Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over2you)
    No mate, he bloody is to blame. I think it's quite evident in the way we've randomly bided for about 5/6 players today. Surely that has to come from Moyes? I don't think he's solely to blame, but he has had a massive hand in the way we've conducted ourselves in the window. Why the heck were we trying to secure a deadline day move for Herra when this could have been done a week ago?
    Because we only got embarrassed by Liverpool on sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we failed with a bid for Khedira :confused:, £34m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Apparently we failed with a bid for Khedira :confused:, £34m.
    Yeah panic bid after finding out that we're not gonna get Herrera probably.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This thread will close in like 10 posts, somebody start a new one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This couldn't have come at a worse time, it's going to get trolled so badly :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Because we only got embarrassed by Liverpool on sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, I don't buy this. It's standard practice for us to have a tough game at Anfield. Regardless of what manager is there, Liverpool away has always been tough for us. I think him and woodpecker have panicked...the fact we bidded 34 mil for Khederia on the last day?! What the hell are these guys playing at?! a world class DM we bid for on the last day?!

ReputationRep:
    No mate, he bloody is to blame. I think it's quite evident in the way we've randomly bided for about 5/6 players today. Surely that has to come from Moyes? I don't think he's solely to blame, but he has had a massive hand in the way we've conducted ourselves in the window. Why the heck were we trying to secure a deadline day move for Herra when this could have been done a week ago?
    As far as I know, the only new name to come up today is Khedira. We've been linked to Fellaini for years and the speculation went into overdrive as soon as Moyes was confirmed. We put in bids for him and they were rejected. I don't know why we've waited until the final day to finish this, though. We've overpaid for a guy that I believe isn't exactly what we needed.

Herrera was linked to us a couple days ago. It was also confirmed that we bid yesterday, but it was lower than Bilbao's valuation. It's a failure that, that deal hasn't come off. Moyes wanted him and the club didn't buy him. Although, I agree. I don't know why this wasn't done beforehand.

I just don't see the manager as being the one that completes a transfer. I always thought it was the upper management that did that. I'm probably wrong, though.

I'm not sure who else we bid for today?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I still have faith in Moyes, Sir Alex would've been pretty much the same in this window , he believed in our squad and we havent lost any players so there wouldnt be the need for big signings. We've had a pretty hard start this season and we gotta give Moyes time to settle, pathetic behaviour from fans asking for Moyes head already, if Sir Alex taught us anything longevity is key.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Let's wait until there's 1 post left, in celebration of Edward Woodward.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    This couldn't have come at a worse time, it's going to get trolled so badly :rofl:
    True, but then again we all did the same when the new Arsenal thread came up

ReputationRep:
    The next thread should be a tribute to Ryan Giggs, but I think due to the great events that occurred tonight, we should dedicate it to Mr Edward Woodward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Let's wait until there's 1 post left, in celebration of Edward Woodward.
    And start it in the health and relationships section
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    £10m bid for Messi? Sad thing is even that wouldn't be the most ridiculous thing we've done today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    As far as I know, the only new name to come up today is Khedira. We've been linked to Fellaini for years and the speculation went into overdrive as soon as Moyes was confirmed. We put in bids for him and they were rejected. I don't know why we've waited until the final day to finish this, though. We've overpaid for a guy that I believe isn't exactly what we needed.

Herrera was linked to us a couple days ago. It was also confirmed that we bid yesterday, but it was lower than Bilbao's valuation. It's a failure that, that deal hasn't come off. Moyes wanted him and the club didn't buy him. Although, I agree. I don't know why this wasn't done beforehand.

I just don't see the manager as being the one that completes a transfer. I always thought it was the upper management that did that. I'm probably wrong, though.

When i say bided, i'm talking just generally about the bids we've made today. Herra, Khederia, Fellani, probably had a cheeky pop at Baines as well, unoffcial reports saying Ozil as well. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we enquired about Ronaldo lol

ReputationRep:
    New thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2454338

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Personally I still have faith in Moyes, Sir Alex would've been pretty much the same in this window , he believed in our squad and we havent lost any players so there wouldnt be the need for big signings. We've had a pretty hard start this season and we gotta give Moyes time to settle, pathetic behaviour from fans asking for Moyes head already, if Sir Alex taught us anything longevity is key.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem with that is Moyes has inherited a championship winning squad. Sir Alex didn't get that when he arrived. It's all well and good saying that he should be given time, but people will start to complain if this team doesn't win anything and starts slipping over the next couple years. I will be highly surprised if he still has a job if United win nothing over the next 2/3 years.

Football has changed. Managers are generally replaced every couple seasons. We were just lucky to have a very talented manager and squad that has continued to win over the years.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: That is just something else.

What beggars belief is the fact that Tottenham signed guys with a lot more quality (passing at least), at far cheaper prices
    What beggars belief is the fact we payed 3.5m less for RvP.

(Original post by Hustler-1337)
    so Man Utd fans, are you more angry at Moyes or Ed Woodward for the lack of signings?
    Woodward by a country mile.
    (Original post by AXERTYRE)
    Quite frankly I do not know why David Moyes insist on replacing Evra at LB, he is still defensively suspectable but his forward play has been excellent as always. Alex Buttner has been OK as a backup as well so I don't know why Moyes don't rate them.
    I've got it. Moyes is a closet Suarez fan? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini people have doubts but having watched him last season I am very confident he will do well for us, exactly what we need as he can offer us that something different in midfield, can't wait to see him in action!

ReputationRep:
    Im just hoping Ed Woodward and David Moyes has learned from this c*** up

ReputationRep:
    This is getting comical:

Rebecca Stephenson @1rebs

R.Madrid have announced they've signed Brazilian left-back Guilherme Siqueira on a ssn-long loan from Granada as replacement for Coentrao
    12:19 AM - 3 Sep 2013
    122 RETWEETS 3 FAVORITES
    ESPN.co.uk ✔ @ESPNUK

Fabio Coentrao hasn't signed for Man United #MUFC
    12:18 AM - 3 Sep 2013
    150 RETWEETS 7 FAVORITES
    Rebecca Stephenson @1rebs

Fabio Coentrao’s season-long loan from Real Madrid to Manchester United has been officially confirmed by La Liga officials. #mufc
    12:17 AM - 3 Sep 2013
    399 RETWEETS 12 FAVORITES

Who do we feckin believe?!?
    WTF!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.