Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, first time poster...

I chose my A-level choices with no intention of going to university, but I am now starting to regret that... I am doing Maths Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Music Technology, but have decided that I really want to do something physics based, how screwed am I in terms of subject choice? Will I be able to get into a decent course with them? I'm not doing maths mechanics (there was no space) so will that also affect my chances? I will almost certainly be dropping music tech, so will that be ok if I have maths stats, chem and phys?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions and thanks in advance for anyone who answers,

John
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes you will certainly be able to get on to a Physics degree course with mathematics, physics and chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that the music tech and the maths(only being stats) will drag it down?

ReputationRep:
    You be suited and booted for the vast majority of places. The top uni's will only care to a point, Oxbridge might be a bit different though.

ReputationRep:
    That's good, I know I'll have no chance of getting into Oxford or whatever, but will I still be able to get into a Russel Group Uni? I don't care THAT much if I can't but... can I?

ReputationRep:
    The Mechanics modules are usually desirable when applying to top universities, but they're not essential. You'll be fine. Just self-teach yourself some of the concepts in M1-M2 and mention it in your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Maths phys and chem are my subjects and I have already got 2 offers from York and kings college London, both Russell groups do have m1 but I doubt you're at a hide disadvantage with most unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 31, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.