Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I go ahead with this, even though my parents wont like it and call me a hippie Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I recently applied online for this new project that started a year ago. Basically its like the Venus Project but not as futuristic or professional. I don't want to give the exact name of the project I applied for away, but basically they are building a sustainable communal living project in Canada and are building things like earthships. (See image)
    I applied to visit and help out, and had to write why I wanted to go, and what skills I had. I love the look of the project however the people are into psychedelics and weird universe stuff which I am not comfortable with as I have never taken any drugs.
    They said they liked what I put on the form and want to give me a webcam interview to see what I am like in person, so I'm worried but intrigued that I might actually have a chance to go visit and help out for a few weeks. I also have to pay for the flights if I want to go, but I think the accommodation is free but I'm not sure.
    Also my parents would hate me to do this if they found out what it was. They would think I would be taking drugs, which I guess may be likely if I'm surrounded by people into magic mushrooms etc. Also they would likely think I was wasting my life, however I think it would be a great experience.

What do you advise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nacho King)
    x
    Is this a serious post? Judging by your Illuminati thread I am saying you're a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldGhost)
    Is this a serious post? Judging by your Illuminati thread I am saying you're a troll.
    Haha, thats in the past. This is serious.

ReputationRep:
    It's your life, do what ever you want (as long as it complies with the laws of course).

ReputationRep:
    Can you post a link for this thing? Sounds great for a friend. Also its very hippy like but sounds good and its not your parents business.

ReputationRep:
    Why not stay at the Findhorn community in Scotland... it is much closer and they are not off their tits on 'shrooms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    Can you post a link for this thing? Sounds great for a friend. Also its very hippy like but sounds good and its not your parents business.
    I'll PM you it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Why not stay at the Findhorn community in Scotland... it is much closer and they are not off their tits on 'shrooms
    No, that's in boring Scotland, this is in Canada. Also from first glance it doesn't look at good.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have any views on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nacho King)
    Anyone else have any views on what I should do?
    Just do it, you're an adult capable of making your own decisions. Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    after earth ships i kind of tuned out on it... sorry bro.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it might be a bit wierd with all the shrooms and stuff. Do you think your parents would let you go if you really wanted or are they totally against it?

Watch out, the feds will have your webchat under surveillance!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.