Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten accepted onto the course!! So happy, was wandering if anyone else has ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly_demynn)
    I've gotten accepted onto the course!! So happy, was wandering if anyone else has ??
    Hey, not been accepted yet, they received my application yesterday as my first choice was declined.. I hadn't realised that when I sent the application that only one at a time got it.. Worcester probably would have been my top choice..

Congrats on getting accepted, what was the interview like?

Jo

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i didn't know that when you apply to the two uni's, they only send out the one application!
    Have you been offered an interview yet? It was ok! there was 4 sections, 1. Written test (on phonics - not sure if its all the same) 2. Focus group - gave you a question in groups of 4, such as 'what makes an effective learner' for you to discuss together. 3. Presentation - you give a short presentation on a lesson you've taught. 4. Interview.
    They grade you on each section, and if you get all Cs, you get in.. I would make sure you read up on current debates as they'll ask you about this!

ReputationRep:
    Nope haven't heard yet, I called them today and they said they are waiting for my application to arrive by post or something which should be today so I should hear by the end of the week.. Fingers crossed!

The interview sounds fairly intense.. Hopefully I'll be Ok.. Is it like A,B,C and you need to get at least a C?

Thanks for all the interview advice,

Jo

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.