Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rooney's always getting 'injured' when we play Liverpool...potential bonus of missing some international games too.

ReputationRep:
    Opportunity beckons for Kag if Rooney's out. If he played, I can't envisage him playing well because hardly had much game-time but on other hand, might not faze him and he'll be ready to prove his worth.

I'm expecting the same side as Monday with Rooney possibly out. Valencia, in the first half, defensively, was sound and he'll be needed to keep an eye on Coutinho.

ReputationRep:
    If Rooney is injured, Giggs will start.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping Kagawa will start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Fletcher is out for? If he does come back and play a deeper role he could be very useful for us especially against the big teams where he plays his heart out.

ReputationRep:
    If Giggs plays, based on his performance at Chelsea, it will be a very hard game for MU
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver060)
    Does anyone know how long Fletcher is out for? If he does come back and play a deeper role he could be very useful for us especially against the big teams where he plays his heart out.
    I can't see him ever coming back in all honesty. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    really want a win today.

if Rooney isn't fit then hopefully Kagawa comes in, be good to see him get some game time.

ReputationRep:
    FWIW, Herrera only made the bench for Bilbao today.

I think Giggs and even Young would be more likely to start then Kagawa, if Rooney is injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    FWIW, Herrera only made the bench for Bilbao today.

I think Giggs and even Young would be more likely to start then Kagawa, if Rooney is injured.
    didn't come on either, Madrid 3-0 up and Athletic have used all subs.

edit: my mate is a **** sending me the wrong line up on a message, ****ing prick

De Gea

Jones, Fedinand, Vidic, Evra

Carrick, Cleverley

Young, Giggs, Wellbeck

Van Persie

ReputationRep:
    Kagawa's not even on the bench. Not sure how he's become less fit since he was at the last match. Giggs it is then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Kagawa's not even on the bench. Not sure how he's become less fit since he was at the last match. Giggs it is then...
    I would guess he probably is injured/unfit tbh.

Giggs is a good player still, really don't get the hate from some fans, him, Wellbeck and Van Persie are a great attacking line up imo.

ReputationRep:
    Giggs is 39 years old ffs

ReputationRep:
    Giggs is going to have lods more game time under moyes that he would have under fergie, even if we bring someone in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Giggs is 39 years old ffs
    given Giggs contribution/ability still for us, I don't really see how that means he shouldn't get games whilst he's fit and the manager thinks he's up to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Giggs is going to have lods more game time under moyes that he would have under fergie, even if we bring someone in
    Giggs got loads of game time under Sir Alex as well. He plays over 30 games a year every season.

It's no surprise to see him still getting picked.

ReputationRep:
    Kagawa, Nani and Rooney are the only midfielders that excite me at United, but it looks like Moyes sees Kagawa as a second striker/winger than a midfielder

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Giggs got loads of game time under Sir Alex as well. He plays over 30 games a year every season.

It's no surprise to see him still getting picked.
    well, who do you think knows better? Sir Alex and Moyes or some fans on the internet who won't be happy lest we sign every CM we are linked with every window?

I know who I trust tbh...especially given that despite the Giggs haters, we won the league 2 of the last 3 seasons with him being picked frequently despite his age...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    given Giggs contribution/ability still for us, I don't really see how that means he shouldn't get games whilst he's fit and the manager thinks he's up to it?
    I actually do quite like Giggs and think he's a useful player, it's just for a game against Liverpool I'd rather it was Nani, Valencia or Kagawa (if he was fit which he would be had he started games this season instead of Giggs).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    well, who do you think knows better? Sir Alex and Moyes or some fans on the internet who won't be happy lest we sign every CM we are linked with every window?

I know who I trust tbh...especially given that despite the Giggs haters, we won the league 2 of the last 3 seasons with him being picked frequently despite his age...
    We're still able to win with Giggs in the side. It doesn't mean that it should still happen. He gives the ball away a lot and in games like this, it could cost us.

I also don't hate Giggs. The guy is a legend. I just don't think he should start against Liverpool away.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.