Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GF Parents seen bad texts! Watch

I don't normally post things like this but I would appreciate a viewpoint from a third party!

Basically my girlfriend of 2 months (16) has been "grounded" which I know sounds childish and has had her phone taken off her for the past few days. The reason for that is another story that I don't know the half of but I know her parents are angry with her.

Anyway I have stupidly sent texts in the mean time saying the usual "I miss you" etc but also a couple saying "Dying to have sex you".

I phoned her landline tonight and got hold of her dad and just asked "I know xxxxx is grounded but can I speak to her for a few minutes to wish her happy new year?"

He replied with "yeah sure but so you know I still have her phone, so any text messages you send go to me"...Awkward as fuuuuu! Her parents are going to see me as the stereotypical "lad in it for one thing" which makes me look so sly because it's the exact image I've tried so hard to not put on.

How do you think things are going to be? Do you think there going to try and put me in a bad light to her? How seriously do you think they will take it.

I know you don't know them but they have been so laid back normally yet since this "grounding" they have really taken a "no messin'" attitude.

Literally have a sick feeling in my stomach because things don't feel good at all Thanks in advance for your comments, happy new year to you all x

ReputationRep:
    how old are you ?

ReputationRep:
    Ask them if they even lift.

& Happy new year to you too!

(Original post by Just Another Girly)
    how old are you ?
    18 (1 school year difference)

ReputationRep:
    Well the fact he still let you talk to her is a good sign. Besides, her dad if he's reasonable will probably understand and I don't think they'll be totally influenced by a couple of texts. I wouldn't worry too much, he's going to know deep down that you and his daughter have been "up to stuff" anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i think he was just warning you not to do it again. Lucky, my dad would have hunted you down

ReputationRep:
    Text her saying "You know babe, in addition to the last text, I just miss being with you. You're such a lovely person. I love you. And while I'm at it, I love your dad too. He's such a nice person; I know he wouldn't look at a few texts and make snap judgements about people."

(Original post by HenryD)
    Well the fact he still let you talk to her is a good sign. Besides, her dad if he's reasonable will probably understand and I don't think they'll be totally influenced by a couple of texts. I wouldn't worry too much, he's going to know deep down that you and his daughter have been "up to stuff" anyway.
    I really hope you are right! I don't think I'll fully understand until I speak to her again I could tell she was being very reserved in her replies because she was obviously not alone on the phone!

(Original post by Care-Free)
    i think he was just warning you not to do it again. Lucky, my dad would have hunted you down
    I hope so, that sounds a reasonable explanation hopefully he is not looking at it too guy. Haha blimey! I would pick a girlfriend with a boxer for a dad wouldn't I...

(Original post by RichyFrench)
    Text her saying "You know babe, in addition to the last text, I just miss being with you. You're such a lovely person. I love you. And while I'm at it, I love your dad too. He's such a nice person; I know he wouldn't look at a few texts and make snap judgements about people."
    Haha I'm not that brown nosed but I did (rightly or wrongly) text saying "apologies / blame it on high xmas spirits / i'm normally fairly controlled etc...happy new year hopefully that will help?

(Original post by HenryD)
    I really hope you are right! I don't think I'll fully understand until I speak to her again I could tell she was being very reserved in her replies because she was obviously not alone on the phone!

I hope so, that sounds a reasonable explanation hopefully he is not looking at it too guy. Haha blimey! I would pick a girlfriend with a boxer for a dad wouldn't I...

Haha I'm not that brown nosed but I did (rightly or wrongly) text saying "apologies / blame it on high xmas spirits / i'm normally fairly controlled etc...happy new year hopefully that will help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

That's more brown nosing that what I said IMO. Why apologise for something you completely mean? You're just sorry you got caught saying it.

In the grand picture it means nothing because you're not treating her like a piece of meat, but if you only sent that message it might look a bit that way. You'll end up sending that message again at some point in the future so don't apologise for it or you'll just look like a **** if he catches you again.

ReputationRep:
    maybe the best person who is able to answer this question properly is your dad...

you have to think in the place of a dad.. Maybe her dad had done the same thing for her mum when he was as young as you. But when he comes to be a dad, everything is different.

But I think he won't judge you, because he won't take you as a man who is going to marry her daughter soon (as you are still young). So you still have space to make good impression.

ReputationRep:
    Tough life having a prudish parent. I feel for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Why?? you are both legal and you have not done anything wrong. There is no need for this. Yes it may be a bit awkward and embarrasing, but at the end of the day, the relationship is between you and her. It doesn't impact on her parents directly and so is nothing to do with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sissoko46)
    Tough life having a prudish parent. I feel for you.
    He's not prudish, just protective, as any father naturally would be of his child
    • TSR Support Team

I suspect he would have said something there and then to be fair, least he let you speak to her, guess she did something quite bad to get grounded.

That's more brown nosing that what I said IMO. Why apologise for something you completely mean? You're just sorry you got caught saying it.

In the grand picture it means nothing because you're not treating her like a piece of meat, but if you only sent that message it might look a bit that way. You'll end up sending that message again at some point in the future so don't apologise for it or you'll just look like a **** if he catches you again.

(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    Why?? you are both legal and you have not done anything wrong. There is no need for this. Yes it may be a bit awkward and embarrasing, but at the end of the day, the relationship is between you and her. It doesn't impact on her parents directly and so is nothing to do with them.
    I appreciate your honest thoughts guys I feel somewhat better.

With respect to not needing to apologise. I should have phrased it better I said "I'm sorry you were on the other end of those texts" as yes I agree I meant it I'm only sorry I was caught!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he's just giving you a warning. My step dad found some "vouchers" that my ex girlfriend had made me for valentines day for sex/head on demand. As long as you laugh it off it's not really a problem. I thought it was hilarious but my ex was mortified.

I wouldn't worry about it, laugh it off with your girlfriend but don't bring it up again with him or send an apology text etc.

ReputationRep:
    Take it as a test. Dads are protective of their daughters. My dad said he'd go beat up any guy who's out to hurt me. haha not sure how serious he is.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Yes do this, my dad would find this funny
    (and would have killed you at the first text if i was that age)

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you split the text by accident

"dying to have sex with you.."
    "r amazing personality in a purely metaphorical sense"

or somthing like this.

"you have a great ass!"
    "i still have my daughters phone"
    "i know :perv:"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.