Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I actually do quite like Giggs and think he's a useful player, it's just for a game against Liverpool I'd rather it was Nani, Valencia or Kagawa (if he was fit which he would be had he started games this season instead of Giggs).
    Nani is just back form injury tbf, Valencia was pretty poor against Chelsea as well (whereas Young looked fairly bright when he came on), Kagawa not being fit is something again I expect our manager to know better off than we do.

(Original post by NathanW18)
    We're still able to win with Giggs in the side. It doesn't mean that it should still happen. He gives the ball away a lot and in games like this, it could cost us.
    (Original post by NathanW18)

I also don't hate Giggs. The guy is a legend. I just don't think he should start against Liverpool away.

if he helps us win then what's the problem? Rooney makes poor passes at times as well but I doubt anyone in their right mind thinks he shouldn't play because of it when he's fit and on form...

fair enough, as I want us to win this game I sincerely hope you are wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Nani is just back form injury tbf, Valencia was pretty poor against Chelsea as well (whereas Young looked fairly bright when he came on), Kagawa not being fit is something again I expect our manager to know better off than we do.
    Okay, play Smalling/Fabio at RB, move Jones into CM and push Cleverley into Giggs' role. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, play Smalling/Fabio at RB, move Jones into CM and push Cleverley into Giggs' role. :ninja:
    I would play Jones at RB ahead of Smalling or Fabio tbh, the former never plays well there, the later still has a lot to learn and is better on the left.

Cleverley normally more narrowly and deeper than Giggs

ReputationRep:
    Kagawa not even on the bench today! If Rooney isn't playing then surely Kagawa must start. Either he's not fit or Moyes hates him so much that he doesn't even put him on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    #PRAYFORMOYES!

ReputationRep:
    ffs

ReputationRep:
    Moyes record against big clubs, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Moyes record against big clubs, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "big clubs" :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    "big clubs" :laugh:
    :facepalm2:

Liverpool are currently not a 'big' team but it is undeniable that they are a 'big club'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    :facepalm2:

Liverpool are currently not a 'big' team but it is undeniable that they are a 'big club'.
    That's what I mean, maybe I wasn't clear. They are a big club, but as they're not a big team currently, it's pointless talking about whether Moyes beats them. He's playing against their current team, not their history.

ReputationRep:
    tbf, it's not really United wrong tactics it's more Rodgers Liverpool good tactics. Man Utd suffer when closed down like that, players like Cleverly are getting bullied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    tbf, it's not really United wrong tactics it's more Rodgers Liverpool good tactics. Man Utd suffer when closed down like that, players like Cleverly are getting bullied
    You can't usually close a top team down line Liverpool because they'll get the ball out and hurt you. You only have to look to what Bayern did to Barca, you need a very very effective pressing game normally. We don't have an exit, where is the ball going to go exactly? They can press because there is zero risk bar a long ball to RVP. Normally the ball would go to someone like Rooney who would then start the counter, but that player isn't there.

ReputationRep:
    Why no kagawa and zaha?

Cleverly has been shocking, we honestly need to sign a central midfielder tomorrow. The service to Van Persie has been non-existent.

Don't understand how Giggs gets into the starting line-up and kagawa still hasnt featured this season...

ReputationRep:
    Cleverley is just such a bad player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giggs starting over kagawa is criminal

ReputationRep:
    Cleverley and Bus Pass are both terrible. So is Young. Make some signings please #inmoyeswetrust(ed) *delete as appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes is a complete amateur. I will go as far as to say City will probably turn us over home and away this year. I dread to think how we'll perform in Europe. The winger system is so outdated. What other top team is so heavily reliant on them? Our wingers are not even world class, yet the ball goes sideways or outwide. Rinse and Repeat. ffs

Cleverley, Giggs and Young are horrendous. Even Jones should solely play at centre half.

Zaha, Adnan J, Kagawa are all going to be wasted this year. ALL to aid Giggs lol

ReputationRep:
    First loss under Moyes, can see there being a few more if we continue like we have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Moyes is a complete amateur. I will go as far as to say City will probably turn us over home and away this year. I dread to think how we'll perform in Europe.

Cleverley, Giggs and Young are horrendous. Even Jones should solely play at centre half.
    Europe could be a disaster for Moyes this year. I don't want him to do so badly that he gets sacked though as someone competent might be brought in.

ReputationRep:
    Players who make the first team who shouldn't: Welbeck, Valencia (was okay today), Young, Giggs, Cleverley, Jones (unless CB)
    Players who should make the first team: Rooney, Hernandez, Kagawa, Zaha, Januzaj

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.