Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, I study a lot, to get good grades and get on a good Uni course at a good college. When I get good grades my mum tells everyone and acts all proud etc. etc. But for instance, tonight, she called me "nerd" and said my brother was normal and I wasn't. She called me "rare" for revising on new years night? The thing is, if I wasn't revising, she would be shouting at me for that?

She also NEVER knocks on my door, which I feel is invading my privacy.

Why is my mum like this? Shes just really mean and horrible even though I do nothing except stay in my room and revise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaritymolecule)
    Okay so, I study a lot, to get good grades and get on a good Uni course at a good college. When I get good grades my mum tells everyone and acts all proud etc. etc. But for instance, tonight, she called me "nerd" and said my brother was normal and I wasn't. She called me "rare" for revising on new years night? The thing is, if I wasn't revising, she would be shouting at me for that?

Why is my mum like this? Shes just really mean and horrible even though I do nothing except stay in my room and revise?
    Same with me except my mum is nice and appreciative, the rest of my family didn't revise and do ****, are you her second child perhaps? Because I'm the forth and the only one to actually revise so she feels relieved, exclaim to her the importance or shut the door in her face if she won't shut the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    Barricade your door. I can't think of solutions to any of your other problems with her though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Same with me except my mum is nice and appreciative, the rest of my family didn't revise and do ****, are you her second child perhaps? Because I'm the forth and the only one to actually revise so she feels relieved, exclaim to her the importance or shut the door in her face if she won't shut the **** up.
    She didn't do Alevels, I dont think she understands how ****ing hard they are. Oh look she just barged in my ****ing door there now,.

ReputationRep:
    bloody *****, i really dont like my mum, is that bad?

ReputationRep:

Maybe it's not intentional she's just joking around with you and act's all proud because she's proud of you for doing well and wants you to do well and to be honest being called a nerd is a compliment! Don't sweat it too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    Maybe it's not intentional she's just joking around with you and act's all proud because she's proud of you for doing well and wants you to do well and to be honest being called a nerd is a compliment! Don't sweat it too much.
    ohhh, no no no. It is not said with nice intentions, if only it was

ReputationRep:
    bloody *****, i really dont like my mum, is that bad?
    I think you had too much alcohol

ReputationRep:
    She didn't do Alevels, I dont think she understands how ****ing hard they are. Oh look she just barged in my ****ing door there now,.
    Ah she sounds like the people who dropped out after scraping a c in maths and english, I wish she would respect you more, you gotta ignore her though or fight fire with fire, I'm doing maths further maths, history and economics and yeah its ****ing tough!

ReputationRep:
    She'll be a long time dead, sonny. Start appreciating the little things in life, A-Levels and revision don't mean that much in the grand scheme of things. One day you'll be really old and she'll be gone and regret speaking of your mom like that.

P.S. A Levels are not hard, wait until you have dissertations.

ReputationRep:
    If those are the only complaints you have about your mother then you have it lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried saying, mum do you mind knocking before you come in?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.