Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini looks like the most likely signing with Herrera in the balance as we seem not willing to activate his release clause and he seems a midfielder that would be ideal, creative wise. Baines seems furthest away but Mail reporting Moyes will push £20m for him.

I'd take Fellaini and Herrera atm but Ozil, as excellent as a player he is in the CAM role, playing on the wing also involves in some games, defensive duties and he hardly seems to be able to play a full match consistently for some bizarre reason so his stamina is in question but whether the Madrid doctors know something we don't, it's baffling. Ozil would be the marquee name but I just think we'd be signing him for the sake of a marquee name. He's not a CM but attacking wise, he's better than Giggs, Valencia, Young, Zaha, Nani (although he could return to form).

I know it is Guillem Balague, but he's reporting a Herrera deal is done just a medical to be done and United to pay cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    We will look like idiots if we buy Fellaini for more than £23+mil whilst rejecting Ozil.

Herrera is set to come United according to the guy on SSN, how good is he 36mil is a lot of money. :confused:
    He's not worth €36m and I doubt he ever will be. But we're paying a release clause, not how much we value him, so I wouldn't read too much into that. But, of course, we could better use that money elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why are we not going in for Ozil? Sure, Fellaini would bring that additional option to our midfield but Ozil is beyond the ability of Fellaini, and we just watching by as Arsenal try to grab him.

What on earth is Woodward doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I'm not sure, I don't really like Spanish football so don't watch it much either. We obviously rate him though if we are willing to spend 30m euros on him, so what's 6m euros to a club like us?
    He is Spanish, so generally will have a pretty impressive technical ability and he played in the Bilbao side that took us apart so we know he can pass and not just sideways. That Bilbao side played a very technical and direct system.

ReputationRep:
    115 - Ander Herrera made 115 tackles last season in La Liga; more than any Manchester United midfielder managed (Carrick 83). Lionheart.

Ander Herrera executed more key passes last season (35) than Manchester United duo Tom Cleverley & Shinji Kagawa combined (33).

Ander Herrera won more tackles last season (90) than Premier League trio Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere & Yaya Toure combined (83).

ReputationRep:
    115 - Ander Herrera made 115 tackles last season in La Liga; more than any Manchester United midfielder managed (Carrick 83). Lionheart.

Ander Herrera executed more key passes last season (35) than Manchester United duo Tom Cleverley & Shinji Kagawa combined (33).

Ander Herrera won more tackles last season (90) than Premier League trio Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere & Yaya Toure combined (83).
    Those are some good stats, at least we know that he'll be good when on the backfoot and he has creativity.

Still a hefty fee but this seems like a good player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumtrees)
    Why? ^

Di Maria is a player in a position you're absolutely stacked in. Young, Nani, Valencia, Zaha, Giggs.

Fellaini's not the best midfielder out there, but considering you're midfield is Cleverly and Carrick, Fellaini's basically twice as good as Cleverly will ever be.
    People after yesterday people must see that young is not a top 4 player, average at best, always injured and the wrong side of 27. I want Oxlade chamberlain, dont see him getting much time at arsenal with Ozil on his way and carzola being shifted in his position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    Why oh why are we not going in for Ozil? Sure, Fellaini would bring that additional option to our midfield but Ozil is beyond the ability of Fellaini, and we just watching by as Arsenal try to grab him.

What on earth is Woodward doing.
    Ozil is not a CM. That's why, he's not that greater than rooney or shinji to put him ahead of the two and with winger and CM being such concerns they need a new central midfielder/winger not a makeshift one.

ReputationRep:
    Guillem Balague better not be talking crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    People after yesterday people must see that young is not a top 4 player, average at best, always injured and the wrong side of 27. I want Oxlade chamberlain, dont see him getting much time at arsenal with Ozil on his way and carzola being shifted in his position
    No chance, AOC is only 19 so hardly demanding first team football. We wouldnt sell for 30m.

(Original post by jam277)
    Ozil is not a CM. That's why, he's not that greater than rooney or shinji to put him ahead of the two and with winger and CM being such concerns they need a new central midfielder/winger not a makeshift one.
    Come on mate, Ozil is on another level to Kagawa.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Bale must be the luckiest man alive. Scores a few 30 yarders, then become a world record holder and 300k a week.

I don't understand why we're willing to go all the way with Herrera of all midfielders. Seems a bit strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    But you have zaha as the young winger/AM and your experienced wingers are ****, just get an experienced good winger over a inexperienced ok winger with potential.

ReputationRep:

Pretty impressive stats.

(Original post by doggyfizzel)
    He is Spanish, so generally will have a pretty impressive technical ability and he played in the Bilbao side that took us apart so we know he can pass and not just sideways. That Bilbao side played a very technical and direct system.
    Yeah the entire Bilbao midfield were very good against us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Probably, its a pretty safe call on deadline day really, it either happens in the coming hours or he can make up some excuse about disagreement over image rights or some rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Herrere and/or Fellaini, even if they are not world class starts, they will still bring something new and refreshing to the squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Those are some good stats, at least we know that he'll be good when on the backfoot and he has creativity.

Still a hefty fee but this seems like a good player.
    Its a big fee but Bilbao don't wanna sell, he fits the bill and should be better than Cleverly. He apparently has a good attitude and reports that he is taking a wage cut makes me like him more than before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    This is the man that said we were signing Torres and Falcao, so don't hold your breath

ReputationRep:
    BBC reporting the same stuff about Herrera, i.e that he is willing to take a wage cut but they are more cautious suggesting depends on us stumping up the cash. If the guy has done that to move then we should more than ready move for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    No chance, AOC is only 19 so hardly demanding first team football. We wouldnt sell for 30m.

Come on mate, Ozil is on another level to Kagawa.
    Kagawa doesn't get best player in the bundesliga 2 seasons ago for no reason, he was injured for half a season at united so wouldn't shine like people expected and played out of position very often and you saw his quality there anyway.

Kagawa is in that bracket, plus anyway ozil had a poor season last year so it's not like he's this amazing god. If you said Mata or kroos/reus then I'd say fair enough but kagawa is a great player but not fitting into uniteds system(essentially because of the signing of RVP)

ReputationRep:
    Its a big fee but Bilbao don't wanna sell, he fits the bill and should be better than Cleverly. He apparently has a good attitude and reports that he is taking a wage cut makes me like him more than before.
    He's lowering his wage demands, not taking a wage cut.

It's 2013, money comes before everything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.