Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview with specsavers for a Receptionist next week. any tips or possible questions

ReputationRep:
    make sure you look smart, Questions :and have looked on the website and know a bit about their company and the values and stuff of the comapny. and pledges and stuff
    they may ask you what attracted you to the company/ why do you want to work for the company.
    have you looked on the webiste.
    what would make you a good receptionist.
    what are your good qualities, skills, how would you describe yourself/ character
    how have you dealt wiht a difficult customer/client in the past
    howve you dealt with an angry irate customer, techniques/strategies you would employ.
    these are just general questions, i can remember

ReputationRep:
    first impressions always count,

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, got a call saying I was successful and to come for the next interview on Monday. Where I will be put in store and see how I get on. (Don't understand). Please has anyone done this? How do I go about it. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool,
    'Put in a store and see how you do', basically it's like a second interview, maybe cos they had so many applicants, and they want to whittle it down further.
    Just be yourself and try not to be nervous, /awkward.
    Loads of people do this, (I call it free labour, lol kidding), cos they get so many applicants, they're just trying to make sure they get the best person for the job.
    I did one of these for some other job and got really nervous, and acting proper awkward, so I didn't get the job.
    Lol they were like after the interview , 'well done for getting this far, you are through to the second stage'
    I was like 'second stage, what does that mean'.
    'Well,ordinarily you'd have got the job, but because so many people applied, we have to do second interviews.'

Or maybe they really just want to see how you get on, I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot. Got the job but the pay is small

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlite4real)
    Thanks a lot. Got the job but the pay is small

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is the pay like? I have an interview with them soon but I don't want to leave my current job for less pay! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellyboo)
    What is the pay like? I have an interview with them soon but I don't want to leave my current job for less pay! Thanks
    The pay is national minimum wage, £6.19ph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCreed)
    The pay is national minimum wage, £6.19ph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh not great then but only a few pence less then I get at my current job lol
    Do you work for specsavers ? Would you recommend it to be a good place to work? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Oh not great then but only a few pence less then I get at my current job lol
    Do you work for specsavers ? Would you recommend it to be a good place to work? Thanks x
    Yep! I thought it would be higher myself but I do quite a lot of hours so I guess it makes up for it being NMW.

And I do work for Specsavers indeed. It is a good company to work for, definitely one of the better jobs I've had in recent years! The company treats and trains you well. They have sent me on quite a few training courses now with more booked next month. There's room for career progression in the company if that's what you'd like to do and if you would like to learn how to dispense and things then there's always different things to do in a day.

What job role are you interviewing for may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with "the creed" it's a good place to work and lots or training. I was paid 6.50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I thought it would be higher myself but I do quite a lot of hours so I guess it makes up for it being NMW.

And I do work for Specsavers indeed. It is a good company to work for, definitely one of the better jobs I've had in recent years! The company treats and trains you well. They have sent me on quite a few training courses now with more booked next month. There's room for career progression in the company if that's what you'd like to do and if you would like to learn how to dispense and things then there's always different things to do in a day.

What job role are you interviewing for may I ask?
    Thanks for the reply- really appreciate it! Sounds like a good place to work at-compared to where i am currently at! I will make sure I go to the interview and go from there ! I applied for Optical Assistant-full time!

ReputationRep:
    I start working at Specsavers tomorrow and I am really nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply- really appreciate it! Sounds like a good place to work at-compared to where i am currently at! I will make sure I go to the interview and go from there ! I applied for Optical Assistant-full time!
    You're very welcome! Good luck for the interview. If you need any help with the possible questions just PM me. That's the same role as me. Lots of training opportunities and different things to so in a day. All the best with it

(Original post by Ammy97)
    I start working at Specsavers tomorrow and I am really nervous!
    Don't worry Ammy, you'll be fine. There's a lot to take in at first but you will get the hang of it pretty quickly and just try and learn as much as you can if you're shadowing anybody. Good luck, it will all go well! Let us know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're very welcome! Good luck for the interview. If you need any help with the possible questions just PM me. That's the same role as me. Lots of training opportunities and different things to so in a day. All the best with it

Don't worry Ammy, you'll be fine. There's a lot to take in at first but you will get the hang of it pretty quickly and just try and learn as much as you can if you're shadowing anybody. Good luck, it will all go well! Let us know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! I shadowed someone for my entire shift so that was a great way to learn the ropes. I also booked some appointments and was shown how to carry out pre-testing! The pay isn't wonderful but it is better than nothing and I am gaining experience

ReputationRep:
    Are Specsavers good to work for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammy97)
    Thank you!! I shadowed someone for my entire shift so that was a great way to learn the ropes. I also booked some appointments and was shown how to carry out pre-testing! The pay isn't wonderful but it is better than nothing and I am gaining experience
    Ah that's great! I haven't even been shown how to do pre-testing yet so it's good that you're getting to learn everything! Is your store a big or small one?

(Original post by ultimate mashup)
    Are Specsavers good to work for?
    Their training is good, they send you on courses and things. Room for career progression if you want it, not as monotonous as say working as a cashier and 90 percent of the customers are always pleasant! Only downside I guess is it's NMW and there are a few others but that's only specific to the store I work in. The bad points about mine won't necessarily be in a store you work in depending on your management and things.

You have an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow- feeling nervous ! Anyone have any tips -or what to expect? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's great! I haven't even been shown how to do pre-testing yet so it's good that you're getting to learn everything! Is your store a big or small one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is quite a small one I would say! Yeah pre-testing is great, I am yet to do it on customers yet (eeek scary) but I have been doing it on my managers which is equally as scary. I am going on a training course tomorrow which should be fun....

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow- feeling nervous ! Anyone have any tips -or what to expect? Thanks xx
    Hello,

It will probably vary from store to store, I have been working at Specsavers for about 3 weeks now (I work on Saturdays).

When I had my interview I was asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted the job. I also was asked to tell them a bit about myself and just general things like what A levels I am doing. Do not be nervous - you will be fine!! Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.