Nov Barclays Premier League Tottenham Hotspur A

03 Dec Barclays Premier League Everton H
07 Dec Barclays Premier League Newcastle United H
10 Dec UEFA Champions League Shakhtar Donetsk H
14 Dec Barclays Premier League Aston Villa A
18 Dec Capital One Cup League Cup fifth round
21 Dec Barclays Premier League West Ham United H
26 Dec Barclays Premier League Hull City A
28 Dec Barclays Premier League Norwich City A

Big month in November, we have Arsenal home and Tottenham away after two away champions league games. Happy to see the group, could have been worse, like Arsenal's :tongue: hahah hoping this somehow forces Moyes to sign somebody instead of getting an easy group, we will need to play well to top the group.
Reply 9132
Looks like another season with no new input into midfield, god do we even have any money to spend?
Reply 9134
Original post by JM1987
Looks like another season with no new input into midfield, god do we even have any money to spend?

I think Moyes has around £80m to spend but i would rather he didn't buy, than just panic buy.
I think we will probably get Baines/Fellaini before the deadline, but I can't see us bringing anyone else in right now, I would be fairly happy with that though.
Reply 9136
We've had a bid rejected for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera apparently
Original post by Sami'
We've had a bid rejected for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera apparently

Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sami'

Yeah I've heard that too but if there's any substance to that story is yet to be seen. Andy Mitten on Twitter has said he's been in contact with his agent but to read the article you have to subscribe. Which is annoying since he's quite reliable.

Latest