Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I'm confused. Have you guys bought Fellaini?
    Fellaini is done. Coentrao on a season-long loan is up in the air.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you couldn't write this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Lol you couldn't write this.
    I keep asking myself, is this real life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Coentrao deal being off would be the icing on the transfer-deadline cake. I'll never, hopefully, experience this day again.
    We don't even need him. From one bench to another. Desperation all I can say.

ReputationRep:
    If the Coentrao deal sheet was into the EPL by 11, then United have until midnight to finalise the paperwork.

It is all happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Walcott was still close to £10 million, was it not? That's still pretty pricey for a teenager (and more than Manchester United paid for Ronaldo, two and a half years earlier). Moreover some of those "youth products" only had a year as youth players.

Anyway, this argument again. When you were competitive, you still splashed the cash when needed, as all successful clubs do. The only reason why spending has declined in recent years is, as you know only too well, the burden of the stadium. This has brought a corresponding decline in trophies won and league position,

Should Arsenal get back to being competitive I have no doubt that they will splash the case, when needed, once more.

Practically every single club that's had success as "bought success" in some way or another. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just one does get irritated by certain Arsenal fans or admiters criticising teams, such as Manchester United, for "buying success".
    Great post mate. But there is a stigma to 'buying success' that's not fair on Wenger given his philosophy and faith in youth. In my opinion, Mourinho, Mancini, PSG buy success but Fergie, Bayern havent even if they have spent lots when needed. Think the term is too sloppy, but Wenger is a million miles away from Mourinho. He's spending to supplement his project whereas spending is Mou's project.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter saying Coentrao's wife just Tweeted "HALA MADRID".

I'm just laughing at all this, brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    In the midst of the ridiculousness of this day, made me realise how important it was to hold onto Rooney. Can you imagine this day AFTER he had left us for Chelsea?!! Rooney staying, Fellaini joining (and hopefully improving his game) and Moyes' ability to hopefully be more inventive with the team, gives me hope.

ReputationRep:
    This day has to be worse than Martin Tyler screaming in that Sergio Augero goal 2 years ago I can't remember for the life of me when I've had this much stress on my head for a Man Utd deadline day. to rub salt in the wound, Arsenal sign Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    In the midst of the ridiculousness of this day, made me realise how important it was to hold onto Rooney. Can you imagine this day AFTER he had left us for Chelsea?!! Rooney staying, Fellaini joining (and hopefully improving his game) and Moyes' ability to hopefully be more inventive with the team, gives me hope.
    I can't agree with this anymore - 100% Our squad would have looked seriously depleted without him in our side.

ReputationRep:
    BTW totally off topic but don't we need to create another Manchester United thread? Approaching the 10000 posts soon.

ReputationRep:
    Good thing this thread's coming to an end so we can put the transfer window behind us.

All in all, Fellaini and Coentrao in, Rooney and Nani stayed, not the worst transfer window ever in terms of what we've got. How Woodward went about it, on the other hand, is another thing altogether..

ReputationRep:
    Still trying to get over the fact that we've spent 27.5m on Fellaini

ReputationRep:
    just seen this on twitter

"Moyes bids £28million for Baines and Fellaini Then he buys Fellaini for £27million. so Baines was worth £1m"

ReputationRep:
    Still trying to get over the fact that we've paid 27.5m on Fellaini
    What beggars belief is the fact that Tottenham signed guys with a lot more quality (passing at least), at far cheaper prices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over2you)

"Moyes bids £28million for Baines and Fellaini Then he buys Fellaini for £27million. so Baines was worth £1m"
    Actually £27.5m, so Baines is worth £500k according to Moyes.

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini for £23m and Coentrao on loan, all in July, would have been a lot better. Trust United to do it the hard way. Boy, I hope Coentrao gets confirmed tonight.

ReputationRep:

hahaaa im dying!!

ReputationRep:
    Still trying to get over the fact that we've spent 27.5m on Fellaini
    The 4th most expensive player we have ever purchased I think?

ReputationRep:
    What beggars belief is the fact that Tottenham signed guys with a lot more quality (passing at least), at far cheaper prices
    That's what happens when you buy off other big Premier League clubs. People aren't going to sell to their rivals on the cheap if they don't have to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.