Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I don't think there's much chance of De Gea ending up at Real, not only is he from Atletico, but Real also have a better keeper than De Gea who is also the club captain, loved by the fans and is an incredibly powerful player there. Barcelona would be more of a worry but I don't think they will spend as much as we would ask for on a keeper.
    Just as good young keepers that are available personally and cheaper, how many times do you see a top keeper move from two top range/similar level clubs in a league. It rarely ever happens bar when a team is in a financial crisis, the closest I've seen to it this year is handanovic and the lloris transfer and even then you can say that they moved to a team with much better oppurtunities.

Real won't buy a keeper. They have lopez as backup and casillas there for at least 5-10 years. Unless they want the courtois/cech problem they might as well not bother tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I don't think there's much chance of De Gea ending up at Real, not only is he from Atletico, but Real also have a better keeper than De Gea who is also the club captain, loved by the fans and is an incredibly powerful player there. Barcelona would be more of a worry but I don't think they will spend as much as we would ask for on a keeper.
    i think he will stay at United for a while. Agree about the Athletico thing and i think we may go after someone already in the Spanish league or try for Ter Stegen. De Gea would be too costly especially if the rumors of us going after Hummels as a number one target in summer are true.

ReputationRep:
    Strange pick with Hummels. He's a good defender no doubt, he can pick a pass from the back too but his play when under pressure didn't really seem of the quality to be a CB at Barca. I think if I was him, I'd prefer to move to Bayern with Pep rather than Barca.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ub-many-times-

Did this get posted already?

ReputationRep:
    Seems strange, he would have been due to leave this year, but signed a new deal at the end of 2010. He's has far more game time since then, with the Schalke game, and such, then he got injured yet again. Got played again the start of this season, then got crocked. He gets time in the team whenever he is is fit and not fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Strange pick with Hummels. He's a good defender no doubt, he can pick a pass from the back too but his play when under pressure didn't really seem of the quality to be a CB at Barca. I think if I was him, I'd prefer to move to Bayern with Pep rather than Barca.
    Yeah, bayern would be a good place to go. He was a youth squad player at bayern too so it would make sense, I guess he probably wants a new challenge in a new country. I would if I was a football player personally.

Weird. I guess he doesn't want to be at united. Let him go and cut the losses. Thought he'd come good, he clearly has talent but his fitness levels are an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah, bayern would be a good place to go. He was a youth squad player at bayern too so it would make sense, I guess he probably wants a new challenge in a new country. I would if I was a football player personally.

Weird. I guess he doesn't want to be at united. Let him go and cut the losses. Thought he'd come good, he clearly has talent but his fitness levels are an issue.
    I don't think we need a player who is can distribute we need someone to replace Puyol. Pique can do all that nonsense passing from the back but replacing Puyol is crucial.

ReputationRep:
    Zaha having another great game, got one assist in the first half and realistically should have had two more.

ReputationRep:

One of those 'every touch' videos of Zahas performance v Middlesbrough in case anyone hasn't watched much of him yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)

One of those 'every touch' videos of Zahas performance v Middlesbrough in case anyone hasn't watched much of him yet
    Looks quality, the first cross for the goal was from an unbelievable angle.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea Man City got Barnsley :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trickz)
    We seem to be getting solid draws in every competition this seasion..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trickz)
    Chelsea finally get a tough draw? Only took about 6 years.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, the "great" (and annoying) pundit Stan Collymore has unfortunately piped up claming that Rooney shouldn't be the focus after his "poor" showing in Madrid but Carrick! Maybe someone should explain to him that part of a deep-lying midfielder is not only to rake passes forward but to DEFEND.

Team changes for tomorrow? I'd expect Vidic to come back alongside Evans with maybe Buttner starting? Evra on the bench? Giggs might get a start and Hernandez with Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    Saw this by the side

ReputationRep:
    Saw this by the side

Can he please just come back? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    ^Did they show that on Sky? Great picture. Ronaldo's proper put energy into that pose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Chelsea finally get a tough draw? Only took about 6 years.
    We've had hard draws early on. We had leicester, portsmouth and birmingham last season e.g.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    LOL, the "great" (and annoying) pundit Stan Collymore has unfortunately piped up claming that Rooney shouldn't be the focus after his "poor" showing in Madrid but Carrick! Maybe someone should explain to him that part of a deep-lying midfielder is not only to rake passes forward but to DEFEND.

Team changes for tomorrow? I'd expect Vidic to come back alongside Evans with maybe Buttner starting? Evra on the bench? Giggs might get a start and Hernandez with Rooney.
    That piece was ridiculous :rolleyes: What midfielder would dominate against Real Madrid? Basing his assumptions of highlights -.- great pundit...

I really want Powell to start but hoping he at least gets half an hour tomorrow. I think Anderson and Cleverley will start. Probably Young and Valencia as well. Maybe start Smalling in right back over Rafael to give him a rest.

ReputationRep:
    Saw this by the side

The beasts of '08. My man crush on Cristiano was reignited after Wednesday. What a guy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.