Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    It seems like you're expecting RvP to get one chance for him to put away every game. He's good, but not that good. I think it's a mistake to play Welbeck and RvP at the same time - Welbeck doesn't have the creativity required for an AM role. Your midfield is in desperate need of creativity, otherwise you're wasting the talent up front. Moyes has been tactically poor really.
    Hernandez provided more when he came on then Welbeck did all game. He just seems to keep the ball too long before the defender gets to him and nicks the ball away. Hernandez and RVP to start next game. And hopefully by then we have a decent midfielder signed up. If not we're doomed unless Rooney is fit but I think he's out for a couple of weeks at least. I don't understand why Moyes doesn't give Adnan or Kagawa a chance when we're seriously lacking in creativity. Haven't provided any decent crosses or chances for 2 games in a row now. Today I just thought where is the goal gonna come from cause we got no input whatsoever from our midfield.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad.":confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    Everton... is that you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Hernandez provided more when he came on then Welbeck did all game. He just seems to keep the ball too long before the defender gets to him and nicks the ball away. Hernandez and RVP to start next game. And hopefully by then we have a decent midfielder signed up. If not we're doomed unless Rooney is fit but I think he's out for a couple of weeks at least. I don't understand why Moyes doesn't give Adnan or Kagawa a chance when we're seriously lacking in creativity. Haven't provided any decent crosses or chances for 2 games in a row now. Today I just thought where is the goal gonna come from cause we got no input whatsoever from our midfield.
    Your problem was Ferdinand taking too long building play from the back. Cleverly doing nothing creative and Giggs not being the midfielder he was. Young had a bad game and pretty much every other player did.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes: "From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad.":confused::confused::confused:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Moyes pretty much confirmed that we will not be adding to the squad, great

ReputationRep:

**** this ****

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me Moyes did not say this. Just please , please , please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Moyes: "From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

:rofl2:
    Did he really say that?
    Highlights how important Rooney is to Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Cleverley and Bus Pass are both terrible. So is Young. Make some signings please #inmoyeswetrust(ed) *delete as appropriate.
    Is this talking about Giggs? Disgraceful way to talk about a legend of your club and of football in general. Out of order mate. If he's getting picked it's Moyes' fault, not his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    Moyes pretty much confirmed that we will not be adding to the squad, great
    and then we'll sign only Felliani and Baines next summer lol.

ReputationRep:

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."
    What the ****.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Sir Alex was watching the match and he goes and has a stern word with Moyes. No way in the world should he think that was a good performance, yes we had a lot of the ball like we did against Chelsea but how many clear cut chances have we created? If no one is bought I think there's no way we have a chance of beating big teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    There was nothing remotely surprising about that. First half, Liverpool pressed high and we know United can't deal with that. You need to be able to pass it out well to break free, and we can't pass well at all. Second half, Pool were poor and we had all the ball, but we don't have players of the necessary calibre to break through a defence. Valencia, Cleverley, Young, Giggs, Welbeck; they all end up going backwards rather than taking a man on, and the cycle is repeated. Then someone at the back lumps a pass forward to no one. Our only chances came from crosses, but we can't cross at all. To be fair to the wingers, we're not a team designed to benefit from crosses, so it's understandable their crosses aren't going to reach all our tiny, skinny players. But, like I said, that's not surprising. We couldn't beat the big sides last season and they've all improved; why would we beat them now? Just wait 'til we play Spurs' new side, the United staff will be in for a shocker.
    Agreed and this is what makes it so painful. It was so obviously going to happen. I don't think the team is that deficient but its not so good and Liverpool so poor you can just throw it out and expect to win. I would really like to see Moyes explain his gameplan there tbh, because bar some RVP magic I can't see in which area of the pitch he expected us to come up trumps to Liverpool if we allow them to play like that. Brendan Rodgers played the exact game he should have but ultimately it was still one moment from DS that gave them the points. The second I saw the teamsheet I hoped we would see Hernandez because quite frankly that was the only way I could see us scoring. RVP is good but the CB's literally have nothing to worry about other than him, Lucas can drop off and support because he has nothing else to do. Young is a limited player but at his best it was his linking up with Rooney in the centre that made him productive and without that its obvious what he is going to do, there is no threat in the centre so he can be closed without risk. Giggs offered nothing, and tbh Carrick and Cleverly do what they do every game, its just without Rooney or such they can be pressed without fear and it showed. Nani and Chica looked rusty but ultimately pretty productive once they got on, but I can see why there weren't put on earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    A draw or a loss doesn't make too much difference against Liverpool, they won't be up there and the end of the season.
    Don't agree with that. That's the sort of attitude the United management have. Liverpool have improved a lot, and are expected to announce three more signings today. If you don't acknowledge that, then you're going to get left behind, and United are pretending nothing has happened. Liverpool didn't even have Suarez today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    There was nothing remotely surprising about that. First half, Liverpool pressed high and we know United can't deal with that. You need to be able to pass it out well to break free, and we can't pass well at all. Second half, Pool were poor and we had all the ball, but we don't have players of the necessary calibre to break through a defence. Valencia, Cleverley, Young, Giggs, Welbeck; they all end up going backwards rather than taking a man on, and the cycle is repeated. Then someone at the back lumps a pass forward to no one. Our only chances came from crosses, but we can't cross at all. To be fair to the wingers, we're not a team designed to benefit from crosses, so it's understandable their crosses aren't going to reach all our tiny, skinny players. But, like I said, that's not surprising. We couldn't beat the big sides last season and they've all improved; why would we beat them now? Just wait 'til we play Spurs' new side, the United staff will be in for a shocker.
    Agree, although I'd say this was Liverpool's game plan. Basically a Jose performance, press hard and get a goal, then drop deep and give United no space in pools half, remember United are pretty proficient.

ReputationRep:
    Well this is going to be an interesting season to say the least. If Moyes is happy with what he saw today then I am seriously dreading going away to Chelsea, City and Tottenham

ReputationRep:

If that's the best we've got I'm really not looking forward to seeing the worst.

ReputationRep:
    No Kagawa :sigh:

Giggs starting :sigh:

Jones at RB :sigh:

Nani not given a run of games prior to this match, then being expected to perform miracles as a sub :sigh:

No creativity, no clue going forward :sigh:

Losing to those bin dipping scousers :sigh:

Moyes, I am disappoint.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.