Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    3 is even better! (unless I'm missing something)

But we're doing alright, I guess
    You're right! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    You're right! :P
    It seriously puts into perspective how leaky we were first half of the season, even when you take the number of games played into account!

ReputationRep:
    "It's Carrick you know, hard to believe it's not Scholes..."

All throughout the second half.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why Welbeck cant just stay after training for 20 mins extra to practice shots near to the box. It is just practice! Typically top strikers have two major qualities; first is the ability score with one fatal strike/striking instinct and second quality is the ability to play and control the ball. Most strikers develop the fist quality and then look to improve on second quality, Welbeck is opposite, he can play the ball like a Barcelona player would, but does not have that strikers' instinct like hernandez. But you just have to look at Van persie to see what welbeck could be if he had that striking goal scoring ability!

ReputationRep:
    Rafael seems to have that right-back position locked down now, especially with Smalling and Jones continuously injured.

However, Welbeck was awful again. Yeah he challenged for the ball and works hard, but his technique is just not good enough. He either takes too much time, or just rushes a shot. I want to see Welbeck score a proper goal; not some flick, tap-in or easy header, but a proper deadly finish. If I was a defender, I wouldn't fear him one single bit.

Lastly, Vidic vs Samba, what a battle! Two of the toughest guys in the league battling in the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    I don't understand why Welbeck cant just stay after training for 20 mins extra to practice shots near to the box. It is just practice! Typically top strikers have two major qualities; first is the ability score with one fatal strike/striking instinct and second quality is the ability to play and control the ball. Most strikers develop the fist quality and then look to improve on second quality, Welbeck is opposite, he can play the ball like a Barcelona player would, but does not have that strikers' instinct like hernandez. But you just have to look at Van persie to see what welbeck could be if he had that striking goal scoring ability!
    To be fair, you could say this about most strikers. Give anyone RVP's goal scoring ability and they're a top player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdajoka)
    "It's Carrick you know, hard to believe it's not Scholes..."

All throughout the second half.
    I swear throughout that second half I thought they were singing " Its magic, whoahaoh, can't believe you can't score, it's magic..."

I was hearing the -ick (at the end of carrick) sound and scho- (at the start of scholes) sound and made my own song lol.

I prefer the latter to be honest...lol

It would of been embarrassing if they scored...

ReputationRep:
    Btw, how did Nani play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    To be fair, you could say this about most strikers. Give anyone RVP's goal scoring ability and they're a top player.
    yes, goal scoring ability is key to becoming a striker but what makes the difference with another top striker who also has top scoring ability, is to be also creating chances by keeping the ball and using skills and then playing the ball to create assists etc. One similar thing between Van persie and welbeck is that they have top quality skills, half of the gifs is skills from persie and welbeck. I mean look at the flick today to nani (even if nothing came of it...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    3 is even better! (unless I'm missing something)

But we're doing alright, I guess

They still have to play Everton, Tottenham and us away so they'd need to hit some serious form
    I thought we were playing them away. If they get 3 points at Old Trafford under these circumstances it'd be unforgiveable to be honest.

Maybe they don't have the easier run in actually as they're playing sides down at the bottom who are scrapping to stay in the league. Realistically I think Arsenal are the only top team we have left to play who've got anything to play for, Liverpool are out of top 4 and Chelsea will probably have 3rd sewn up.

ReputationRep:
    Good win today boys- league (hopefully) done and dusted. How serious did RVP's injury look?

Edit: Why was I negged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 122025278)
    I thought we were playing them away. If they get 3 points at Old Trafford under these circumstances it'd be unforgiveable to be honest.

Maybe they don't have the easier run in actually as they're playing sides down at the bottom who are scrapping to stay in the league. Realistically I think Arsenal are the only top team we have left to play who've got anything to play for, Liverpool are out of top 4 and Chelsea will probably have 3rd sewn up.
    All three of the matches I mentioned City are playing away.
    At the end of the day though we just need to focus on us and we'll have it sewn up and tied down hopefully.

I think the Liverpool match will just be similar to those derbies in recent times. I'd agree that Arsenal seem to have more to play for now than say, City, in terms of tangible results but I wouldn't quite put Chelsea out; They're currently only 4 points behind City and if they get a win over City tomorrow there's hardly anything there. Chelsea play us in out third-last game and by then they might have a lot at stake - especially if Spurs and Arsenal keep things up. Places 2-5 could change completely! It'll be interesting to observe

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I hate united sooo much!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Go City all the way!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys, next season we'll be back to challenge you for the title like it's supposed to be before you turn the prem into the ukranian league.

Didn't watch the match but looking at the gifs rafael scored a banger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plutonion99)
    Go City all the way!!!
    (Original post by Plutonion99)
    I hate united sooo much!!!!!
    Go mental, lad. Linky.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore the footage and listen to the audio (from 9 secs onwards) and that was what I thought of Rafael's goal.

It's interesting that Rafael, Evra and Evans have chipped in with goals this year, important ones aswell. Evans scored against QPR at home, Evra at Newcastle and Rafael's strike yesterday. Our midfield could do with continuing that and chipping in with goals aswell. Cleverley, with his ability can score more if he gets himself into more central positions.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love Rafael, having a really good season.

ReputationRep:
    IF United win the treble people will say Barca had a poor season, we got lucky, referees gave us decisions etc. The amount of United hate is laughable...jealousy much?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.