Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I have done during mugging? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick100)
    It's not a "blind stereotype"; the guy was a mugger!
    Doesn't imply he has a knife. I know too many weed smokers and not enough 'knife bearers' for this to be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBeJelBeReem)
    Doesn't imply he has a knife. I know too many weed smokers and not enough 'knife bearers' for this to be true.
    Do they go about mugging people? Because if not then whether or not they carry knives is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Should have taken a gamble, son.

ReputationRep:
    An iPhone can be bought again sometime in the future. Your life is priceless. You did the right thing.

(Original post by Somali-Pir8)
    Just like that? You immediately gave him your phone?
    Just wanted to update it a little, no I didn't he saw that I had headphones and knew I had the iPhone/pod.

I saw him again a little bit ago, someone rang me up to identify him. Fund him and he ran like a ***** we robbed his bike and then wrapped it around a lamppost.

(Original post by Somali-Pir8)
    Just like that? You immediately gave him your phone?
    Just wanted to update it a little, no I didn't he saw that I had headphones and knew I had the iPhone/pod that's why he came up to me I said I had nothing for him that's why he got pissed that time and he tapped my pockets, then got in my face and put me to the wall then told me to give him the phone.

I saw him again a little bit ago, someone rang me up to identify him. Fund him and he ran like a ***** we robbed his bike and then wrapped it around a lamppost.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... only issue is a lot of people like that, give it or not, may beat you up anyway...
    I've never been in that situation luckily enough, but I know many people that have.
    I have an alarm I can trigger attached to my phone, and I also have tracers on it.

I am in slightly more danger out and about than I was before, in the fact the headphones I now have block out almost 100% of the surrounding atmosphere when out and about, especially with music playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hrbrox)
    This thread's got me really paranoid now. Definitely gonna be more careful with my phone next time I'm in London, last time I was using it as a map (although I did duck into a shop/bank and stay in sight of the security every time I needed to check something). Also looking on ebay for a crappy phone to hand over if I ever am mugged when they haven't seen my phone.
    Just walk into any network shop and ask for their cheapest phone which should be around a tenner. Or are you that cheap? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Just walk into any network shop and ask for their cheapest phone which should be around a tenner. Or are you that cheap? :eyeball:
    Yes I am that cheap. No seriously though, I live in the country so 'just walking into a network shop' involves a half hour drive into the nearest city, paying for parking and wasting a few hours I should be using to revise. Whereas it took 10 minutes to search on ebay for the phone model I used to have and buy one for £5.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.