Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else revising on new years night? #commitment Watch

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately. Med school is ****.

Beer me up.

ReputationRep:
    I did some work I had to send to uni earlier on, only spent about an hour and a half though. I won't be doing any more :nah:

I will be working quite intensively for the next 8 days though in preparation for uni exams :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    YESSS doing vacation scheme applications and then gonna start my january exam revision. I think that nye is so overrated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    m8 I'm the monopoly here, your nothing a small firm likes yours will crash m8 economic recession, lifting aint gonna save u bro the extent of market failure is toooooo much even the ****ing public sector can't supply for you m8, your a demerit good your harmful to consumers m8 get the **** out, you need some regulation, people don't want your ****, you don't even harness any ****in benefits for society m8 you ****ing emit negative externalities, your worse than a ****ing atomic bomb m8 the amount of pollution you radiate is greater than ****ing yellowstone bro, when that erupts it still won't be anywhere near to them ****in negative externalities, m8 your market fails accept it move on the price mechanism can't even fix your issues m8 mental instability and pure weakness, m8 not even families with 1p wanna invest in your **** m8, you've being used so many times nobody gives a ****, technology will increase ur supply m8, but who needs excess supply when the product itself is **** talk about spare capacity your price elasticity of supply m8, why do you even have stocks your reliatvely inelastic m8 they have to change the price to increase supply your economies of scale don't even function mate theres no coordination, expensive as **** but a waste of time. m8 even your workers are seeing how **** ur company is bro your making it boring for them, your **** is unoriginal, productive inefficiency occurs. They talk about sustainability, after the fiscal cliff m8 your gonna be nothing, knee-deep in debts bro, then ur gonna cry back to the government for subsidies, heck even milliband doesn't give a ****ing **** about your industry, your gone mate it's over ****ing terrible.
    meow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GooglyEyedMonster)
    OMG I know! I have 8 assignments due in the next 12 weeks, a dissertation due in 14 weeks and 3 days (not counting or anything) and 6 summer exams to revise for :eek:

Our summer is basically just exams ... although final years have to have theirs in the first 2 weeks. 6 x 2hr exams in 2 weeks :afraid::cry2::eek3::headfire::rip:
    27,000 words due in the next 12 weeks, plus two 30 minute presentations to prepare
    24,000 words due four weeks after that (that includes my dissertation, that I haven't even started to research or read my primary novels for yet)

15 novels to read for the first time (500-600 pages of European literature each, stuff like Anna Karenina... which I'm currently battling through) and 6 films to watch...

At least three novels to reread and research for EACH essay (Comparative degree)

AND trying work out my future, apply for jobs, and sort my life out in between!

LUCKILY, no exams though. Only saving grace... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverse)
    meow
    You exude moistivity on a heinously grand scale.

ReputationRep:
    meow
    That was a good revision session mate.

ReputationRep:
    yep Biology

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll be honest now, did about 10 mins revision, didn't understand anything that I read, got frustrated & have been procrastinating ever since :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    That was a good revision session mate.
    I think that's enough for the exam

On a serious note, which graphs do I need to know for the written segment of the exam? And do you know the exam answer structure? I'm clueless :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_L)
    Biology and Economics ahahaha

too cool
    Economics :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I am, going to be studying/revising as the fireworks go off lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's enough for the exam

On a serious note, which graphs do I need to know for the written segment of the exam? And do you know the exam answer structure? I'm clueless :rofl:
    Merit good = positive externality (graph) Demerit good = negative externality (graph) you need to know demand supply determinants of demand supply. Producer and consumer surplus (graph) etc look at ur notes.

I'm doing OCR so exam structure is harder than AQA (No offence to AQA people) but there's no multiple choice just pure questions on application, 18mark essay at the end, it's my hardest exam by far though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)
    27,000 words due in the next 12 weeks, plus two 30 minute presentations to prepare
    24,000 words due four weeks after that (that includes my dissertation, that I haven't even started to research or read my primary novels for yet)

15 novels to read for the first time (500-600 pages of European literature each, stuff like Anna Karenina... which I'm currently battling through) and 6 films to watch...

At least three novels to reread and research for EACH essay (Comparative degree)

AND trying work out my future, apply for jobs, and sort my life out in between!

LUCKILY, no exams though. Only saving grace... :cry:
    I'm too scared to work out how much in terms of number of words due :dong: Good luck!

Do you do some sort of English/Classics degree? (this is where I guess completely wrong....)

I'm currently staring blankly at my dissertation ... must.write.literature.review.soo n.

I feel you on the sorting out future. I've applied to 4 grad jobs, 2 more to fill in the application for and I have applied to 2 of the 8 PhD's I want to do. Why can't these people be nice and use a uniform application form!? Do final years not have enough to do already!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Ok I'll be honest now, did about 10 mins revision, didn't understand anything that I read, got frustrated & have been procrastinating ever since :getmecoat:
    So I guess revising efficiently isn't one of your many talents?

ReputationRep:
    Merit good = positive externality (graph) Demerit good = negative externality (graph) you need to know demand supply determinants of demand supply. Producer and consumer surplus (graph) etc look at ur notes.

I'm doing OCR so exam structure is harder than AQA (No offence to AQA people) but there's no multiple choice just pure questions on application, 18mark essay at the end, it's my hardest exam by far though.
    Is this for AQA too? (the graphs you speak of) Haha no worries, the multiple choice is where most people go wrong anyway

My hardest exam's Physics unit 4, an A* is 60% or something ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Is this for AQA too? (the graphs you speak of) Haha no worries, the multiple choice is where most people go wrong anyway

My hardest exam's Physics unit 4, an A* is 60% or something ridiculous
    A* is 60% isn't that easy or is that by A2 standards? Yeah its for AQA as well, graphs are similar but structure is more written based for ocr.

(Doing AS levels atm Maths, FM, history and econ)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaritymolecule)
    Negged for using a hashtag.

ReputationRep:
    A* is 60% isn't that easy or is that by A2 standards? Yeah its for AQA as well, graphs are similar but structure is more written based for ocr.

(Doing AS levels atm Maths, FM, history and econ)
    It's a very difficult exam hence the grade boundary it's A2

awesome, I am doing A2 physics, maths and econ, dropped english lit D:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.