Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't want 2012 to end Watch

ReputationRep:

Am I the only one who feels this way? Usually every new year's eve I always look forward to the following year, today I don't. It's just been such a good year for me personally but especially epic for the country what with the jubilee and the amazing summer of sport. There's nothing in 2013 that's going to distract us from the problem that is the economy and I just can't help feeling the year is going to be depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedarklord12)

Am I the only one who feels this way? Usually every new year's eve I always look forward to the following year, today I don't. It's just been such a good year for me personally but especially epic for the country what with the jubilee and the amazing summer of sport. There's nothing in 2013 that's going to distract us from the problem that is the economy and I just can't help feeling the year is going to be depressing.
    Yh, my life's going to revolve around 24/7 checking my email for medicine offers for the next few months.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Also got to find another ancient civilisation which predicts the end of the world in 2013, just to spice it up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    O'fiscal cliff! hopefully it won't destroy everything.

ReputationRep:
    Well look at it another way. It's just a new day. It's only through the dividing of time into a logical sequence that we know it is a new year anyway. Just like on your birthday you don't feel any older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Yh, my life's going to revolve around 24/7 checking my email for medicine offers for the next few months.
    Wow by complete coincidence I have stumbled upon you Mr. IdeasForLife! Am I correct in saying you have or have had a Durham (or Newcastle, can't remember) interview with a 692.5 UKCAT? Someone found you on the stalking page and we weren't sure whether it was genuine or not, what with the cut-off supposedly being at 695 for now.

I got 690. :emo::banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123)
    Wow by complete coincidence I have stumbled upon you Mr. IdeasForLife! Am I correct in saying you have or have had a Durham (or Newcastle, can't remember) interview with a 692.5 UKCAT? Someone found you on the stalking page and we weren't sure whether it was genuine or not, what with the cut-off supposedly being at 695 for now.

I got 690. :emo::banghead:
    Newcastle one, I can produce the email .

Also I have got one for Durham Gateway to Medicine course - just foundation year then 5 year med.
    Tho I haven't got a email to prove this one yet, since they invited me in for an open day and told 6 of us there we got interviews for that one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've uni to sort out too and that's going to be a massive kerfuffle, especially since I want to leave home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ideasforlife)
    yh, my life's going to revolve around 24/7 checking my email for medicine offers for the next few months.
    saaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle one, I can produce the email .

Also I have got one for Durham Gateway to Medicine course - just foundation year then 5 year med.
    Tho I haven't got a email to prove this one yet, since they invited me in for an open day and told 6 of us there we got interviews for that one.
    Well done sir, So the cut-off isn't 695 then! I may be in with a shot, being only 2.5 off you. Good luck for it!
    • TSR Support Team

I'm excited to see what 2013 brings, not sure I want to come back to the UK though

ReputationRep:
    It is not all bad for 2013... we have the Royal Birth to look forward to...a fierce bidding war between Sky and Dave for the rights is expected to break out

ReputationRep:
    It has been a year with lots of lovely memories to cherish. I can see what the OP means.

2013 will see me studying abroad for a short while and two Ashes series for me to look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    It is not all bad for 2013... we have the Royal Birth to look forward to...a fierce bidding war between Sky and Dave for the rights is expected to break out
    Dave reporting on the Royal Baby... That would look weird. But at least they will have one fewer repeat of top gear or total wipeout than usual

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Well look at it another way. It's just a new day. It's only through the dividing of time into a logical sequence that we know it is a new year anyway. Just like on your birthday you don't feel any older.
    This.

2012/3 is just pixels on a computer, ink on paper, and air from our mouths. Things change over time but it has nothing to do with the year...

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind personally, something exciting is happening in my life soon and I need it to be 2013 for it to arrive! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I do. 2012 has been an excellent year, but I have a lot of things I want to do in 2013.

New years are always great - it is literally a clean start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123)
    x
    Good luck bro.

I did apply through partners but sure that only reduces the grade not the UKCAT cut off.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing in 2013 that's going to distract us from the problem that is the economy and I just can't help feeling the year is going to be depressing.
    Remember that happiness comes from within. There may be less epic events to distract you, but you can always make your own distractions! Even failing that, you can refuse to let the economy or whatever ruin your day.

Everything will turn out all right eventually. You'll see!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.