Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, first time poster...

I chose my A-level choices with no intention of going to university, but I am now starting to regret that... I am doing Maths Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Music Technology, but have decided that I really want to do something physics based, how screwed am I in terms of subject choice? Will I be able to get into a decent course with them? I'm not doing maths mechanics (there was no space) so will that also affect my chances? I will almost certainly be dropping music tech, so will that be ok if I have maths stats, chem and phys?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions and thanks in advance for anyone who answers,

John
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will certainly be able to get on to a Physics degree course with mathematics, physics and chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that the music tech and the maths(only being stats) will drag it down?

ReputationRep:
    You be suited and booted for the vast majority of places. The top uni's will only care to a point, Oxbridge might be a bit different though.

ReputationRep:
    That's good, I know I'll have no chance of getting into Oxford or whatever, but will I still be able to get into a Russel Group Uni? I don't care THAT much if I can't but... can I?

ReputationRep:
    The Mechanics modules are usually desirable when applying to top universities, but they're not essential. You'll be fine. Just self-teach yourself some of the concepts in M1-M2 and mention it in your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Maths phys and chem are my subjects and I have already got 2 offers from York and kings college London, both Russell groups do have m1 but I doubt you're at a hide disadvantage with most unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.