Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who thinks it's worth spending £45m on Fellaini and Baines must be stupid.

Would you rather not wait until January/Next summer and spend that £45m on a world-class CM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    £36m is the right amount for the pair.

Moyes is setting it up for a bid on Deadline Day that Everton can't refuse, I reckon.
    he should just get fellaini tbh, I really don't get the need for baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    he should just get fellaini tbh, I really don't get the need for baines.
    Baines does seem like the kind of guy that could go on for a long time, and from what I've heard, Moyes rates Baines extremely high. Feels like Moyes is looking for a bargain on the pair, otherwise he would have at least set off Fellaini's £23m buy-out clause before pre-season.

ReputationRep:
    01 Sep Barclays Premier League Liverpool A
    14 Sep Barclays Premier League Crystal Palace H
    17 Sep UEFA Champions League Bayer Leverkusen H
    22 Sep Barclays Premier League Manchester City A
    TBC Capital One Cup Liverpool H TBC
    28 Sep Barclays Premier League West Bromwich Albion H

02 Oct UEFA Champions League Shakhtar Donetsk A
    05 Oct Barclays Premier League Sunderland A
    19 Oct Barclays Premier League Southampton H
    23 Oct UEFA Champions League Real Sociedad H
    26 Oct Barclays Premier League Stoke City H
    30 Oct Capital One Cup League Cup fourth round

02 Nov Barclays Premier League Fulham A
    05 Nov UEFA Champions League Real Sociedad A
    10 Nov Barclays Premier League Arsenal H
    24 Nov Barclays Premier League Cardiff City A
    27 Nov UEFA Champions League Bayer Leverkusen A TBC
    30 Nov Barclays Premier League Tottenham Hotspur A

03 Dec Barclays Premier League Everton H
    07 Dec Barclays Premier League Newcastle United H
    10 Dec UEFA Champions League Shakhtar Donetsk H
    14 Dec Barclays Premier League Aston Villa A
    18 Dec Capital One Cup League Cup fifth round
    21 Dec Barclays Premier League West Ham United H
    26 Dec Barclays Premier League Hull City A
    28 Dec Barclays Premier League Norwich City A

Big month in November, we have Arsenal home and Tottenham away after two away champions league games. Happy to see the group, could have been worse, like Arsenal's hahah hoping this somehow forces Moyes to sign somebody instead of getting an easy group, we will need to play well to top the group.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like another season with no new input into midfield, god do we even have any money to spend?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    Looks like another season with no new input into midfield, god do we even have any money to spend?
    I think Moyes has around £80m to spend but i would rather he didn't buy, than just panic buy.

ReputationRep:
    I think we will probably get Baines/Fellaini before the deadline, but I can't see us bringing anyone else in right now, I would be fairly happy with that though.

ReputationRep:
    We've had a bid rejected for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    We've had a bid rejected for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera apparently
    Yeah I've heard that too but if there's any substance to that story is yet to be seen. Andy Mitten on Twitter has said he's been in contact with his agent but to read the article you have to subscribe. Which is annoying since he's quite reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...-and-go-all-ou

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe that. Herrera is nothing special at all, wouldn't expect to pay anything more than 10-15 for him, so United bidding as much as they bid for Fabregas seems unlikely.

I just want the window to close now, all we're being linked to are bad deals.

Apparently Buttner is joining Besiktas on loan http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=5096

EDIT:

Seems the Bilbao president has just confirmed we've bid a whopping €30m for Herrera... Said he wants us to pay the full clause.

Woodward apparently spotted at an airport according to Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Some people will see Herrera as a panic buy but I think he looks pretty decent. He played well when we played Bilbao a couple of years ago and he is only 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I don't believe that. Herrera is nothing special at all, wouldn't expect to pay anything more than 10-15 for him, so United bidding as much as they bid for Fabregas seems unlikely.

I just want the window to close now, all we're being linked to are bad deals.

Apparently Buttner is joining Besiktas on loan http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=5096

EDIT:

Seems the Bilbao president has just confirmed we've bid a whopping €30m for Hererra... Said he wants us to pay the full clause.

Woodward apparently spotted at an airport according to Twitter.
    To be honest in the current market paying around the £30 million to acquire him isn't such a bad deal especially as we really need someone who can play the defensive midfielder role. But if we're gonna go all out to buy him then why bid for Fellaini? Doesn't make any sense. We've got Rooney and Kagawa fighting for the attacking midfielders/behind the striker position. So where will Fellaini exactly play? The only reason I thought we're going for Fellaini was that Moyes might play him as a DM but that doesn't seem to be the case if we're after Hererra now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    To be honest in the current market paying around the £30 million to acquire him isn't such a bad deal especially as we really need someone who can play the defensive midfielder role. But if we're gonna go all out to buy him then why bid for Fellaini? Doesn't make any sense. We've got Rooney and Kagawa fighting for the attacking midfielders/behind the striker position. So where will Fellaini exactly play? The only reason I thought we're going for Fellaini was that Moyes might play him as a DM but that doesn't seem to be the case if we're after Hererra now.
    Herrera isn't a DM, and he's not really a CM. He generally plays quite far forward in the midfield, sort of inbetween where you'd find Cleverley and Kagawa. I'd class him as an AM. He can and has played further back, though. But that's another million pound midfielder we're going to play out of position/bench. I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Herrera isn't a DM, and he's not really a CM. He generally plays quite far forward in the midfield, sort of inbetween where you'd find Cleverley and Kagawa. I'd class him as an AM. He can and has played further back, though.
    But do we really need a AM right now? Fellaini presumably will play the DM role and Herrera in front of him. It doesn't quite make sense though, Kagawa and Rooney will have to play out wide which I'm not convinced about. I rather we don't go for this guy in that case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    x
    Heard about this. *****.

ReputationRep:
    Go for one of the Benders?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sky sports saying we are closer to the Fellaini deal which may mean we have given up on Baines.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.