Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been friends with this girl for about 5 years. We'e living in different cities now.

I just feel like she puts me down a lot - she's been doing this for a really long time but I just used to shrug it off because I thought it was her way of joking around. If I ignore her, she's tends to want my attention, but then when she has my attention she just shoots me down.

Just recently, she asked me what I'm applying for at uni and told me to win over my interviewers with my 'blondeness'. I joked about the blonde thing (it's a running joke between us) then told her what I'm applying for at uni and how I'm happy I've finally made a descision about what I want to do.

She just responded with 'yeah, you think you're so cool.' :confused:
    l found that a bit rude, am I overreacting?

I met her about 2 months ago after a year with some of my other friends. I just felt totally ignored by her.

Another time, a guy complimented me on Facebook, she wrote, 'you're not THAT pretty :P'

Tbh, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around her, I can't be myself. But I don't know if I'm just blowing things out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who brings you down and makes you feel low, you should just kick them out of your life. You'll feel so much happier without them. Something like this happened to me a few years back. I stopped talking to her and i've felt great ever since
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    That is quite rude I think. Are there any positives to this friendship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    That is quite rude I think. Are there any positives to this friendship?
    Honestly, I just can't think of any. Part of the reason why I want to still be friends with her is because we've been friends since year 9 - so its kind of.....I don't know, nostalgic?

But she can just be so *****y for no good reason. It's like I'm her punching bag and I'm fed up of making excuses. I was blaming myself for her behaviour. I thought maybe I was too self centered so I consciously started asking more about herself and whatnot. She just blanks me if I show the slightest interest in her life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.