Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering whether History, English Literature and Business Studies would be a good combination for A levels. If so, what course would I be able to take in University level should I stick with the aforementioned subjects. Any input is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzulLina)
    Hi, I was just wondering whether History, English Literature and Business Studies would be a good combination for A levels. If so, what course would I be able to take in University level should I stick with the aforementioned subjects. Any input is much appreciated. Thank you so much!
    Are you not doing four AS Levels? Business Studies isn't very respected by universities as it is considered an easier version of Economics, so if you can, do that instead

However, English Literature and History are well respected, just make sure you're not doing too many essay subjects!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    Are you not doing four AS Levels? Business Studies isn't very respected by universities as it is considered an easier version of Economics, so if you can, do that instead

However, English Literature and History are well respected, just make sure you're not doing too many essay subjects!
    Thank you so much! I am doing 4 subjects; History, Literature, Business Studies and General Paper. I will now consider taking Economics instead of Business though if my teachers will allow it. :-) :-)

The only thing on my mind now is what type of courses I might be able to do at University level with these three subjects. I do not particularly want to go into just Literature or History itself though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzulLina)
    Thank you so much! I am doing 4 subjects; History, Literature, Business Studies and General Paper. I will now consider taking Economics instead of Business though if my teachers will allow it. :-) :-)

The only thing on my mind now is what type of courses I might be able to do at University level with these three subjects. I do not particularly want to go into just Literature or History itself though.
    Considering that both Business and General Studies are not very well respected, definitely try to change one of them! With history and lit, you could go into law, history, english lit, education, and I'm not sure about others, since I don't do essay subjects! However, you could consider taking maths too, as this would open up more options, and it is a very well respected A level to have. If you had maths and economics, you could do economics or maths at uni, or even many more courses!
    English Literature, History, Maths and Economics would be a really good set of A levels if you're willing to do them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.