Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its a ****ing panic buy...what were those dumb**** doing all summer, surely they realised there was a clause in Fellaini's contract? Overpaying by over 4 million pounds.....Wow never been so mad even though we managed to sign a player at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to join me in the creation of a get Woodward out campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Arsenal and United earned their place and live within their means (AFAIK). Buying the title refers to clubs spending beyond their means (chelsea/City) massively with short term success in mind. I'd never accuse United of buying the title even if they'd spent 100m on Bale.
    It was a joke.

How can the Coentrao rumour be gaining speed at this time.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku gone to Everton. Very pleased to see Chelsea weakened up front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 3m
    Fabio Coentrao signs loan deal for #MUFC. Everton wouldn't sell Leighton Baines for £15m

What the ****?
    Yeah, no idea.

Coentrao's decent, but a loan what? We're not getting rid of Evra, so he's going from Madrid's bench to ours? I don't get that.

ReputationRep:
    Coentrao....?????

What's happend with Buttner and fabio? LOL...

ReputationRep:
    Why are we getting Coentrao?? Where did that even come from?

ReputationRep:
    We'll play Coentrao left wing, he'll be great there. This loan rumour is more exciting than Fellaini ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Seeing people tweet we've bought/loaned Coentrao, wtf?
    This broke just as the window finished that we were TRYING to get him on loan and it seems we got him? After Everton rejected £15m bid for Baines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 3m
    Fabio Coentrao signs loan deal for #MUFC. Everton wouldn't sell Leighton Baines for £15m

What the ****?
    LOL if thats true! Although he can play as a winger which may be of help to us.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Coentrao? Just when I thought today couldn't get anymore ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Well 1) It's Arsenal's money not some Arab geezer's and 2)Our net spend is still about 60m vs 300m for Utd and god knows what for City/Chelsea

Heaads gone.
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Anyone who says Arsenal are trying to buy success needs a kicking. Heads gone
    Read what you said on both post.

You've just gone and spent £43million on one player = attempt to buy success. Think or at least be explicit before speaking.

Cretin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I'd say you didn't spend enough. 100 odd million in the bank and all you've spent is 50 odd doesn't seem right some how. Didn't buy the players you really needed.

Wenger has played a masterstroke here, knew he wouldn't be making the signings he wanted so bought in Ozil to impress the fans. And I can say its worked!
    Got an Italian international GK on loan and Flamini, who isn't a world beater but was a regular for ACM last season and does his job well, get him back to 2008 levels and he's a beast.

But yeah once you account for player sales we've sold 10m worth and cleared literally about 300k from the wage bill so we left loads in the kitty. Baffled why we didnt sign a CB, although Sagna is fine there if needed but then leaves us with 1 junior RB, and Vermaelen will come back. Cant blame him for not getting a ST as there simply arent any available.

Overall I expect us to be back in January for more of the same.

ReputationRep:
    Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 38s
    Fábio Coentrão also moves to Manchester United on a season long loan deal from Real Madrid.

So where does Buttner now stand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 38s
    Fábio Coentrão also moves to Manchester United on a season long loan deal from Real Madrid.

So where does Buttner now stand?
    Buttner isn't really very good, and Fabio is made of glass.

If Coentrao's loan has an option to buy, that'd be a very good piece of business.

But let's wait and see if it's true first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Read what you said on both post.

You've just gone and spent £43million on one player = attempt to buy success. Think or at least be explicit before speaking.

Cretin.
    Wenger's spent about 60m net since 1996 man. Given the resources at this disposal, which by the way are self generated unlike some others, he's still showing remarkable restraint. Look at how many youth products we have in the XI for a start, Szcz, Gibbs, Jenkinson Wilshere with others like Ramsey/Walcott brought in young and trained. If we're buying success then so are BVB/Bayern as they're the same.

ReputationRep:
    This is just depressing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok on the Barcaforum and reported by spanish media, apaprently Herrera deal broke down because we brought the paperwork for him in the wrong language. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Coentrao could mean even less playing time for Kagawa (if the former is played as a LW). Or he could replace Evra which doesn't make sense as they are both quite similar players i.e better going forward and shoddy defensively. Either way, baffling signing.

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly I do not know why David Moyes insist on replacing Evra at LB, he is still defensively suspectable but his forward play has been excellent as always. Alex Buttner has been OK as a backup as well so I don't know why Moyes don't rate them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.