Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We have the highest points total since Chelsea in the Mourinho years and tbh, I don't think a man like SAF will let us lose the title again. We need to have that killer instinct and brutality that we had in 2000-01 when he cruised to the title and didn't let up. It's not going to be easy and we will drop points but am more relaxed that we'll be able to handle things better this time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    That's true, I think the only thing that bothers me is that it seems like we're still figuring out our best 11 though which isn't ideal. It would be more comforting to me if we did have an unequivocal strongest team. There's still question marks around Valencia, Nani, Anderson, Young etc. I'm not sure if we're really utilising Kagawa as effectively as we could also, although he was good against Southampton.
    Well it might not be ideal, but I think when you have enough players on form(like you've had all season) and now with vidic back and ando fit, you'll be fine. Valencia isn't that quality winger anymore this season, but you have good AMs in rooney and kagawa, carrick has been quality, cleverley has been able to get games without an injury, think you're strong in central midfield which makes up for the winger problems this season i.e. the inconsistency of young and nani and the poor performances from valencia attacking wise.

I doubt you'll lose the title, I think you will be level on the mourinho points total. I think your team just has that ridiculous consistency to win games, that's how you win titles tbf.

ReputationRep:
    I would be tempted to play rooney in midfield vs madrid, almost like the chelsea game

ReputationRep:
    I know that it didn't work against Everton at the start of the season, but if Van Persie needs a rest, would love to try Kagawa behind Rooney up top again. Maybe against Reading.

Madrid game is edging closer and closer. The only winger I'm confident should start is Kagawa, and he's not even a winger. Sort of tells you a lot about the current state of our wingers. All the others have their pros and cons. As long as Welbeck doesn't start, I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theglobaledition.com/zimb...hester-united/

HARARE, Zimbabwe (The Global Edition) – In a desperate attempt to save the federal government from economic collapse , Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Finance has decided to gamble all of the nation’s $217 on Fulham Football Club to come out victorious in a match against Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, you do know that it's a joke, right?

ReputationRep:
    Jones out for at least two weeks. He's going to miss the first leg of CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    Erm, you do know that it's a joke, right?
    Ye i realised once i looked at the website but couldnt be assed to delete it ;D

(Original post by Akkuz)
    Jones out for at least two weeks. He's going to miss the first leg of CL.
    Shame, but at least we won't have him playing v RM..

ReputationRep:
    Cristiano Ronaldo claims Real Madrid have 'a better team' than Manchester United

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...chester-United

In the comments section most people believe that we'll get through. When we drew Real Madrid, I thought that that is where I Champions League journey for this season will end.
    But now my original opinion's changed. Although on paper Real Madrid have the better team, I'm thinking that we could come out of this clash victorious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Cristiano Ronaldo claims Real Madrid have 'a better team' than Manchester United

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...chester-United

In the comments section most people believe that we'll get through. When we drew Real Madrid, I thought that that is where I Champions League journey for this season will end.
    But now my original opinion's changed. Although on paper Real Madrid have the better team, I'm thinking that we could come out of this clash victorious.

Real Madrid have really struggled against some terrible teams in comparison to the United squad. You have every chance to go through. Personally i think this will be a pretty high scoring tie.

ReputationRep:
    Zaha in under 21 lineup if anyone want to watch

ReputationRep:
    I actually believe we could win the treble this season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Real Madrid have really struggled against some terrible teams in comparison to the United squad. You have every chance to go through. Personally i think this will be a pretty high scoring tie.
    Yeah you can say that. United seem the slight favourites, but real are still a big team with quality players. They'll turn up for those matches. Like they've done in all the el clasicos this season despite their woeful performances against other teams.

Take it this way. Real have quit the league and did it after the malaga defeat. Malaga away would have been an easy win if they were playing like last year. If their players come back from injury in time they'll give united a tough match, they'll be more motivated in this competition than a competition they know they're not going to win. Chelsea last season was a prime example, liverpool in 05, milan in 07 and more. I see united going out personally on away goals.

Plus I think the CL final will be juventus vs real madrid so I wanna be proven right, was 45 mins away from predicting the CL final last year :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    We don't know how good madrid actually are, too be honest I think this tie will depend on our defence for the first time this season going a goal behind will seem very costly, who every plays in the back 4 will have to be on top form, and De Gea will have to prove how good he is, though he was amazing in europa league last year, De Gea could actually improve us in the CL, as VDS was never on top form in the last 2 CL finals against barca, attack will just have to carry on with how they've been playing, and the class of Carrick will be tested but overall I think we can take madrid if our defence holds up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    We don't know how good madrid actually are, too be honest I think this tie will depend on our defence for the first time this season going a goal behind will seem very costly, who every plays in the back 4 will have to be on top form, and De Gea will have to prove how good he is, though he was amazing in europa league last year, De Gea could actually improve us in the CL, as VDS was never on top form in the last 2 CL finals against barca, attack will just have to carry on with how they've been playing, and the class of Carrick will be tested but overall I think we can take madrid if our defence holds up.
    Yeah, same can be said with madrid. Madrid always have goals and same with you guys. Despite the dodgy form of higuain and benzema this season(partially due to injury), ronaldo has still been scoring goals, ozil is coming back to that early 2012 form. I also think that you've been relying on defence for a few games lately. The tottenham match being a prime example, nullifying bale for 94 mins, to the point that he couldn't drift as he'll fall into one of jones, rafael or vidic. The days of outscoring the other team has gone since vidic came back to full fitness I think.

Carrick will probably have a boss game. Carrick vs alonso will be an interesting duel.

ReputationRep:

Never forgotten

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    We have the highest points total since Chelsea in the Mourinho years and tbh, I don't think a man like SAF will let us lose the title again. We need to have that killer instinct and brutality that we had in 2000-01 when he cruised to the title and didn't let up. It's not going to be easy and we will drop points but am more relaxed that we'll be able to handle things better this time round.
    We won that year because everyone else was so ****ing awful, not because we were any good. See: spineless performances in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebas_back)
    We won that year because everyone else was so ****ing awful, not because we were any good. See: spineless performances in Europe.
    Agreed.

I expect a lot of twist and turns in this title race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)

Never forgotten
    Great video. #RIPBusbyBabes

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.