Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Is this talking about Giggs? Disgraceful way to talk about a legend of your club and of football in general. Out of order mate. If he's getting picked it's Moyes' fault, not his own.
    But its getting to the point now where he should have the sense, especially seeing as he is not just a player with a lot of influence but a coach to step aside or have a word with the manager. Scholes has done the exactly that, have the sense to step before he's pushed. Its getting pretty horrible as a fan after seasons of Giggs being a club legend, to feel the way I and many fans feel about seeing him on the team sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad.":confused::confused::confused:
    He sounds so much like the Hodge :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    But its getting to the point now where he should have the sense, especially seeing as he is not just a player with a lot of influence but a coach to step aside or have a word with the manager. Scholes has done the exactly that, have the sense to step before he's pushed. Its getting pretty horrible as a fan after seasons of Giggs being a club legend, to feel the way I and many fans feel about seeing him on the team sheet.
    Moyes needs to realise that he doesnt have to start giggs in all the big games just because of his reputation at the club .. Maybe he feels he has to respect giggs idk , but again kagawa would have helped , no cleverly would have helped and a new Cm would have helped , its obvious this is giggs last season with him being appointed coach. "Team spirit" wont win games this season SAF is gone we need qualiy and right now we have like the 5th best midfield in thague

ReputationRep:
    Just saw on Twitter that Moyes left out Kagawa because he opted for Nani instead. What the actual f***!! How can he even think Nani and Kagawa are comparable. Giggs and Cleverly getting picked over him is absurd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I agree that he shouldn't be playing for you, but it's through no fault of his own, surely? If he's getting picked then you can hardly blame him for it. Regardless of the circumstances, a guy that's played for you 944 times shouldn't be called Bus Pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Just saw on Twitter that Moyes left out Kagawa because he opted for Nani instead. What the actual f***!! How can he even think Nani and Kagawa are comparable. Giggs and Cleverly getting picked over him is absurd!
    I'm seeing that too, but I haven't seen it from an official source yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, Kagawa did travel with the squad.

EDIT: Okay, now I have seen it from official sources. What the ****...

ReputationRep:
    Theres a lot of problems from this match, pretty obvious

ReputationRep:
    There is no point in comparing Cleverley to any other player in this squad. Well, apart from Anderson. Nobody else can play CM, so he's going to start. He also played well against Chelsea.

Asking the question why Kagawa doesn't even make the 18 is a valid one. Young and Nani missed all of pre-season through injury and come straight back into the squad. Kagawa hasn't been injured, but is supposedly unfit. Is he still unfit 3 weeks later after playing for Japan?

Asking why Giggs always plays is also another valid question. Especially in an away match against Liverpool. These matches are always played at a high tempo. Not exactly ready made for Giggs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I'm seeing that too, but I haven't seen it from an official source yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, Kagawa did travel with the squad.

EDIT: Okay, now I have seen it from official sources. What the ****...
    What official source would be stupid enough to confirm that :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Usain getting in on the debate http://www.joe.ie/football/football-...erpool-defeat/

ReputationRep:
    I agree that he shouldn't be playing for you, but it's through no fault of his own, surely? If he's getting picked then you can hardly blame him for it. Regardless of the circumstances, a guy that's played for you 944 times shouldn't be called Bus Pass.
    Yeah disrespectful, it was more just the reason why there is a bit of a negative sentiment towards a legend. Its frustration more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    Lol #moyesout is trending .. Not suprised but he does need ALOT more time , Lol istill cant understand for the life of me why giggs was played on the wing cant even take no positives anyhow
    #InMoyesWeTru.... Wait no #InMoyesWeHope

ReputationRep:
    It sums it up that Hernandez and De Gea were the only two players who came out of that with some credit, the former was a substitute let's not forget.

Where to start.

When I got told Young was in for Rooney, I was like "Oh, OK, maybe Young will go the right where he produced some decent crosses against Chelsea on Monday, Welbeck on the left and Kagawa behind RVP". Then my hopes fell when I heard Giggs was included. As doggy said above, he, at the age of 39, should not be playing in this sort of game, no where near. Sure, at home against one of the promoted sides or as a sub if we need to finish off a game then sure but Liverpool probably thought they could get in and around us with Giggs. And to shove him on the right, was an error, would rather have had Young there.

Liverpool won the game in the first 20 minutes. Besides that chance we had straight from kick-off, which should have been a template of how we needed to perform (quickly), we dropped back and Liverpool scored a goal that wasn't greatly defended by Rio and Evra losing Struridge abit too easily. The defenders, Clevs and Carrick wanted to take 2-3 touches on the ball rather than up the tempo and work out from the back quicker which allowed Liverpool great incentive to press. The rest of match turned scrappy and we just failed to hold onto the ball and never troubled Mignolet until Hernandez came on and did what he does best, use his movement very well.

A draw would have been a fair result considering DDG was hardly tested until the end but Liverpool won it early on.

Moyes' post-match comments are utterly disappointing and infuriating. At Everton, he was more honest but at United, managing the champions, he is following the method of not publicly criticising his team (which SAF would probably have done) but even privately, he should be looking at his own decisions he made rather than overly slamming the players.

I can take losing when we've given it out all but to lose 1-0, when we've played badly and bad decisions have been made manager and players, becomes even more frustrating.

We are in for a very tough season if there are no incomings.

In a way, it's hard to blame Moyes for our midfield shortcomings when the work should have been layed on by his predecessor. Moyes' coming in and within a short space of time, trying to find players to paper over some cracks (Fellaini).

ReputationRep:
    Is this talking about Giggs? Disgraceful way to talk about a legend of your club and of football in general. Out of order mate. If he's getting picked it's Moyes' fault, not his own.
    Legends age gracefully. This guy is not, I respect his play from when he was good I assure you but not I'm just like yoga isn't doing the job, please retire.

ReputationRep:
    What's it to you? If they wanna disrespect an absolute LEGEND of United, let them. Even as a Liverpool fan, I know what a great servant he was/is for United and the Prem. League and even I wouldn't disrespect him like that. It's Moyes' fault for picking him anyway people.

ReputationRep:
    Think some fans need to calm down. Liverpool were just as crap Infact we controlled the game second half and made a couple of good chances especially the van Persie one that should have gone in.

Moyes got it wrong by playing giggs and not having kagawa. Apart from that utd weren't totally abysmal. 3 games into the league season and we haven't done too badly. I still think he will
    Add a few
    Players by tommorow evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    He sounds so much like the Hodge :rofl2:
    Thats exactly what I thought aswell. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManL_Olu)
    Lol #moyesout is trending .. Not suprised but he does need ALOT more time , Lol istill cant understand for the life of me why giggs was played on the wing cant even take no positives anyhow
    #InMoyesWeTru.... Wait no #InMoyesWeHope
    We have played much worse at a field before than today. Only thing lacking was more chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALZ-93)
    What's it to you? If they wanna disrespect an absolute LEGEND of United, let them. Even as a Liverpool fan, I know what a great servant he was/is for United and the Prem. League and even I wouldn't disrespect him like that. It's Moyes' fault for picking him anyway people.
    Just making a point man haha, I agree with what you said ofc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    No Kagawa :sigh:

Giggs starting :sigh:

Jones at RB :sigh:

Nani not given a run of games prior to this match, then being expected to perform miracles as a sub :sigh:

No creativity, no clue going forward :sigh:

Losing to those bin dipping scousers :sigh:

Moyes, I am disappoint.
    Who would you prefer at right back?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.