Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Get that iPhone traced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    I would've knocked that prick out
    i lol'd

ReputationRep:
    its hard to say, it depends on who you are really.

i cant say ive been mugged thankfully, so im not sure what i would do. but i think i wouldnt of just gave it to him, but again, it hasnt happened to me before thank god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Some responses are ridiculous. People saying he should have hit them or whatever would probably pi*s their pants in reality. The best, best thing ever to do is hand your stuff over - you can replace stuff, but not ever your life.
    Just because you'd piss yourself when a piece of chavvy ****ty scum confronts you doesn't mean others will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    Just because you'd piss yourself when a piece of chavvy ****ty scum confronts you doesn't mean others will.
    Well I managed not to before, so doubt I would now. :rolleyes: You're telling me you honestly think the people on this thread beating their chests and roaring about how they'd "kick their heads in" would go on to do that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've been mugged myself and you cannot say how you will act until you have been put into that situation. Everyone saying how they'd ''kick their head in'' even if threatened with a weapon is talking a load of ****, quite frankly.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna get mugged this time last year, I offered the guy £20 and a blowjob instead of him taking my phone, he whacked his little fella out, and I bit clean through his scrotum so his testicle fell out. Served him right.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to say to the people in this thread. Generally, a mugger isn't going to pull out a knife and straight away stab you. So if he approaches you demanding for your phone, and you say you haven't got one on you, he'll probably assume you're lying then pull out a knife (if he has one) and then demand for your phone again, not stab you. Obviously at this point hand over your stuff. Remember, muggers dont want to draw attention to themselves, so they'll most likely take your belongings and flee the situation.

(Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Well I managed not to before, so doubt I would now. :rolleyes: You're telling me you honestly think the people on this thread beating their chests and roaring about how they'd "kick their heads in" would go on to do that?
    Notice how I worded my post, I didn't say those keyboard warriors who say they'd go and "BEAT THE **** OUTTA THE GUY WHO TRIED TO ROB THEM" were telling the truth. I just meant a lot of people (including me) wouldn't just hand over their stuff without a seconds thought to a lone weaponless person. I once knew a guy who insisted he wouldn't still hand over his stuff even if the mugger pulled a gun on him. Obviously he was talking complete bull****. We even argued for a few hours about it. So I know about those kind of people that say stuff like that.

But for me, unless the lone person pulled out a gun or knife, I'm not handing over my stuff. Obviously this will vary from person to person for different reasons but you just have to judge the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Me, personally, would have run. Im fast and so tight that i wouldn't give up my phone without a fight (srs). If he didn't have a weapon and i reckon i could take him, I'd have done that.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time you can get away by just being stern and not acting scared. But fair enough you done th safest thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick100)
    Considering you didn't have a weapon you probably did the right thing. The sort of person who asks random strangers for weed is probably quite happy carrying a knife around with them.
    Ah the wonders of blind stereotypes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBeJelBeReem)
    Ah the wonders of blind stereotypes :rolleyes:
    It's not a "blind stereotype"; the guy was a mugger!

ReputationRep:
    Tough choice.
    I'd wouldn't want to be parted from my beloved phone. You could have quickly pretended to hand it over, then as you both stuck your hands out, make a dash.

Run for all you can. The fear and anger inside you will give you energy and adrenaline and with that you'd be fast enough to get out. Keep running till you find a public area.

If the worse comes to the worse and the caught up, say that you are sorry and that you're confused and sob. Hopefully they may pity you. You'd come off lightly with a few scuffs and cuts, but at least you know you tried to get out, and that's all that counts.

ReputationRep:
    It's very easy to say "I would've done x and y", but when you're actually in the situation it's a whole different thing. Just take comfort in the fact you weren't hurt - I know a fair few people who've put up a fight over muggings and have ended up both mugged and injured. You did the best thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got my Iphone stolen earlier today. I was in my area and some hooded up guy cuts me off with his bike. He started asking me for weed I said I didn't have any and he kept on hassling me, he then got in my face pissed because I was brushing him off then he said "give me your phone", I then gave my phone and we both left.

I feel like a bit of a punk that I just handed it over and with people telling me what they would of done in that situation, but I didn't know what he could of had on him like a knife so I just handed it over.
    You did the right thing for sure, but you should have called the police afterwards (once you've found another phone to use!). This happened to me a couple of years ago and I called the police very soon afterwards. We caught them and they were subsequently convicted!

I know it seems like a long shot and that it might not do anything, but it's a very serious offence (the one who plead not guilty went to a crown court trial), so it's always worth calling 999.

Edit: I am assuming here that you didn't call the police obviously, as you didn't specify. If you did then ignore all of this!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously depends on you personally OP, best advice is to give yiur phone and walk away to live another day. But i have to admit some chavvy scrote and his mate demanded my phone off me a few years back on my way home from my old uni martial arts classes funnily enough- I dropped my phone in front of his feet 'by accident' and when he bent over to pick it up I kicked his head almost off his shoulders. His mate looked at me, shouted some abuse and run off, i was so fired up i nearly ran adter him. but I was young and had a short fuse back then. Probably would react different these days.

ReputationRep:
    well i suppose you coulda pushed him over pretty easy and stalled him (you said he was on a bike)... but then i guess that once he'd got up, he would have used that bike to chase you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 100hundreds)
    Seriously depends on you personally OP, best advice is to give yiur phone and walk away to live another day. But i have to admit some chavvy scrote and his mate demanded my phone off me a few years back on my way home from my old uni martial arts classes funnily enough- I dropped my phone in front of his feet 'by accident' and when he bent over to pick it up I kicked his head almost off his shoulders. His mate looked at me, shouted some abuse and run off, i was so fired up i nearly ran adter him. but I was young and had a short fuse back then. Probably would react different these days.
    i hope this is true, i honestly do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    i hope this is true, i honestly do
    It really is dude, tho I'm not gonna say too muchmore because they may or may not have been minors

ReputationRep:
    I might just install find my iphone now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.