Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten accepted onto the course!! So happy, was wandering if anyone else has ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly_demynn)
    I've gotten accepted onto the course!! So happy, was wandering if anyone else has ??
    Hey, not been accepted yet, they received my application yesterday as my first choice was declined.. I hadn't realised that when I sent the application that only one at a time got it.. Worcester probably would have been my top choice..

Congrats on getting accepted, what was the interview like?

Jo

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i didn't know that when you apply to the two uni's, they only send out the one application!
    Have you been offered an interview yet? It was ok! there was 4 sections, 1. Written test (on phonics - not sure if its all the same) 2. Focus group - gave you a question in groups of 4, such as 'what makes an effective learner' for you to discuss together. 3. Presentation - you give a short presentation on a lesson you've taught. 4. Interview.
    They grade you on each section, and if you get all Cs, you get in.. I would make sure you read up on current debates as they'll ask you about this!

ReputationRep:
    Nope haven't heard yet, I called them today and they said they are waiting for my application to arrive by post or something which should be today so I should hear by the end of the week.. Fingers crossed!

The interview sounds fairly intense.. Hopefully I'll be Ok.. Is it like A,B,C and you need to get at least a C?

Thanks for all the interview advice,

Jo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.