Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I think any fans hoping for a signing will be left disappointed today. Moyes' post-match interview spoke volumes about that.
    He didn't say he wasn't going to try to sign some players just that if no transfers were completed then he would be happy with the current squad. What else was he meant to say? That he would be devastated if no one was bought.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil rejects arsenal bid. Is ManU an option for Ozil or will he stay at madrid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAP31)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PSG have bided more than Arsenal apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    He didn't say he wasn't going to try to sign some players just that if no transfers were completed then he would be happy with the current squad. What else was he meant to say? That he would be devastated if no one was bought.
    He said we played very well, it's the best he's seen us play. Combine that with the no transfer thing and I think it's pretty obvious we're not getting anyone personally.

(Original post by CAP31)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty sure he'll stay at Madrid. Isco can play from CM, so he isn't a direct threat to Ozil's position, nothing's changed there. Bale will be on the right primarily, so he's threatening Di Maria more.

However, when Alonso comes back, I'm not sure if Isco would be playing CM anymore, so then Ozil is in trouble. At the moment, Ozil is better than Isco though, so he should be fine really.

ReputationRep:
    He said we played very well, it's the best he's seen us play. Combine that with the no transfer thing and I think it's pretty obvious we're not getting anyone personally.

Pretty sure he'll stay at Madrid. Isco can play from CM, so he isn't a direct threat to Ozil's position, nothing's changed there. Bale will be on the right primarily, so he's threatening Di Maria more.

However, when Alonso comes back, I'm not sure if Isco would be playing CM anymore, so then Ozil is in trouble. At the moment, Ozil is better than Isco though, so he should be fine really.
    Fellaini looks the most likeliest at the moment but will that go through I'm not sure. A lot of things have been reported and maybe Everton want to get a signing or 2 in themselves before letting him go. In for a long 11 hours or so.

ReputationRep:

Edit: Ozil seems to be off to Arsenal according to the BBC and Sky sports. He's needs to have a medical before the transfer is confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    The sky is caving in.

With Ozil, I'm sure Arsenal will be able to give our midfield the run around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Edit: Ozil seems to be off to Arsenal according to the BBC and Sky sports. He's needs to have a medical before the transfer is confirmed.
    I'm still not sure. I'd be absolutely stunned if this happens, it's a huge step down for Ozil's career if he goes there. I'd say it must be about money, but Arsenal are quite infamous for not offering much.

It'd be a crime to let Ozil go to another club if he really is available. I don't care if we don't play Kagawa right now; we're talking about a different quality of player here, Ozil is outstanding. Besides, Ozil can play from the right anyway, and Kagawa has played on the left. Kagawa, Rooney, Ozil with RVP up top would be outstanding. Nani and Zaha as a different type of option. Valencia and Young, if we kept them, as another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    The sky is caving in.

I think he'll be a great signing for them. Could give them the push up front which they seriously need. Although at the back they're not great and Ozil isn't really known for tracking back as such but still a quality player.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not sure. I'd be absolutely stunned if this happens, it's a huge step down for Ozil's career if he goes there. I'd say it must be about money, but Arsenal are quite infamous for not offering much.

It'd be a crime to let Ozil go to another club if he really is available. I don't care if we don't play Kagawa right now; we're talking about a different quality of player here, Ozil is outstanding. Besides, Ozil can play from the right anyway, and Kagawa has played on the left. Kagawa, Rooney, Ozil with RVP up top would be outstanding. Nani and Zaha as a different type of option. Valencia and Young, if we kept them, as another.
    I don't think he'll be coming to United, a lot of reliable sources are saying that the deal is almost done and Ozil just needs to go through a medical and he'll be an Arsenal player. Quality player and he'll defiantly be a player who will light up the Premier League if he is able to adapt to the League.

ReputationRep:

Exactly. Last year, we didn't even really need Van Persie, yet look how that one turned out.

quality is quality. Right now, our squad is a cesspit of mediocrity, even Nani, Carrick are not top draw players, the latter is in his twilight years. Ozil could easily come in and confine Giggs to permanent retirement.

Just don't want to see the annual complaints when we get sent sprawling in the round of 16 or last 8 in Europe if we're lucky.

Our only top quality players are Rooney, Van Persie and two ageing centre halfs.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Ozil come out and say he wanted to fight for his place at Madrid? :rolleyes:
    As much of a quality player he is, we don't need him especially for the fee he's going for.
    Dare i say it i rather have baines and fellani for 42.5 million than Ozil.

Would be happy if we signed Ander Herrera, but i doubt it'll happen
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    The sky is caving in.

Half the teams in the league did just that last season!

I've given up any possibility of us signing anyone today. This summer has been a complete disaster.

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely not trying to troll here, but what would you guys think if Ozil came to us when it looks like you could have had him if you wanted? I mean, I know he's kind of redudant in your formation, but he is a quality creative player, and you need creativity from what I've seen. And you could have probably sold Kagawa since he isn't really favoured? Would you prefer Fellaini over Ozil? :confused:

Moyes has really ****ed up this transfer window for you guys I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    Didn't Ozil come out and say he wanted to fight for his place at Madrid? :rolleyes:
    Yes, he did, but that was pre-Bale.

As much of a quality player he is, we don't need him especially for the fee he's going for.
    No. Just no... That's a good price for Ozil, he's worth that. Baines and Fellaini combined are not worth that, not even close.

(Original post by Xotol)
    Genuinely not trying to troll here, but what would you guys think if Ozil came to us when it looks like you could have had him if you wanted? I mean, I know he's kind of redudant in your formation, but he is a quality creative player, and you need creativity from what I've seen. And you could have probably sold Kagawa since he isn't really favoured? Would you prefer Fellaini over Ozil? :confused:

It's insane. I'd also question what City and maybe even Chelsea are doing, more specifically why they're doing nothing. Ozil just isn't the type of player you ignore if he becomes available, he's better than whoever else you have in that position, bar maybe Mata. €50m is a steal when you consider what good players are sold for these days too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)

I dunno, I would still probably think that Moyes is the messiah in second coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)

Man U doesn't need another AM. Most Utd fans are questioning why Kaggs hasn't been given a chance to to prove himself. Not to mention Rooney performance at Chelsea in the hole shows another AM isn't needed.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather noone than those two at that price.

ReputationRep:
    No. Just no... That's a good price for Ozil, he's worth that. Baines and Fellaini combined are not worth that, not even close.
    Where would he play in our system? We have both Kagawa and Rooney there. Moyes isn't just going to change the way United plays because Ozil is avalaible. Baines can push Evra for his fighting spot, Fellaini can play beside Carrick to break up the play and let him have the space to make that pass. we would actually have someone who can hit decent set pieces and have more muscle in midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Half the teams in the league did just that last season!<br />
    <br />
    I've given up any possibility of us signing anyone today. This summer has been a complete disaster.
    <br />
    <br />
    Agree its soo fustrating , it looks like we're going to get felleni or herrera neither are real match winners , as i said before team spirit aint going to win us the league without saf we neeeed quality ... & as i said on my twitter discussions @7olubantz ... Manutd have 2 matchwinners ( rvp,wayne) .. Liverpool have 2/3 , City have 3/4 ( yaya, aguero, joveticand silva) spurs have ( lamela , eriksen, soldado) & now arsenal have (carz, girould, wilshere and now potentially ozil) Manutd need quality our 1st XL is 4th best at the moment we Cant compete for the CL .. Soo upset

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.