Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    We'll win the league with or without transfers. Mark my words.
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Agreed. But the way we've gone about our transfers has been shocking.
    Really? We've got weaker while the 5 teams around us have got considerably stronger...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over2you)
    It serves as a lesson to DM - don't go bidding for world class players on the last day. I think Fergie should have told him this before he left.
    It's common sense ffs, wenger's case ozil is being forced out and he anticipated this. But going for khedira just reeks of desperation ffs. I'd get it if they didn't buy anyone and said they're fine then fair enough, but this has been some amateur business and won't help the fans imo than if you got a player there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Really? We've got weaker while the 5 teams around us have got considerably stronger...
    Considerably stronger? Not really. I think we'll do fine with our current squad but we will do better if we bring someone in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    I would not have expected this summer to be so embarrasing if Ferguson was still in charge.

Moyes has been worse than a kid fiddling about with Football Manager in his first ever transfer window.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Considerably stronger? Not really. I think we'll do fine with our current squad but we will do better if we bring someone in
    this :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Nick Powell out on loan... dw we dont need any midfield players!

kill me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)

kill me now
    Meh, it's a good move from him. Should've happened last year imo. Just hope he's in the team a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    After hearing the €40m for Khedira bid, I'm finally 100% convinced that Ed Woodward might be a moron.

At least we don't have wet armpits like Arsenal fans.
    It's obviously a load of ****. There's absolutely no way Madrid would turn that down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)

kill me now
    Powell needs a loan. The highest he's played is league one football. That's a decent move for him if it's true.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    I would not have expected this summer to be so embarrasing if Ferguson was still in charge.

Moyes has been worse than a kid fiddling about with Football Manager in his first ever transfer window.
    Don't forget Woodward has been even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    It's obviously a load of ****. There's absolutely no way Madrid would turn that down.
    I hope it is BS. But Real don't have another midfielder of that mould.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Yeah they would, as he's the only player of that type, I hope they learnt from makalele and not get rid of their only box to box player.

ReputationRep:
    All those people saying Sir Alex would have done a better job need to remember that it was him who didn't buy a midfielder in the past few seasons when we clearly were in need of one/two. But yes I do blame Woodward who has been a shambles with most of the transfers and Moyes has to take the blame for the Fellaini move since he either thought we could get a better deal than his buy out clause or he wasn't his first choice. Either way deals or bids could have been put in quicker than rushing everything on deadline day. What were they doing for the past 3 months? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    apparently fellani is nearly done...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah they would, as he's the only player of that type, I hope they learnt from makalele and not get rid of their only box to box player.
    They'd just take the money and sign someone 10x better in January or even in these last 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    apparently fellani is nearly done...
    That's been the case for the past few days but nothing has come of it. Although he has handed in a transfer request so that might push Everton to sell especially if they get McCarthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    That's been the case for the past few days but nothing has come of it. Although he has handed in a transfer request so that might push Everton to sell especially if they get McCarthy.
    Sky Sports said that Wigan have confirmed that McCarthy is staying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    They'd just take the money and sign someone 10x better in January or even in these last 2 hours.
    They'll probably bid 100m for busquetts or martinez :rolleyes: sorry but this transfer window is embarrassing on your behalf if you don't get these players on time. Athletic are probably being ***** with the tax problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Dave Whelan has told skysports hes not going to sell McCarthy but tbh I think the Fellani deal is going to happen and possibily Ander Herrera *Fingers crossed*. I still don't know whats going on with the Ozil deal its been said to be close to completion for 2-3 hours

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.