Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Moyes turned down Ozil... my god... doesnt play kagawa and constantly plays wellbeck urgh. Get that cheque-book out now, im a utd fan but we have the worst midfield in the top 5/6

ReputationRep:
    I pray every night Fergie wakes up 30 years physically younger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you're expecting RvP to get one chance for him to put away every game. He's good, but not that good. I think it's a mistake to play Welbeck and RvP at the same time - Welbeck doesn't have the creativity required for an AM role. Your midfield is in desperate need of creativity, otherwise you're wasting the talent up front. Moyes has been tactically poor really.

ReputationRep:
    I would of loved to have been januzaj instead of young today, whats the point of a pre-season if you dont learn from it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's okay. This squad won the league last season. No changes required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    It's okay. This squad won the league last season. No changes required.
    Ignorant post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryyrraH)
    Ignorant post
    Your sarcasm detector is broken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    First loss under Moyes, can see there being a few more if we continue like we have.
    I though this performance was better that the one against Everton last season.

ReputationRep:
    Ignorant post
    strong sarcasm missed

ReputationRep:
    Only De Gea was good today. Pretty much everyone else awful. We missed Rooney today. Nani and Kagawa really should be playing a lot more minutes than Young, Welbeck and Giggs.

A draw or a loss doesn't make too much difference against Liverpool, they won't be up there and the end of the season. Need a win against City though. Today hurts.

ReputationRep:
    Our gameplan would work if we had Ronaldo to pass to outwide who would tear opposition fullbacks to shreads. Unfortunately for us we have Young, Giggs, Valencia on the flank who have a habit of miss hitting crosses, loosing the ball and creating 0 chances. Carrick and Cleverley are simply unable to drive the ball forward through the middle and we were getting caught out so much when we had the ball. And what's worse is that it's Liverpool for **** sake.. Sort it out Moyes

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck and Cleverly are put ahead of Kagawa and Nani:confused:

The last minute Cleverly turns see's the great run of Nani, but loses the ball to Enrique, Liverpool counter attack and Sterling forces DDG into a save. Cleverly is just not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    There was nothing remotely surprising about that. First half, Liverpool pressed high and we know United can't deal with that. You need to be able to pass it out well to break free, and we can't pass well at all. Second half, Pool were poor and we had all the ball, but we don't have players of the necessary calibre to break through a defence. Valencia, Cleverley, Young, Giggs, Welbeck; they all end up going backwards rather than taking a man on, and the cycle is repeated. Then someone at the back lumps a pass forward to no one. Our only chances came from crosses, but we can't cross at all. To be fair to the wingers, we're not a team designed to benefit from crosses, so it's understandable their crosses aren't going to reach all our tiny, skinny players. But, like I said, that's not surprising. We couldn't beat the big sides last season and they've all improved; why would we beat them now? Just wait 'til we play Spurs' new side, the United staff will be in for a shocker.

ReputationRep:
    Ignorant post
    I guess I should have used a smilie to make it more obvious.

ReputationRep:
    No idea why Giggs keeps getting picked over younger and more energetic players. That midfield of Carrick, Cleverly and Giggs is just not good enough. Where in there is the creativity coming from? Kagawa could have provided that but he is no where to be seen. If Moyes doesn't have confidence in him then he needs to out and get a player who can provide that creativity.

Both the Chelsea and Liverpool game we've not created enough chances and that's because teams are figuring us out, press up high and all we seem to do is pass sideways or back to our defenders. Fellaini would defiantly add some steel to our midfield if he is bought. And play Kagawa behind the striker until Rooney is back then move him to the left. Nani on the right with RVP up front. Welbeck needs to be left out the squad just so to show him that he needs to provide more.

Midfielder is a must if we're gonna be completing against the top sides.

ReputationRep:
    This match made me absolutely sick. Cleverley is not and never will be United quality. Under pressure he is absolutely horrific, and as for Young, I give up the moment I see him touch the ball. Would love to see a 3 of Kagawa, Rooney and Nani behind RvP eventually. People got way to caught up in believing this squad is the "champions" and will be good enough. Tactically I think nothing could have been done today; most of the squad was just awful.

ReputationRep:
    Reality sets in. Don't expect rvp to score another 30 goals like he did last season.

ReputationRep:
    ................RVP
    Kagawa Rooney Nani
    ........Carrick Fellaini

Would be a hell of a lot better than a flat, uncreative midfield of Giggs, Carrick, Cleverley, Young.

ReputationRep:
    Zaha and Adnan have become non existent lately, we need to stop ignoring our technical players.

ReputationRep:
    Today will hopefully make Moyes realise that he has to buy someone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.