Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Only player I was paying attention to in that match was moussa sissoko. What a signing.... Gotta hand it to that wee club in the north east, they sure have some excellent scouts.
    He wasn't exactly an unknown player, I'm guessing pretty much every club in Europe knew about him. He looked excellent, but I'm going to wait and see. He scored 1 and assisted 1 in 38 games before in France.

I would have thought that De Gea save would have still come back off the post even if he hadn't of grazed it. Quite fortunate it didn't hit him on the rebound. But Cech certain would have been destroyed in the media had he had De Gea written on his shirt after his performance yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope man united will be a treble winner this season! Great win against fulham yesterday though

ReputationRep:
    De Gea's Best moments.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Aguero will score with a Gerrard assist...

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid's next match is against Sevilla and it's the match before our clash so I'm sort of hoping they win it.

Because if they lose then they'll be pretty angry and would be eager to prove that they are an amazing team by trying to give their all against us.

If they win against Sevilla then they probably won't be as determined to beat us compared to if they lost against Sevilla.

Either way they'll be really determined because the Champions League and Copa del Rey is all they've got since they're basically already out for the La Liga title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Aguero will score with a Gerrard assist...
    I'm hoping it's the other way around apart from Dzeko instead of Aguero getting the 'assist' because I'm not too fond of him.

ReputationRep:
    All I could do was laugh when that went in, it is pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    liverpool possibly about to hand you guys the title.. (or as good as..)

ReputationRep:
    Then Reina decides to give them a helping hand.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    liverpool possibly about to hand you guys the title.. (or as good as..)
    Tbh, Liverpool have gave as good as they get against us in the second half. Teams don't just roll over for you, you have to win games and City haven't really done much bar capitalising on two poor moments from Liverpool.

Really good result from a United perspective. 9 point gap, 13 games to go. United-Everton and City-Chelsea could be huge games.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have happily have taken that before the game

ReputationRep:
    City still have the advantage in terms of games to be played, they flopped in CL.

9 points ahead is great news though. Not close to winning it at all, we could drop that in the last 6 or 7 matches given who we have to play, let alone from then til now.

ReputationRep:
    9 points clear.

ReputationRep:
    more dropped points for City

ReputationRep:
    no time for complacency though! All set now, we need to win win win until citeh come to OT

ReputationRep:
    9 points ahead :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    That was a good match, not going to get excited about our points lead just yet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    That was a good match, not going to get excited about our points lead just yet..
    I think you guys were like 8 point ahead last April but then the Machester derby changed the swerve. However, the second Manchester derby of the season will literally determine the direction this season, City will need to win to stay in contention but if United win/draw then you'll be more than likely to have the title confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    I would say we are in a far better position for the run in than we were at this point last season. This point last season we had Vidic out, Rooney was our only proven goalscorer, and we our play was horribly one dimensional without an AM. This season we have a completely fit defence, we have our 3 main midfielder looking on form, an AM to add a bit through the middle, and a real potent attacking threat going forward.

Apparently Carrick has pulled out of the England game with a hip injury. Not sure whether that is just SAF saying we can't risk him or he's actually injured as he looked fine during the game and can't imagine they trained today judging from Rio's twitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I would say we are in a far better position for the run in than we were at this point last season. This point last season we had Vidic out, Rooney was our only proven goalscorer, and we our play was horribly one dimensional without an AM. This season we have a completely fit defence, we have our 3 main midfielder looking on form, an AM to add a bit through the middle, and a real potent attacking threat going forward.

Apparently Carrick has pulled out of the England game with a hip injury. Not sure whether that is just SAF saying we can't risk him or he's actually injured as he looked fine during the game and can't imagine they trained today judging from Rio's twitter.
    That's true, I think the only thing that bothers me is that it seems like we're still figuring out our best 11 though which isn't ideal. It would be more comforting to me if we did have an unequivocal strongest team. There's still question marks around Valencia, Nani, Anderson, Young etc. I'm not sure if we're really utilising Kagawa as effectively as we could also, although he was good against Southampton.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 3, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.