The Student Room Group

IS two weeks enough for A2 Re-takes?

No Troll guys im acc srs 4 exam retakes 2 weeks you think i cna make it guys? dont say im a idiot, i am fully aware i have not revised

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which subject(s)?
economics 2 exams, psychology 1 exam and ICT
Reply 3
Original post by ColossalKrish
economics 2 exams, psychology 1 exam and ICT

No hope.
don't see how asking strangers on an internet forum on their opinion of whether you can make it or not is gonna help your situation

yes you can do it, 2 weeks is plenty of time, 6 hours a day'll do it
Reply 5
You've been put down for the exam so the best you can do is make the most of the time that you have left. Asking/not asking wont make much of a difference to the fact that you have to do as much as you can to maximise your grades in two weeks. Plan out your revision and get cracking. Good luck. I'm retaking four too :/
Im just asking is it generally enoughh btw i meant AS retakes but I am inA2, what grades could i get for 2 weeks worht of work, baring in mind i know my stuff forgot it obv, but was not taught everything tiny things etc obv im just wodnering if someone did this from apst exp
Reply 7
Im just asking is it generally enoughh btw i meant AS retakes but I am inA2, what grades could i get for 2 weeks worht of work, baring in mind i know my stuff forgot it obv, but was not taught everything tiny things etc obv im just wodnering if someone did this from apst exp

Yep I've revised on two weeks...it's doable but you may not get the highest UMS that you can. And in the grand scheme of things, you're better off doing well in your AS modules because in A2 modules you have little time for improving (especially June exams). But you are where you are and yes I would say it is possible. Psychology is definitely possible - I can say from experience and its just one of those things that can go either way.

Did a Chemistry unit 1 on four days and all my English ones in three days. Depends on your subject and how familiar you are with it.

But next time don't leave it too late.
What is the point of this thread?

You have 2 options:

1. Start revising now
2. Don't start revising now

How could Option 2 possibly be considered better than Option 1?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
What is the point of this thread?

You have 2 options:

1. Start revising now
2. Don't start revising now

How could Option 2 possibly be considered better than Option 1?

Thank you for your comment really helped me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Thank you for your comment really helped me.

It should help you: worrying about whether you have enough time is entirely pointless. Starting now will ensure you get the most revision done. Wasting time on TSR worrying about whether or not you have enough time left is not a good use of your remaining revision time.

This thread is pointless. Revise.
Reply 11
lolol
You've asked not to be called an idiot, but I choose to ignore that request. You're an idiot.

You'd be better to take a hit on one of the econ modules. If you do that you'll have enough time to do well in the others. Two weeks for two A2 econ modules alone is a massive push, assuming you don't know much of it already.
Reply 13
1 week will do
Reply 14
Original post by _HabibaH_
Yep I've revised on two weeks...it's doable but you may not get the highest UMS that you can. And in the grand scheme of things, you're better off doing well in your AS modules because in A2 modules you have little time for improving (especially June exams). But you are where you are and yes I would say it is possible. Psychology is definitely possible - I can say from experience and its just one of those things that can go either way.

Did a Chemistry unit 1 on four days and all my English ones in three days. Depends on your subject and how familiar you are with it.

But next time don't leave it too late.

fuarkk, what'd you get in the chemistry?

Im pulling off a similar thing in chem1, got 10 days :cool:
Reply 15
Original post by UKBrah
fuarkk, what'd you get in the chemistry?

Im pulling off a similar thing in chem1, got 10 days :cool:

Lol 80 UMS - it was OCR though.

I just practiced day and night - must've done all the past papers on the face of this earth TWICE.
Reply 16
Lol 80 UMS - it was OCR though.

I just practiced day and night - must've done all the past papers on the face of this earth TWICE.

oh jheeze, bang on A aye. :cool:

Im on aqa :nothing:
Reply 17
Original post by UKBrah
oh jheeze, bang on A aye. :cool:

Im on aqa :nothing:

Nope 89%. Our OCR Jan exams are out of 90 UMS.

I guess I just did better because I was two units wiser, had already done the exam once before and because of the practise I did. I reseat that module in A2 Jan you see.
Reply 18
Nope 89%. Our OCR Jan exams are out of 90 UMS.

I guess I just did better because I was two units wiser, had already done the exam once before and because of the practise I did. I reseat that module in A2 Jan you see.

Strange, ours are out of 100UMS.
Good stuff though, what did you end up with in chem overall?
Revise well and you can be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending