The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9280
There was nothing remotely surprising about that. First half, Liverpool pressed high and we know United can't deal with that. You need to be able to pass it out well to break free, and we can't pass well at all. Second half, Pool were poor and we had all the ball, but we don't have players of the necessary calibre to break through a defence. Valencia, Cleverley, Young, Giggs, Welbeck; they all end up going backwards rather than taking a man on, and the cycle is repeated. Then someone at the back lumps a pass forward to no one. Our only chances came from crosses, but we can't cross at all. To be fair to the wingers, we're not a team designed to benefit from crosses, so it's understandable their crosses aren't going to reach all our tiny, skinny players. But, like I said, that's not surprising. We couldn't beat the big sides last season and they've all improved; why would we beat them now? Just wait 'til we play Spurs' new side, the United staff will be in for a shocker.
Original post by HarryyrraH
Ignorant post

I guess I should have used a smilie to make it more obvious.
No idea why Giggs keeps getting picked over younger and more energetic players. That midfield of Carrick, Cleverly and Giggs is just not good enough. Where in there is the creativity coming from? Kagawa could have provided that but he is no where to be seen. If Moyes doesn't have confidence in him then he needs to out and get a player who can provide that creativity.

Both the Chelsea and Liverpool game we've not created enough chances and that's because teams are figuring us out, press up high and all we seem to do is pass sideways or back to our defenders. Fellaini would defiantly add some steel to our midfield if he is bought. And play Kagawa behind the striker until Rooney is back then move him to the left. Nani on the right with RVP up front. Welbeck needs to be left out the squad just so to show him that he needs to provide more.

Midfielder is a must if we're gonna be completing against the top sides.
This match made me absolutely sick. Cleverley is not and never will be United quality. Under pressure he is absolutely horrific, and as for Young, I give up the moment I see him touch the ball. Would love to see a 3 of Kagawa, Rooney and Nani behind RvP eventually. People got way to caught up in believing this squad is the "champions" and will be good enough. Tactically I think nothing could have been done today; most of the squad was just awful.
Reality sets in. Don't expect rvp to score another 30 goals like he did last season.
................RVP
Kagawa Rooney Nani
........Carrick Fellaini

Would be a hell of a lot better than a flat, uncreative midfield of Giggs, Carrick, Cleverley, Young.
Reply 9286
Zaha and Adnan have become non existent lately, we need to stop ignoring our technical players.
Reply 9287
Today will hopefully make Moyes realise that he has to buy someone
Original post by Xotol
It seems like you're expecting RvP to get one chance for him to put away every game. He's good, but not that good. I think it's a mistake to play Welbeck and RvP at the same time - Welbeck doesn't have the creativity required for an AM role. Your midfield is in desperate need of creativity, otherwise you're wasting the talent up front. Moyes has been tactically poor really.

Hernandez provided more when he came on then Welbeck did all game. He just seems to keep the ball too long before the defender gets to him and nicks the ball away. Hernandez and RVP to start next game. And hopefully by then we have a decent midfielder signed up. If not we're doomed unless Rooney is fit but I think he's out for a couple of weeks at least. I don't understand why Moyes doesn't give Adnan or Kagawa a chance when we're seriously lacking in creativity. Haven't provided any decent crosses or chances for 2 games in a row now. Today I just thought where is the goal gonna come from cause we got no input whatsoever from our midfield.
Reply 9289
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad.":confused::confused::confused::angry:
Everton... is that you?
Moyes: "From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

:rofl2:
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Hernandez provided more when he came on then Welbeck did all game. He just seems to keep the ball too long before the defender gets to him and nicks the ball away. Hernandez and RVP to start next game. And hopefully by then we have a decent midfielder signed up. If not we're doomed unless Rooney is fit but I think he's out for a couple of weeks at least. I don't understand why Moyes doesn't give Adnan or Kagawa a chance when we're seriously lacking in creativity. Haven't provided any decent crosses or chances for 2 games in a row now. Today I just thought where is the goal gonna come from cause we got no input whatsoever from our midfield.

Your problem was Ferdinand taking too long building play from the back. Cleverly doing nothing creative and Giggs not being the midfielder he was. Young had a bad game and pretty much every other player did.
Original post by rohitbd
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad.":confused::confused::confused::angry:

:facepalm:
Moyes pretty much confirmed that we will not be adding to the squad, great
Original post by rohitbd

**** this ****
Please tell me Moyes did not say this. Just please , please , please?
Original post by CB91
Moyes: "From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

:rofl2:

Did he really say that?
Highlights how important Rooney is to Utd.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Cleverley and Bus Pass are both terrible. So is Young. Make some signings please #inmoyeswetrust(ed) *delete as appropriate.

Is this talking about Giggs? Disgraceful way to talk about a legend of your club and of football in general. Out of order mate. If he's getting picked it's Moyes' fault, not his own.
Original post by Whitechapel
Moyes pretty much confirmed that we will not be adding to the squad, great

and then we'll sign only Felliani and Baines next summer lol.

Latest