Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I bought this coat from matalan but I bought the wrong size (,I'm a size 10 but the coat is 12) and it's way too loose, and makes my shoulders look way bigger than they actually are. but I really like the coat and wanted to exchange it. But the thing is I lost the receipt. What should I do? Do you think they'll let me exchange it?

No they won't. I worked in a charity shop and if they follow anything like the procedure we had they have to keep the receipt for record keeping if they give out a refund.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Genocidal)
      No they won't. I worked in a charity shop and if they follow anything like the procedure we had they have to keep the receipt for record keeping if they give out a refund.
      Yes they will. http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/content...eturns/content

They'll exchange or give refund in vouchers according to their website.

ReputationRep:
      The coat has matalan written on the inside, does that help? Or how about a bank statement proving the purchase?

(Original post by Hustler-1337)
        Yes they will. http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/content...eturns/content

They'll exchange or give refund in vouchers according to their website.
        I stand corrected. But I remain unconvinced by their claims. How would they ever know who is genuine and who isn't without a receipt?

ReputationRep:
        I worked at new look and you could return an item for exchange or credit provided it still has the tag attached - receipt meant you could get your physical money back

ReputationRep:
        I stand corrected. But I remain unconvinced by their claims. How would they ever know who is genuine and who isn't without a receipt?
        I guess it's down to trust and goodwill. There's no guarantee that they will accept for an exchange or believe that you are a genuine customer and is probably more down to the cashier or manager's mood at the time and their suspicions.

ReputationRep:
        It's likely, they will either offer an exchange or put the amount on to a gift card/ credit note/ voucher as most retail companies

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
      Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.